TBS What did you get?

SIMHorseRacing.com is not responsible for any claims or sales made in this section
Forum rules
Do not to post anything abusive, obscene, vulgar, slanderous, hateful, threatening, or sexually-orientated.
Do not post anything negative about any player.
No advertising other games.
The management reserves the right to delete or lock threads and messages at any time.
Read the complete SIM rules and legal information.
Brian Leavitt
Eclipse Champion

Re: TBS What did you get?

Post by Brian Leavitt »

Mr. Lord Rich wrote: 1 year ago
The Steward wrote: 1 year ago I said to Brian on the side, but I will put it in here too: he was in the select sale because his dam has been a monster broodmare. But I did not go around artificially inflating my horses after the gallop level change, ie they might have been a freak when they were born, but I didn't bump them up to freak after the change because I don't think that's right. So obviously he still would have been low but he wouldn't have been "claimer" designation.

Only RRH should ever have felt that pain... just kidding, sorry RRH. Now you and Brian can form a club.
I feel for Brian, also anyone else that got anything less than stakes in the “select auction”.

I know it’s always a gamble and the purpose is the pull money out of the game yadda yadda, but the fact the these are hand picked after the steward can see how good they are and then are still placed in a so called “select auction” is a little bothersome. Unless of course the steward is trying deceive us for the money grab.

I just feel like maybe it should not be called a “select auction” unless the horses truly were semi special.

It’s like going to a high end steakhouse, paying the high end stake house Market price and getting a non flavored piece of beef jerky. At least there you can refuse to pay once that scrap of heap if placed in front of you :lol:
I'm a biased party here, but agreed. Too bad I couldn't send my guy back to the kitchen and not pay for it lol ;)
I have a stable full of cats
Darcy McBride
Hall of Fame

Post by Darcy McBride »

Nick Gilmore wrote: 1 year ago TR filly for $1.2 mil, galloped stake/peak. I have the 2 year old out of the mare and I like him well enough to get a filly sibling.

And a special thanks to the Steward for insuring our new purchases! Are we getting back to insured Steward breds and I just missed the memo?

I was pleasantly surprised to see they were insured again. Thanks, Steward!
DM: AMERICATION MISCHIEF & JAMBOREE
TM: NIGHTWATCH
DS: SINISTER MISTER/THE HELLHOUND/DARKANDSTORMYNIGHT
AWR: TUSCANY GOLD
QH DS: EL RAY SOL
QH DM: MARK ME CHROMED
Diane Townsend
Classic Contender

Post by Diane Townsend »

My understanding was TBS yearlings are insured but game created horses (eg the Swain auction) are not. I've probably missed something though.
Nigerian Prince (TS)
Race With Lions (TM)
The Womble (TR)
Seismic (TR)
Legendary Dragonet (Chase)
Red Eyed Me (Appy Mid)
Ash Tarasin
Eclipse Champion

Post by Ash Tarasin »

I got The Perfect Kiss' granddaughter. She's stakes, bold and likes splashing water. :)
Randall Allen
Grade 1 Winner

Post by Randall Allen »

Last years Steward auction, I bought a 5 million dollar claimer. It is what it is. There is always one in the bunch.
Kelly Haggerty
Eclipse Champion

Post by Kelly Haggerty »

Randall Allen wrote: 1 year ago Last years Steward auction, I bought a 5 million dollar claimer. It is what it is. There is always one in the bunch.
Ow
Gavin Guile
Grade 3 Winner

Post by Gavin Guile »

Got a freak DR colt, excited about this pedigree https://www.simhorseracing.com/horse.p ... ID=1597933
SHOOTING STAR STABLES

Stallions
Bonecrusher (DS)
Connor (DR)
Master of Deception (DR)
Andrew Chillin
Hall of Fame

Post by Andrew Chillin »

Gavin Guile wrote: 1 year ago Got a freak DR colt, excited about this pedigree https://www.simhorseracing.com/horse.p ... ID=1597933
I wished the stud was like a hotter dude but like that dam line is amazing
;p
Durzo Blint
Turf Router

Post by Durzo Blint »

Updated Results So Far:

In the Select Auction:

32 Horses (all have galloped):

11 Freaks (6 DR - 3 fillies, 3 colts; 5 TR - 3 colts, 2 fillies)
17 Stakes
1 Allowance
1 Solid
1 Claimer

In Non-Select Auction:

123 Horses (111 have galloped, 8 remain unchecked, 4 not sold):

8 Freaks (3 DR - all colts; 4 TR - all fillies; 1 TM colt)
93 Stakes
10 Allowance
Carole Hanson
Hall of Fame

Post by Carole Hanson »

Mr. Lord Chillin wrote: 1 year ago
Gavin Guile wrote: 1 year ago Got a freak DR colt, excited about this pedigree https://www.simhorseracing.com/horse.p ... ID=1597933
I wished the stud was like a hotter dude but like that dam line is amazing
Classic winner, decent stakes and freak percentages, from a nice enough family. If anything, the sire is underrated because he doesn’t hypo all As and his foals will probably be better older. In my opinion, that line of sires is full of great colts so it bodes well for this one.
Brandon Schultz
Turf Router

Post by Brandon Schultz »

Durzo Blint wrote: 1 year ago Updated Results So Far:

In the Select Auction:

32 Horses (all have galloped):

11 Freaks (6 DR - 3 fillies, 3 colts; 5 TR - 3 colts, 2 fillies)
17 Stakes
1 Allowance
1 Solid
1 Claimer

In Non-Select Auction:

123 Horses (111 have galloped, 8 remain unchecked, 4 not sold):

8 Freaks (3 DR - all colts; 4 TR - all fillies; 1 TM colt)
93 Stakes
10 Allowance
I'm just impressed there are 8 people with enough patience that they don't care enough to gallop these things.
The Brandon Schultz Stable Website
Now Standing
TB Dirt Sprint | Dopamine ($55k)
TB Dirt Route | Ill With Want ($35k)
Darcy McBride
Hall of Fame

Post by Darcy McBride »

I remember the very first Stewbred I bought, many SIM years ago. I scrimped and saved and was finally able to win him in the auction. He turned out to be what was a Productive back in the day, but I didn't care, I had a Stewbred! I think he won a race or two, was gelded and rehomed in an eventer home. I don't even remember what his name was. Lol
Gigi Gofaster
Hall of Fame

Post by Gigi Gofaster »

Darcy McBride wrote: 1 year ago I remember the very first Stewbred I bought, many SIM years ago. I scrimped and saved and was finally able to win him in the auction. He turned out to be what was a Productive back in the day, but I didn't care, I had a Stewbred! I think he won a race or two, was gelded and rehomed in an eventer home. I don't even remember what his name was. Lol
This made me go back and find mine:
https://www.simhorseracing.com/horse.php?HorseID=214856

I wrote an article about the stress of my first steward auction - he was a productive too I think! he started out very exciting but, well, it didn't last.
"I was afraid of Gigi, it was true." Oh yes. Be afraid. Be very afraid...
"Gigi, you continue to impress the heck out of me." - The Steward. Okay, it was 10 RL years ago, but I'm keeping it.
Sara Julin
Grade 1 Winner

Post by Sara Julin »

Gigi Gofaster wrote: 1 year ago
Darcy McBride wrote: 1 year ago I remember the very first Stewbred I bought, many SIM years ago. I scrimped and saved and was finally able to win him in the auction. He turned out to be what was a Productive back in the day, but I didn't care, I had a Stewbred! I think he won a race or two, was gelded and rehomed in an eventer home. I don't even remember what his name was. Lol

I wrote an article about the stress of my first steward auction - he was a productive too I think! he started out very exciting but, well, it didn't last.
Fun to go back and see who was the first Steward bred you bought :)
https://www.simhorseracing.com/horse.php?HorseID=680685

All Your Might was my very first steward bred purchase <3 (shame I gelded him, but alas, it happened). The Oldest Steward's Cup winner in the Sim history. 11 years old x'D
Portrait Artist of the Sim~
Standing Stallions, Crayon, Illegalist
Stallions Soon To Come, n/a
A horse gallops with it's lungs, perseveres with it's heart and wins with it's character~
Darcy McBride
Hall of Fame

Post by Darcy McBride »

Sara Julin wrote: 1 year ago
Gigi Gofaster wrote: 1 year ago

Fun to go back and see who was the first Steward bred you bought :)
https://www.simhorseracing.com/horse.php?HorseID=680685

All Your Might was my very first steward bred purchase <3 (shame I gelded him, but alas, it happened). The Oldest Steward's Cup winner in the Sim history. 11 years old x'D
Sara, you had a much better purchase than Gigi and I did. Lol