TBS What did you get?

SIMHorseRacing.com is not responsible for any claims or sales made in this section
Forum rules
Do not to post anything abusive, obscene, vulgar, slanderous, hateful, threatening, or sexually-orientated.
Do not post anything negative about any player.
No advertising other games.
The management reserves the right to delete or lock threads and messages at any time.
Read the complete SIM rules and legal information.
Sara Julin
Grade 1 Winner

Re: TBS What did you get?

Post by Sara Julin »

Darcy McBride wrote: 1 year ago
Sara Julin wrote: 1 year ago
Gigi Gofaster wrote: 1 year ago

This made me go back and find mine:
https://www.simhorseracing.com/horse.php?HorseID=214856

I wrote an article about the stress of my first steward auction - he was a productive too I think! he started out very exciting but, well, it didn't last.
Fun to go back and see who was the first Steward bred you bought :)
https://www.simhorseracing.com/horse.php?HorseID=680685

All Your Might was my very first steward bred purchase <3 (shame I gelded him, but alas, it happened). The Oldest Steward's Cup winner in the Sim history. 11 years old x'D
Sara, you had a much better purchase than Gigi and I did. Lol
I was very lucky to get him (and that he repaid me later). 700k doesn't sound like much, but for me it was my entire wallet back in year 42 (more or less).
I joined y21, so it took me 21 sim years to be able to buy my first stewardbred.
Portrait Artist of the Sim~
Standing Stallions, Crayon, Illegalist
Stallions Soon To Come, n/a
A horse gallops with it's lungs, perseveres with it's heart and wins with it's character~
Tammy Fox
Eclipse Champion

Post by Tammy Fox »

I am one of those that is waiting to find out how my steward bred gallops. I opted to do a work on him, and his work tells me that he is either going to be productive or allowance. Although he may surprise me and be allowance or better. Not my first steward bred auction but my first one since I just came back after a long break for me.
My first Steward Bred though: https://www.simhorseracing.com/horse.php?HorseID=7382

She was amazing and went on to produce some very nice foals and had several full siblings that were amazing as well as several nieces and nephews that were quality horses. I miss that line. I wish I could resurrect her and just get one foal out of her to race. I would not care if it was a stakes winner or not, just very fond of that her.
Ma Springs
Grade 1 Winner

Post by Ma Springs »

Tammy Fox wrote: 1 year ago I am one of those that is waiting to find out how my steward bred gallops. I opted to do a work on him, and his work tells me that he is either going to be productive or allowance. Although he may surprise me and be allowance or better.
You train him fit, do a new work and be pleased to see a much faster time. 👌
Nashville Stud
Elite Power | DS/DM/AWS/AWM/AWR | $40,000
Levels | TM | $12,000 with incentives
Kacchan | TM | $3,500
Tammy Fox
Eclipse Champion

Post by Tammy Fox »

I am very happy with my purchase. I galloped him today and he galloped stakes. He galloped brave as well. My only concern is he also galloped at peak. Hoping that part is wrong and he will be progressive instead. If not I might have a really good 2yo on my hands that fades as an older horse.
Durzo Blint
Turf Router

Post by Durzo Blint »

Tammy Fox wrote: 1 year ago I am very happy with my purchase. I galloped him today and he galloped stakes. He galloped brave as well. My only concern is he also galloped at peak. Hoping that part is wrong and he will be progressive instead. If not I might have a really good 2yo on my hands that fades as an older horse.
Awesome Tammy! I will say that I think 99.9% of Stewardbreds gallop as peak. I'm not sure there has ever been an answer as to why as this is wildly different than my personal breeding numbers (12.6% peak gallopers out of almost 1,700 horses the last two seasons).
Mr. Lord Rich
Hall of Fame

Post by Mr. Lord Rich »

Durzo Blint wrote: 1 year ago
Tammy Fox wrote: 1 year ago I am very happy with my purchase. I galloped him today and he galloped stakes. He galloped brave as well. My only concern is he also galloped at peak. Hoping that part is wrong and he will be progressive instead. If not I might have a really good 2yo on my hands that fades as an older horse.
Awesome Tammy! I will say that I think 99.9% of Stewardbreds gallop as peak. I'm not sure there has ever been an answer as to why as this is wildly different than my personal breeding numbers (12.6% peak gallopers out of almost 1,700 horses the last two seasons).
I feel like it is programmed into the game that way so that your stewy horse shows it’s potential up front, only thing that can explain the high success rate of stakes or better bred by the steward. When is peasants breed the same, we get allowances and claimers that will upgrade later once peak.

That’s just my random thoughts on it all. As normal I am prob 100% incorrect.
A CAVAL DONATO NON SI GUARDA IN BOCCA
Carole Hanson
Hall of Fame

Post by Carole Hanson »

Pretty sure The Steward confirmed she makes sure they are at peak straight away so that they show their best potential. However, this doesn’t mean they will be bad as older horses. Lots of horses can hold their peak for a long time and through many seasons. My horse Henry VII (linked below) peaked at 3yo in week 1, and is still freak peak as a 6yo:
https://www.simhorseracing.com/horse.ph ... ID=1308649
Nena Olson
Hall of Fame

Post by Nena Olson »

Brian Leavitt wrote: 1 year ago I spent 2 million on one of the only dirt milers in the auction and got a claimer.

So very select, indeed.
That reminds me when I used to buy by picking via the names... bought Hunger Games, was all excited, and got a HTT out of it. Was only $800k but for me thats a lot for a HTT!
✧.* SIM Artist ੈ✩‧₊˚
Tammy Stawicki
Hall of Fame

Post by Tammy Stawicki »

Mr. Lord Rich wrote: 1 year ago
I feel like it is programmed into the game that way so that your stewy horse shows it’s potential up front, only thing that can explain the high success rate of stakes or better bred by the steward. When is peasants breed the same, we get allowances and claimers that will upgrade later once peak.

I believe the steward has said there is nothing she does to make the horses better she just happens to see all the behind the scene numbers so she can make better breeding decisions. Though does not explain why they are almost all (if not entirely all) peak
Turf Miler studs
Hempstead
Nonego
Omnsicience

Paint Sprinter studs
Jersey
Lecythus*

Paint Mid studs
Corona Wagon Train*
Jacinth
Komati*
Livewires Turnpike*

Discounts for stakes winners/producers
* = multidistance potential
Mr. Lord Rich
Hall of Fame

Post by Mr. Lord Rich »

Tammy Stawicki wrote: 1 year ago

I believe the steward has said there is nothing she does to make the horses better she just happens to see all the behind the scene numbers so she can make better breeding decisions. Though does not explain why they are almost all (if not entirely all) peak
I never said she makes them better, I just said she removes the improvement factor so we know their intended peak gallop at birth
Noel Collins
Derby Contender

Post by Noel Collins »

My first Stew has been a bit underwhelming. I even gave her a name I loved. Yup allowance with stakes potential and four left hooves.

https://www.simhorseracing.com/horse.ph ... ID=1224649
Anthony Zappulla
Hall of Fame

Post by Anthony Zappulla »

Noel Collins wrote: 1 year ago My first Stew has been a bit underwhelming. I even gave her a name I loved. Yup allowance with stakes potential and four left hooves.

https://www.simhorseracing.com/horse.ph ... ID=1224649
Guess that horse doesn't need to change the front lead leg then lol
Out of the Gate Early its Let's Go to the Mall and Do Some Shopping, followed by Baby Crying, then we have Are we there Yet!! :roll:
Dave Trainer
Grade 1 Winner

Post by Dave Trainer »

I never said she makes them better, I just said she removes the improvement factor so we know their intended peak gallop at birth
Isn't that the same as making them better, even if only for a short time before the others catch up?
Mr. Lord Rich
Hall of Fame

Post by Mr. Lord Rich »

Dave Trainer wrote: 1 year ago

Isn't that the same as making them better, even if only for a short time before the others catch up?
No it’s not. She didn’t improve their ability, just removed the foreplay.
Anthony Zappulla
Hall of Fame

Post by Anthony Zappulla »

Removed foreplay, say it ain't so
Out of the Gate Early its Let's Go to the Mall and Do Some Shopping, followed by Baby Crying, then we have Are we there Yet!! :roll: