Alysse Dispersal

SIMHorseRacing.com is not responsible for any claims or sales made in this section
Forum rules
Do not to post anything abusive, obscene, vulgar, slanderous, hateful, threatening, or sexually-orientated.
Do not post anything negative about any player.
No advertising other games.
The management reserves the right to delete or lock threads and messages at any time.
Read the complete SIM rules and legal information.
Mary Whalen
Eclipse Champion

Re: Alysse Dispersal

Post by Mary Whalen »

The Parts Unknown mare I got was an allowance peak, the DMB filly was a productive progressive. Rather than wait for disappoint on the track I retired ended up with a formidable and a some potential. So fingers crossed I can get a good random slide up at least once.
Gen Ravenwood
Miler

Post by Gen Ravenwood »

The Private Affair filly I got was Solid/Peak and Unpredictable. I named her potato in French.
Keith Maidlow
Hall of Fame

Post by Keith Maidlow »

Laura Ferguson wrote: 1 year ago Sorry to see the stable disperse. Picked up three - one was a disappointment, but the other two are well-bred, well-galloping
Don't forget to insure them, as most were uninsured.

How did everyone else do with their purchases?
I just saw a Leonard Beagle barn dispersal too and believe Paul Heinrich left a short time ago. Sad to see some of the people who were here when I joined in 2007 leaving.

So here I am down to 8 horses (only 3 runners) trying to find my way and not to be the next barn dispersal. There is a pretty interesting 3 year old filly by Dave Matthews Band out of With Me Tonight in Alyssa’s auction. The auction ended at an odd time, 6 AM EDT, but I’m up at 5 AM for a couple of minutes, check and I have the high bid. When I get up at 7 my horse count and bank account are the same. And who was up for a last minute bid on a “well-bred, well-galloping 3yo fillip that I'll be glad to get to the track and ultimately, add to the broodmare barn”? You guessed it, Laura Ferguson! And that’s why Laura has been constantly the best player in the game since way before I got here!
*Sugar Bottom Stable
The Steward
Hall of Fame

Post by The Steward »

Keith Maidlow wrote: 1 year ago
Laura Ferguson wrote: 1 year ago Sorry to see the stable disperse. Picked up three - one was a disappointment, but the other two are well-bred, well-galloping
Don't forget to insure them, as most were uninsured.

How did everyone else do with their purchases?
I just saw a Leonard Beagle barn dispersal too and believe Paul Heinrich left a short time ago. Sad to see some of the people who were here when I joined in 2007 leaving.

So here I am down to 8 horses (only 3 runners) trying to find my way and not to be the next barn dispersal. There is a pretty interesting 3 year old filly by Dave Matthews Band out of With Me Tonight in Alyssa’s auction. The auction ended at an odd time, 6 AM EDT, but I’m up at 5 AM for a couple of minutes, check and I have the high bid. When I get up at 7 my horse count and bank account are the same. And who was up for a last minute bid on a “well-bred, well-galloping 3yo fillip that I'll be glad to get to the track and ultimately, add to the broodmare barn”? You guessed it, Laura Ferguson! And that’s why Laura has been constantly the best player in the game since way before I got here!
I agree it's sad, I get really, really sad about it personally, but in reality it is almost impossible to stay deeply invested in an online game for literal decades in real life. A lot of the people (Leonard, Alysse) were young whipper-snappers and have gone on to have real careers in racing, horse ownership, etc. It's hard to stay interested in the fake thing if you have the real thing. I'll never forget at Equestricon when one Saratoga owner said, Why would I play this when I have real horses down the street? I was like Uh, good question. So yes, very sad, but not entirely unexpected... we just need to put some effort into replenishing the stock. Ha!
"There's no secret to training a good horse. It's a matter of being fortunate enough to get one."
"Funny how you often regret the stuff you didn't do more than the stuff you did do" - GG
Cleo Patra
Hall of Fame

Post by Cleo Patra »

The Steward wrote: 1 year agoIt's hard to stay interested in the fake thing if you have the real thing. I'll never forget at Equestricon when one Saratoga owner said, Why would I play this when I have real horses down the street? I was like Uh, good question. So yes, very sad, but not entirely unexpected... we just need to put some effort into replenishing the stock. Ha!
I can answer this!
1) Fake ponies don’t get injured (mostly)
2) Fake ponies don’t injure you (physically anyways)
3) You can yell at, rage geld and be otherwise mean to annoying fake ponies that are annoying. Real horses still need to be fed and loved even when you want to murder them for injuring themselves 5 hours before a perfect race that you’ve been prepping for 3 months and got a perfect barrier draw in, with the weather you wanted and an easyish field
4) There are no taxes in fake pony land
5) Foals don’t die in fake pony land
6) I do not have an 8 digit bank balance in RL. Spending fake dollars on fake ponies stops me going to auctions and spending real dollars on real ponies. Although the SIM may have actually created my unhealthy fixation on buying horses at auction? 🤣
AT STUD
DR... ROYAL ASSASSIN | WITTED
TR... DAY TO DAY | FIRST CLASS | MEGAPIXELS | MIJO | VALAR | WILDNESS
Future Sires... CINEMA (Y69 or 70) | TRAILBLAZING (Y68 or 69)
LA Pepper
Grade 1 Winner

Post by LA Pepper »

Also you can easily own 10 ++++ horses and have something running every day of the week. real life racing means waiting 2-4 weeks or much more between races on your ONE horse. That's excruciating.
LA Pepper
Grade 1 Winner

Post by LA Pepper »

Rochelle Zahacy wrote: 1 year ago
LA Pepper wrote: 1 year ago I usually avoid auctions from outgoing good players, especially since there weren't a lot of horses, because I assume all the really good stuff was given away to friends before the sell-off. Guess I was wrong on this one?
Dispersal auctions automatically happen when a player hasn’t logged in in a certain amount of time, vs just leaving the game. So it’s all their horses vs just what’s left
I know how and why dispersals work. Does NOT mean a player can't give their horses away when they know they are leaving the game. The left overs in that situation are the horses their friends werent interested in, ie the junk. Again as I said, Not in Alysse's auction tho