New Player Stew Auction

SIMHorseRacing.com is not responsible for any claims or sales made in this section
Forum rules
Do not to post anything abusive, obscene, vulgar, slanderous, hateful, threatening, or sexually-orientated.
Do not post anything negative about any player.
No advertising other games.
The management reserves the right to delete or lock threads and messages at any time.
Read the complete SIM rules and legal information.
Hannah Sandiford
Two Year Old

New Player Stew Auction

Post by Hannah Sandiford »

Hi everyone,

I just went to bid on the new player steward auction and am unable to bid as it’s saying I’ve already bought the maximum number of steward breds this year. I find this confusing as I haven’t bought any? Am I missing something? I have accumulated a fair amount in race winnings over my first few weeks in the game (joined during the break) but not enough to win anything on the TBS auction without leaving myself nothing for board/shipping etc, so was really excited to see one just for new players as it would be cool to get the chance to get something nice for when I graduate TP... this has really confused me!

TIA
Hannah
Anthony Zappulla
Hall of Fame

Re: New Player Stew Auction

Post by Anthony Zappulla »

Do you actively claim horses? Cause if they are Steward's bred they count
Out of the Gate Early its Let's Go to the Mall and Do Some Shopping, followed by Baby Crying, then we have Are we there Yet!! :roll:
Hannah Sandiford
Two Year Old

That would probably be it, pretty sure I had one from AJ too when I started- would that count even if I don’t have the horse anymore? I suppose you learn from your mistakes!
Anthony Zappulla
Hall of Fame

Hannah Sandiford wrote: 1 year ago That would probably be it, pretty sure I had one from AJ too when I started- would that count even if I don’t have the horse anymore? I suppose you learn from your mistakes!
Yes it would, but all good cause, have a good look at the sires of these horses in new player auction. It's critical to pay for membership if you haven't done so, to see studs stats more in depth.
Out of the Gate Early its Let's Go to the Mall and Do Some Shopping, followed by Baby Crying, then we have Are we there Yet!! :roll:
Hannah Sandiford
Two Year Old

Just looked through my racing barn, I have a stew bred from AJ so that would explain half the problem and pretty sure I had another at some point. Completely forgot about when I first joined and thought an old stew bred gelding was going to make me rich simply because he was stew bred haha, in fact thinking back I think I had the same issue a few weeks ago trying to buy a broodmare. I’m guessing the rule is there so the TBS auctions don’t get monopolised?
Hannah Sandiford
Two Year Old

Anthony Zappulla wrote: 1 year ago
Hannah Sandiford wrote: 1 year ago That would probably be it, pretty sure I had one from AJ too when I started- would that count even if I don’t have the horse anymore? I suppose you learn from your mistakes!
Yes it would, but all good cause, have a good look at the sires of these horses in new player auction. It's critical to pay for membership if you haven't done so, to see studs stats more in depth.
Yeah getting simperior has probably been the best decision I’ve made so far as a new player. If nothing else it put an end to my random bulk buying of AJ horses in the hope one would be good as I could finally see gallop comment and look at their breeding in more depth (which in turn made me realise gallop comment wasn’t the be all and end all, especially at Trial Park).
Anthony Zappulla
Hall of Fame

You are on the road to success, I feel!!
Tammy Stawicki
Hall of Fame

Post by Tammy Stawicki »

Hannah Sandiford wrote: 1 year ago Just looked through my racing barn, I have a stew bred from AJ so that would explain half the problem and pretty sure I had another at some point. Completely forgot about when I first joined and thought an old stew bred gelding was going to make me rich simply because he was stew bred haha, in fact thinking back I think I had the same issue a few weeks ago trying to buy a broodmare. I’m guessing the rule is there so the TBS auctions don’t get monopolised?
Any actively racing stewardbred counts towards the limit even if not purchased directly from the steward. Though retired horses like a broodmare should not. It is one of those things where its impossible to make a perfect rule. The rule is in place to try to give lots of people a shot at stewardbreds. If it was set as just buying horses from a steward you'd have situations where people would work around by buying pinhooks (horses someone just brought at auction and are selling for more money) or getting someone to buy a horse for them. Though it is sad when people claim less than great horses and then have it count, you are definitely not the first to have made that mistake
Turf Miler studs
Hempstead
Nonego
Omnsicience

Paint Sprinter studs
Jersey
Lecythus*

Paint Mid studs
Corona Wagon Train*
Jacinth
Komati*
Livewires Turnpike*

Discounts for stakes winners/producers
* = multidistance potential
Hannah Sandiford
Two Year Old

Yeah it’s definitely frustrating, there were certainly no superstars in the horses I bought (I’d be happy for them to win a claimer), although I definitely get the reason for the rule. It may not have been a broodmare I was trying to buy, I honestly can’t remember, but am sure I saw something in an auction I couldn’t get a few weeks ago that I kind of disregarded at the time because I wasn’t mad about getting the horse anyway.
Cesar Raez
Miler

Post by Cesar Raez »

As you said 'learn from your mistakes'. Same thing happened to me and it's very frustrating. I am back from year 50 and I'm pretty sure that that rule didn't exist back then but totally agree with the concept. At least the old guy who I rescue from Alexandra Jaysman won a Grade 3 for me :D
Madelene Gilbert
Hall of Fame

Post by Madelene Gilbert »

Oh wait, is this for the leftover yearlings that didn't get a bid earlier? One is in my alerts and says it's in a current auction, but I can't find it on the auction page.
Anthony Zappulla
Hall of Fame

Madelene Gilbert wrote: 1 year ago Oh wait, is this for the leftover yearlings that didn't get a bid earlier? One is in my alerts and says it's in a current auction, but I can't find it on the auction page.
Yes it is
Anthony Zappulla
Hall of Fame

Shame cause a dollar would have got u these horses, now they going for bank
Andrew Chillin
Hall of Fame

Post by Andrew Chillin »

Anthony Zappulla wrote: 1 year ago Shame cause a dollar would have got u these horses, now they going for bank
It’s more complicated than that. They had bids but the underbids won other bids. The Astro filly was over 1 mil at one point.
;p
Anthony Zappulla
Hall of Fame

Ahhh