Admin Please Delete

SIMHorseRacing.com is not responsible for any claims or sales made in this section
Forum rules
Do not to post anything abusive, obscene, vulgar, slanderous, hateful, threatening, or sexually-orientated.
Do not post anything negative about any player.
No advertising other games.
The management reserves the right to delete or lock threads and messages at any time.
Read the complete SIM rules and legal information.
Lily Wilkins
Eclipse Champion

Admin Please Delete

Post by Lily Wilkins »

Thank you.
Last edited by Lily Wilkins 1 year ago, edited 1 time in total.
𝐴𝑧𝑢𝑙 𝐸𝑞𝑢𝑖𝑛𝑒
Since Year 30
Proudly Standing

Equinox | TR/AWR | Leased Out Y66
Quinny | DR/DM | $20,000
✾ Visit our Nursery to view our floofy little future stars!
Nini Panini
Eclipse Champion

Re: Gadot

Post by Nini Panini »

Lily, why?! She has the capability of being an amazing mare. It's too soon to tell. Even if she's not, she could be a stepping stone in a foundational broodmare line.

Why in the world would you potentially give her, and others like her, up so early in her career? To get a horse that MIGHT be better or produce better? Forgive my nerdy reference, but selling her is like deleting a saved video game file that has made a bunch of progress and restarting from the beginning because you MIGHT get better RNG. I honestly think that if you kept a lot of your racing/breeding stock instead of selling them, you would be achieving greater success at a quicker rate.

I urge you to think this through instead of being of hasty.
"How do you describe perfection? Why try, let's just watch her run!"
Carole Hanson
Hall of Fame

Post by Carole Hanson »

I have to say I agree with Nini. Lily, I don’t mean to offend you at all and I don’t want this to seem like an attack. I just think you have a stable with so so much potential and you need to be a little more patient with them. You seem to have had this strategy for many seasons now of selling off very nice horses to build up money to buy other possibly nice horses, correct me if I’m wrong, but I’m pretty sure Gadot was acquired this way.

She is super super nice and you should absolutely keep a hold of her and have her foals for yourself. She is definitely a barn builder kind of broodmare and in my eyes more valuable than those unknown yearlings at auction, at least at this stage.

My advice would be this. Establish yourself a line or two in your barn that brings you beautiful babies every year (I think you have lots of candidates for those), and then once you have that, you can sell some of them off or lease them out to splurge out on a bloodline you really want that you may not have.
Nini Panini
Eclipse Champion

Post by Nini Panini »

Also I'm just going to presume you are doing this to build up money for the Steward-bred auctions and come out with a hot take. Forgive me if I am off base.

From a purely dirt route perspective - Steward breds are extremely over hyped. I am saying this with very little research, but player bred horses DOMINATE DR. Can anyone guess how many Stew-breds have won a Triple Crown race since Year 50? TWO. Count 'em, two! Can Stew-breds still be pretty dang good? Yeah, absolutely - Nokk and Strange the Dreamer (and others) say hi, recently. But the odds are against you. People can absolutely buy stuff as stepping stones for their barns and be rewarded, but that might take another generation or two to reap the benefits.

All I'm saying is, with the kind of mare power you have, I think your chances of getting an awesome DR horse are WAY better breeding your own things than relying on purchases - even Steward-breds.
"How do you describe perfection? Why try, let's just watch her run!"
Danny Derby
Hall of Fame

Post by Danny Derby »

Last edited by Danny Derby 1 year ago, edited 1 time in total.
Andrew Chillin
Hall of Fame

Post by Andrew Chillin »

I think you should sell to me for a steep discount. 1mil. This is purely selfish motive.
;p
Anthony Zappulla
Hall of Fame

Re: Admin Please Delete

Post by Anthony Zappulla »

?
Out of the Gate Early its Let's Go to the Mall and Do Some Shopping, followed by Baby Crying, then we have Are we there Yet!! :roll:
Nicole Marie
Grade 2 Winner

Re: Admin Please Delete

Post by Nicole Marie »

Anthony Zappulla wrote: 1 year ago?
I am also confused.
Notacatbutalawyer 16: 8-3-1, earnings of $381,300 Founder Stakes, Flat Out Stakes, Lexington Race Course Stakes, Dade County Classic, Sunshine State Stakes, Distorted Reality Stakes, Midnight in the Sahara Stakes