Sim exchange

SIMHorseRacing.com is not responsible for any claims or sales made in this section
Forum rules
Do not to post anything abusive, obscene, vulgar, slanderous, hateful, threatening, or sexually-orientated.
Do not post anything negative about any player.
No advertising other games.
The management reserves the right to delete or lock threads and messages at any time.
Read the complete SIM rules and legal information.
Xander Zone
Hall of Fame

Sim exchange

Post by Xander Zone »

I always look at it when steward sales are on and man there are some expensive deals atm (none are mine ) just window shopping lol
John Smith
Grade 3 Winner

Re: Sim exchange

Post by John Smith »

I don't know historical levels of course...but seems I'm happy with 21.5 with effective rate of 20.4 after Steward takes their cut. Is this expensive? In my time at least, this seems good/reasonable.
Show Good Times Farm
Quetzalcoatl (TM) 12.5k
Gord's Secret (TS) 48.5k*
Five Star Hotel (TR) 23.5k
King of Fools (DS) 12.5k
La Joya (TR) 10k
Dancinginmyshadow (TS) 5k
Kefren (TS) 5k
Arabian Comet (TS)
Endless River (TR)
* rebates available
Jo Ferris
Hall of Fame

Post by Jo Ferris »

John Smith wrote: 1 year ago I don't know historical levels of course...but seems I'm happy with 21.5 with effective rate of 20.4 after Steward takes their cut. Is this expensive? In my time at least, this seems good/reasonable.
Up until a year or two ago the exchange rate was usually around 10.0, maybe it would get up to 12-13 for a short bit, then GP and a half day would come and it'd be back down to 10. Commonly you could get them for as low as 5-8 for the exchange rate. Nowadays low-mid 20's is about as good as it gets
Arabian:
Money Run Low - 7.5k
Cass Ole - 5k
Mugello - 5k
All I'll Praise - 5k
Zandvoort - 10k

Paint:
Toby Flenderson - 15k
One In The Woods - 5k
We Can Be Heros - 5k
FLD Eclipse - 3.5k
Scooter - 3.5k
John Smith
Grade 3 Winner

Post by John Smith »

Jo Ferris wrote: 1 year ago
John Smith wrote: 1 year ago I don't know historical levels of course...but seems I'm happy with 21.5 with effective rate of 20.4 after Steward takes their cut. Is this expensive? In my time at least, this seems good/reasonable.
Up until a year or two ago the exchange rate was usually around 10.0, maybe it would get up to 12-13 for a short bit, then GP and a half day would come and it'd be back down to 10. Commonly you could get them for as low as 5-8 for the exchange rate. Nowadays low-mid 20's is about as good as it gets
Thanks
Show Good Times Farm
Quetzalcoatl (TM) 12.5k
King of Fools (DS) 12.5k
La Joya (TR) 10k
Kefren (TS) 5k
Arabian Comet (TS)
Endless River (TR)
* rebates available
Mr. Lord Rich
Hall of Fame

Post by Mr. Lord Rich »

simflation
A CAVAL DONATO NON SI GUARDA IN BOCCA
Louise Bayou
Hall of Fame

Post by Louise Bayou »

I'm way to cheap to pay that rates on the Exchange these days. Sure miss the days of the 10 ratio though lol But I'll say it... I don't mind not using it anymore for other reasons. I don't feel like paying someone to be able to jack up prices in auctions to a really ridiculous level. I'd say more but I'll leave it at that.
“It’s like I’m driving a Mac truck with the speed of a Porsche and the brain of a rocket scientist,” Gary Stevens on Beholder
John Smith
Grade 3 Winner

Post by John Smith »

Louise Bayou wrote: 1 year ago I'm way to cheap to pay that rates on the Exchange these days. Sure miss the days of the 10 ratio though lol But I'll say it... I don't mind not using it anymore for other reasons. I don't feel like paying someone to be able to jack up prices in auctions to a really ridiculous level. I'd say more but I'll leave it at that.
Looking at the current high/winning bids in the most recent and current steward bred auctions, at least. I don't think they are getting their money from the exchange - in general.

Me, for example, with earnings no more than 5 million in any given season certainly can't bid if the average selling price is 9 million/ 5 million/ 3 million respectively. You might see me at 250k or so. And that's with exchange help!
Show Good Times Farm
Quetzalcoatl (TM) 12.5k
King of Fools (DS) 12.5k
La Joya (TR) 10k
Kefren (TS) 5k
Arabian Comet (TS)
Endless River (TR)
* rebates available
Kent Saunders
Grade 1 Winner

Post by Kent Saunders »

xxxxxxxxxxxxx
Last edited by Kent Saunders 1 year ago, edited 1 time in total.
Kent Saunders
Grade 1 Winner

Post by Kent Saunders »

As far as the Exchange goes. I didn't use it when it first came out, then after a few seasons I stated using it to get GP's. But now that Simflation has hit it. I rarely use it anymore unless I am desparate for GP's and game and a half day is way in the future...lol!
John Smith
Grade 3 Winner

Post by John Smith »

Kent Saunders wrote: 1 year ago You would be wrong John. There are owners who bid in the first 2 SB auctons this season a multiple of their lifetime earnings in the Sim. Lou has got it right. Now I am not judging this. It's good for the overall Health of (Financially) the Sim. But it does happen.
Not saying it doesn't happen ...but that isn't the "general," trend.
Show Good Times Farm
Quetzalcoatl (TM) 12.5k
King of Fools (DS) 12.5k
La Joya (TR) 10k
Kefren (TS) 5k
Arabian Comet (TS)
Endless River (TR)
* rebates available
Gavin Guile
Grade 3 Winner

Post by Gavin Guile »

Supply and demand determine the market
SHOOTING STAR STABLES

Stallions
Bonecrusher (DS)
Connor (DR)
Master of Deception (DR)
Nick Shredder
Sprinter

Post by Nick Shredder »

My personal opinion as someone who has worked really hard to build my barn from nothing the last few seasons and has never used the exchange, it does make me angry when I see other newish players who I have way out earned bid huge amounts in SB auctions. That is all I'll say.
Durzo Blint
Turf Router

Post by Durzo Blint »

Nick Shredder wrote: 1 year ago My personal opinion as someone who has worked really hard to build my barn from nothing the last few seasons and has never used the exchange, it does make me angry when I see other newish players who I have way out earned bid huge amounts in SB auctions. That is all I'll say.
Congrats on building up your barn, I’ve been here, what feels like, awhile, and am still very much a work in progress.

Obviously I have no idea which individual(s) you are referring to, but what do you mean by out earn, is this in relation to pure earnings? Obviously there are costs associated, so perhaps these other owners were able to not incur as much cost and netted out some decent profit? Additionally, there are plenty of ways to get some Sim$, perhaps these owners sold a very good horse for a nice chunk of change or leased out a few horses/mares to be able to afford these bids? Perhaps they spent some of their hard earned “real-life” money and bought some GP to purchase Simperior and exchanged what was left for some sim$? However they did it, it shouldn’t be criticized as they are working hard to build up their barn, even if it’s in a slightly different, but just as legitimate, manner as you and/or anyone else.
Louise Bayou
Hall of Fame

Post by Louise Bayou »

Durzo Blint wrote: 1 year ago
Nick Shredder wrote: 1 year ago My personal opinion as someone who has worked really hard to build my barn from nothing the last few seasons and has never used the exchange, it does make me angry when I see other newish players who I have way out earned bid huge amounts in SB auctions. That is all I'll say.
Congrats on building up your barn, I’ve been here, what feels like, awhile, and am still very much a work in progress.

Obviously I have no idea which individual(s) you are referring to, but what do you mean by out earn, is this in relation to pure earnings? Obviously there are costs associated, so perhaps these other owners were able to not incur as much cost and netted out some decent profit? Additionally, there are plenty of ways to get some Sim$, perhaps these owners sold a very good horse for a nice chunk of change or leased out a few horses/mares to be able to afford these bids? Perhaps they spent some of their hard earned “real-life” money and bought some GP to purchase Simperior and exchanged what was left for some sim$? However they did it, it shouldn’t be criticized as they are working hard to build up their barn, even if it’s in a slightly different, but just as legitimate, manner as you and/or anyone else.
I wasn't going to say anymore about this subject..but let's light this candle. And bless your heart Durzo I know you are trying to put a pretty spin on it and that is probably because you are more diplomatic than I am.lol But its pretty obvious that there are those who have no interest in taking the time and building a barn they want to buy it. I'll start by saying I have NO issue with the Exchange in itself. Its a great place to get some GP/cash help if you need it but now its really leaving a bad taste in my mouth. And its because it is very obvious that people are using it to bypass actually building a barn, learning how to play the game and building up a real bankroll. Then those same people are bidding crazy (relative)amounts at auctions because hey it took them all of 2 seconds to click that button and exchange some real money for the Sim cash so they don't have to worry about how long it takes to replenish that bankroll. Meanwhile the rest of us have had to work for real years to build up a barn to get to where we can buy nicer horses. It annoys the CR@P out of me and I'm better off that most I get that so I can only imagine how smaller barns feel about this kind of stuff. Because you can look at people's stats and see they have no way other than buying their money to bid the way they are. Will this come off as rude or mean to some? Maybe. It's not meant that way and I want to see everyone have nice horses. But its just how I feel about it and I know that I'm not alone. Maybe its the "I had to walk up hill in the snow both ways to go to school" but yea I feel like you should have to put in work to get ahead in the game.
“It’s like I’m driving a Mac truck with the speed of a Porsche and the brain of a rocket scientist,” Gary Stevens on Beholder
Anthony Zappulla
Hall of Fame

Post by Anthony Zappulla »

Just my take on this, this game been out for many many years. There are players here now from the beginning or close to the start anyway. They have 150mil or more in thier bank account. If you are new it will take you 20 real years or more without help to get there. You can't hate on new players buying things when the vets already have the game on lock down

Let's just keep things fair here

This is coming from someone who doesn't have alot of money nor have I been playing for awhile
Out of the Gate Early its Let's Go to the Mall and Do Some Shopping, followed by Baby Crying, then we have Are we there Yet!! :roll: