Question if many bids in auction

SIMHorseRacing.com is not responsible for any claims or sales made in this section
Forum rules
Do not to post anything abusive, obscene, vulgar, slanderous, hateful, threatening, or sexually-orientated.
Do not post anything negative about any player.
No advertising other games.
The management reserves the right to delete or lock threads and messages at any time.
Read the complete SIM rules and legal information.
Ma Springs
Grade 1 Winner

Question if many bids in auction

Post by Ma Springs »

Have someone figured out the logic behind the auction wins and could explain?

For example, if I happen to have two high bids when the auction closes (we are talking about the SB max 2 bids, wine 1), will I get the horse with the highest bid or random? (Oh, I hope it's the highest bid, or it will be my turn to make a motion! 🙋‍♀️)

And if I also have an underbid on an even more expensive horse (and the high bidder wins another horse), will I get that underbid, or will all "first bids" go through first and underbids next with no regard to the prize tags?

And lastly, similar to the first question, if I have several underbids, will I get the highest or random?

I'm sure these questions are super clear! 😄 Thank you to anyone trying to give an answer!
Nashville Stud
Elite Power | DS/DM/AWS/AWM/AWR | $40,000
Levels | TM | $12,000 with incentives
Kacchan | TM | $3,500
Laura Ferguson
Hall of Fame

Re: Question if many bids in auction

Post by Laura Ferguson »

If you have two high bids, but can only get one horse, the horse you get to keep is selected at random. So, you have to decide how bad you want your first choice, versus risking getting shut out completely.

And yes, the "first bids" go through first, and then, for any horses that are left after that, they'd go through the same process again with the next highest eligible bidder. So, if you have one or more high bids and can only win one horse, you are not going to pick up one of your underbids. I'm 99% sure that if, in round 2, you were the high bidder on one or more horses via an underbid, the horse you end up with would also be picked at random.
Ma Springs
Grade 1 Winner

Re: Question if many bids in auction

Post by Ma Springs »

Thank you, Laura! Kind of wish it was the other way around on all points though... 😐
Nashville Stud
Elite Power | DS/DM/AWS/AWM/AWR | $40,000
Levels | TM | $12,000 with incentives
Kacchan | TM | $3,500