Puzzle Mares Auction Buy Back Offer

SIMHorseRacing.com is not responsible for any claims or sales made in this section
Forum rules
Do not to post anything abusive, obscene, vulgar, slanderous, hateful, threatening, or sexually-orientated.
Do not post anything negative about any player.
No advertising other games.
The management reserves the right to delete or lock threads and messages at any time.
Read the complete SIM rules and legal information.
Jon Xett
Eclipse Champion

Puzzle Mares Auction Buy Back Offer

Post by Jon Xett »

If you are not happy, not satisfied or feeling bad about the mare you bought in my Puzzle Mare auction -and - you have not already bred the mare - simply send the mare back for the price that you paid. My sincere apologies if you felt that I deceived you or misrepresented my mares. Thanks- jX
Andrew Chillin
Hall of Fame

Re: Puzzle Mares Auction Buy Back Offer

Post by Andrew Chillin »

Hi. Curious, unbiased, 3rd party here. What did you intend or mean by naming them “Puzzle Mares”?
;p
Jon Xett
Eclipse Champion

Post by Jon Xett »

Mr. Lord Chillin wrote: 11 months ago Hi. Curious, unbiased, 3rd party here. What did you intend or mean by naming them “Puzzle Mares”?
I think Danny's A.I. article said it best.
"...a peculiar auction titled "Puzzle Mares" - "With 111 mares of questionable quality up for sale, the term "Puzzle Mares" sparks intrigue and speculation." "The ultimate truth behind the Puzzle Mares may only be revealed through the collective efforts of the community, as players unravel the mysteries one by one."

Or to answer your question in my own words: these mares reminded me of a very difficult 6 Star Sudoku number puzzle because just like these auction mares, I never had the patience to successfully complete the puzzle.

No hidden meaning. No cloak and dagger.
I just wanted to:
have a huge auction
open for a long time
to give players time to look into the mares
who were up for sale
in case they could find something interesting
and unlock the puzzle.

Also, in 7th grade I won a city wide writing prize for an article titled The Puzzler"s Puzzle so I guess I like the word "Puzzle".
Kelly Haggerty
Eclipse Champion

Post by Kelly Haggerty »

No complaints here. Paid 15k for a mare that hypos A-, fine by me.
Jon Xett
Eclipse Champion

Post by Jon Xett »

I seem to have upset the apple cart, again. I have reached out to all the successful bidders from my recent auction to offer to buy back their mare(s).

By way of apologies to everyone in the game, I will share my buy back or breeding incentive plan:
If you feel that the purpose of my Puzzle mare auction was motivated by dumping off terrible mares and that I hid their broodmare status as some sort of devious reason -or- if you simply don't want the mare(s) you won in the auction ; then please send me your mare(s) back for the price that you paid. No questions asked. No hard feelings.

If you choose to breed the mares then "thank you and best of luck with your foals".
As a bonus for taking a chance on my Puzzle mares:
*If your foal(s) gallop productive, solid or claimer: I will refund your bid money (just send me a lease horse for the bid price).
**If your foal(s) gallop allowance or stakes: I will refund your bid money x2 (just send me a lease horse for double the bid price).
***If your foal(s) gallop freak: I will refund your bid money x5 (just send me a lease horse for five times the bid price).

As always, you aren't obligated to do any of this. I wanted to reach out to all the SIM players who won a Puzzle mare to make things right.

Thanks again, jX
Tom Mudgett
Derby Contender

Post by Tom Mudgett »

In honor of the silliness of this game sometimes - Puzzler.
Zarley - 25k - DM
Troika - 25k - DM
Timeweaver - 20k - DM
Swordsman - 15k - DM
Fra Mauro - 15k - DM
Some Rocky Socket - 10k - DM/DR
Space Invader - 7.5k - DM
Cotton Eye Joe - 5k - DM
Maisy Moo Stable
Sprinter

Post by Maisy Moo Stable »

I have named one of mine .Bewildered Moo.

Very happy
Andrew Chillin
Hall of Fame

Post by Andrew Chillin »

As nice as it is when sellers make catalogues and add comments to auctions it ultimately always falls to the buyer to make the right choices. Whatever that may be for them.
;p
Mr. Lord Rich
Hall of Fame

Post by Mr. Lord Rich »

:lol: I’m a little puzzled here
A CAVAL DONATO NON SI GUARDA IN BOCCA
Kent Saunders
Grade 1 Winner

Post by Kent Saunders »

As Mr. Chillin commented. It's always Buyer beware. Buyers should always do their due dilligence and adjust their price accordingly to the unknown in case they end up with the proverbial Lemon. The recent 2 Dispersal sales were filled with a handful of gems and a ton of Lemons and it didn't stop folks from doing some serious bidding. I got a couple of nice horses and LOTS of lemons...lol! No Complaints
Willowcreek Farms
Classic Contender

Post by Willowcreek Farms »

I lost out on a mare that hypoed “A”. Missed the sales deadline. Definite value in this auction, I don’t understand what the fuss is about.
“ A lot of it is out of your hands and the more you do this the more you realize this."
-Chad Brown