It’s Time

SIMHorseRacing.com is not responsible for any claims or sales made in this section
Forum rules
Do not to post anything abusive, obscene, vulgar, slanderous, hateful, threatening, or sexually-orientated.
Do not post anything negative about any player.
No advertising other games.
The management reserves the right to delete or lock threads and messages at any time.
Read the complete SIM rules and legal information.
Rochelle Bos
Hall of Fame

It’s Time

Post by Rochelle Bos »

When I joined the SIM in 2018 (Y50) I couldn’t believe my luck. It didn’t take long for the SIM to become my safe haven where I spent my time hiding from my life.

My passion for the game landed me a mentor who set me up for success. I worked my butt off for many game years getting paid to do odd jobs like naming horses, breeding horses for people, creating stud ads, managing barns for players, and there were even a couple game years I maxed out the articles I could write.

Unfortunately I managed to rub some players the wrong way because of that, and their attitudes towards me, the game became another place where I could no longer find joy.

The last several game years I’ve really struggled with keeping my horses fit and entered into races.

About 8 months ago I left my marriage that had been failing and abusive for years. During that time I’ve been struggling with all the things involved when you separate with children involved.

I no longer have the energy to force myself to play the SIM just because I have nice horses that could do great things…if they were fit…and actually entered into races.

I don’t have the energy to deal with how awful people in this game can treat each other just because they are behind a screen with a keyboard. Making fun of people for the things that bring them joy is just low.

The SIM is a game, meant to bring enjoyment to people’s lives, not be a burden and make them not want to play because of the atmosphere.

I will forever be grateful for the people who did encourage and support me, don't stop trying to keep the spirit of the SIM alive.

I was planning to auction my horses off at the end of the game year but wasn’t able to find someone to run my barn until the end of the year. I have two auctions up now and will be adding another after my last race on Monday:

♛ KINGSWOOD DISPERSAL ► Allowance Progressive and below (the foals were accidentally added to this auction and I have sent a message to get them removed)
♛ KINGSWOOD DISPERSAL ► Breeding Stock

Everything else, my Freak to Allowance Late Bloomers, the Foals, the studs and my favourite breeding stock will be added to the final auction.

Another note is I have been insuring all my foals for quite a few years.

The Foals
A Star is Born [Dam: Starfall 60% Stakes (1 LB, 1 Pr), 20% Freak. Dam leased to The Steward in Y60 for 4.5mil, I messed up racing the foal. Grand Dam Count the Ways sold to Laura Ferguson for $5mil in Y61.]
64 Divine Ally [Dam: Divine Ally 18% Freak, 45% Allowance+. "Wizard Alley mares are the shizzam" - The Steward]
64 Gummy [Dam: Gummy 50% Freak. Full sibling is a freak]
64 Good As Hell [Dam: Good As Hell 60% Allowance. Same sireline cross as the 64 Gummy foal]
KINGSWOOD
Pensioner Program
• Pension your 2yo or older horse
• Ship your horse to any Kingswood Location
• Sell your horse to Rochelle Bos for $0

Comparison is the thief of joy - Theodore Roosevelt
Sara Julin
Grade 1 Winner

Re: It’s Time

Post by Sara Julin »

This is beyond sad :'(
I am so sorry you feel this way, Rochelle. Leaving the game because of some players, which affect's your view of the game you once loved :'(
And then your personal life on top of that. I am very sorry for you, but wish you the best for the future.
Last edited by Sara Julin 10 months ago, edited 1 time in total.
Portrait Artist of the Sim~
Standing Stallions, Crayon, Illegalist
Stallions Soon To Come, n/a
A horse gallops with it's lungs, perseveres with it's heart and wins with it's character~
Ma Springs
Grade 1 Winner

Post by Ma Springs »

Rochelle, this makes me sad in so many ways!
The Sim won't be the same without you. But it is only a game. And it will still be here if you ever decide to come back.
I would like to wish you the very best in the real life, taking care of yourself and your family!
Nashville Stud
Elite Power | DS/DM/AWS/AWM/AWR | $40,000
Levels | TM | $12,000 with incentives
Kacchan | TM | $3,500
Willowcreek Farms
Classic Contender

Post by Willowcreek Farms »

This is really sad. There are a few knobs out there, unfortunately they seem to be lurking in even the littlest spaces. Do come back when and if it feels right. Hey by the way … what did Rod Cone say when you said Carsen says hello? Hehe
All the best to you and your little ones, Carsen
“ A lot of it is out of your hands and the more you do this the more you realize this."
-Chad Brown
Nick Gilmore
Hall of Fame

Post by Nick Gilmore »

This breaks my heart. Please reconsider, scale back your stable to your top 100. You are, without a doubt one of the true true gems of the sim and it would be a sin to loose you.
Rochelle Bos
Hall of Fame

Post by Rochelle Bos »

You guys are going to make me cry first thing in the morning. I woke up to a message from someone willing to run my barn until the end of the year to allow me time to not stress about the SIM and maybe a smaller barn will be more manageable going forward. We shall see ❤️
KINGSWOOD
Pensioner Program
• Pension your 2yo or older horse
• Ship your horse to any Kingswood Location
• Sell your horse to Rochelle Bos for $0

Comparison is the thief of joy - Theodore Roosevelt
Kent Saunders
Grade 1 Winner

Post by Kent Saunders »

I hope you reconsider and take the previous advice and cut back to a much smaller stable that doesn't take alot of time to manage and you can re-discover having some fun here. You will be missed if you decide to leave.....

Kent
Gwayne's World
Eclipse Champion

Post by Gwayne's World »

Hard to imagine anyone here being that abusive?

Maybe you just took their sarcastic humor the wrong way?

Hope you reconsider keeping a few horses and hanging around. :)
Poldark | 3 time G1 winner. Including the Midsummer Classic. $42,500.
Hope Bentley
Eclipse Champion

Post by Hope Bentley »

Yes I hope you can work something out! To make it achievable that you can keep at least a small stable! You’re a great asset to the sim..in so many ways and as others have said .. you will be greatly missed if you leave completely.. scaling down for someone else to manage might be the way to go for a while..

Stallions
*Silver Kitty Cat
*Macha Taima
*Rockin to the Stars & more
Past Stallions
*Black Wolf *Blue Montana Gold *Fire Fire *Streakin Goldstrip
*Bear Encounter *Blood Red Sun *Held High and other greats
John Nicholson
Listed Stakes Winner

Post by John Nicholson »

you can’t leave rochelle I’ll have nowhere to retire all my useless horses 😄 but seriously hope you accept the offer for someone to run your stable and comeback when your ready to enjoy the sim again,we need good people like you.
Sy Razi
Two Year Old

Post by Sy Razi »

So sorry you've become disenchanted with the game. After seeing your original post, I thought about offering to take care of your horses since I'm spending a lot of time on the site. But I assumed you wouldn't want a newbie doing that. I hope a smaller barn and some time away will help you find the spark again and return.
Jack Meyer
Eclipse Champion

Post by Jack Meyer »

So sorry Rochelle, I witnessed some of this in chat and couldn't believe what I was seeing. I also saw a lot on the forum here and never could understand why people get a kick out of doing something like that to someone who is just enjoying the game the way they want to. I'm so sorry you had to endure such crap and hope you find a little bit of light in SIM to keep going in whatever way you see fit. I've been here since 2013 and have seen many people come and go because of this treatment and never could understand it, I wish you the best in whatever you decide.

Jack
My Sires:
DR -Mr.White Socks - 50,000
Appy Sprinter- Wings Of Inferno - 15,000
Appy Sprinter - Chain Of Thorns - 7,500
Appy Miler - Chasing Dragons - 15,000
Lori Hamill
Hall of Fame

Post by Lori Hamill »

Oh, Rochelle, I am so sorry you have been having such a rough time in life and on the Sim. I know for many of us the Sim is a distraction from not so nice things going on in our real lives. It is so sad to think people are hurting/abusing you here. There's no reason for it. No one knows what anyone else is going through in their real lives and they should always take that into consideration.

I sincerely hope that scaling down will help you and you can find some joy in the Sim again. I can't stress enough how much you will be missed if you leave.
¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Nicole Marie
Grade 2 Winner

Post by Nicole Marie »

Jack Meyer wrote: 10 months ago I also saw a lot on the forum here and never could understand why people get a kick out of doing something like that to someone who is just enjoying the game the way they want to.
Same, especially since none of us know what anyone else is going through. I've definitely seen some of the stuff directed toward Rochelle which in my opinion broke the forum rule of 'do not post anything negative about any player' but I've never seen it enforced so I guess that kind of stuff is actually allowed which is a bummer. (And before anyone comes in with "the admins can't be here 24/7" I know that, but it's not like forum and chat messages disappear if they aren't seen immediately.)
Notacatbutalawyer 16: 8-3-1, earnings of $381,300 Founder Stakes, Flat Out Stakes, Lexington Race Course Stakes, Dade County Classic, Sunshine State Stakes, Distorted Reality Stakes, Midnight in the Sahara Stakes
Anthony Zappulla
Hall of Fame

Post by Anthony Zappulla »

Glad to hear you are out of a abusive relationship, I really hope all the best in real life

Hope we see you back at the end of the year with good news

P.S don't listen to people's BS cause in the end it's just that
Out of the Gate Early its Let's Go to the Mall and Do Some Shopping, followed by Baby Crying, then we have Are we there Yet!! :roll: