whatever happened to this being like real life racing

Forum rules
Do not to post anything abusive, obscene, vulgar, slanderous, hateful, threatening, or sexually-orientated.
Do not post anything negative about any player.
No advertising other games.
The management reserves the right to delete or lock threads and messages at any time.
Read the complete SIM rules and legal information.
David Gray
Miler

Re: whatever happened to this being like real life racing

Post by David Gray »

I want to clarify that I DID NOT have a chance to get one of the stallions due to very serious real life situations and believe me I am very sorry that I could not get on the sim during that time frame and have a chance to get one.
"Pay attention as David Gray is building a nice stable of runners." Howard Cake
Mr. Lord Rich
Hall of Fame

Post by Mr. Lord Rich »

I missed the end of the steward auction the year before I started the sim. I wish I could have been there too.
A CAVAL DONATO NON SI GUARDA IN BOCCA
Louise Bayou
Hall of Fame

Post by Louise Bayou »

Pete Vella wrote: 6 years ago I missed the end of the steward auction the year before I started the sim. I wish I could have been there too.
I want to go back and outbid you for EC One Jet..oh yea and back in time so I can get Messiah!
“It’s like I’m driving a Mac truck with the speed of a Porsche and the brain of a rocket scientist,” Gary Stevens on Beholder
Katie Stepanian
Listed Stakes Winner

Post by Katie Stepanian »

Whatever the reason you didn't have a chance to get one, unfortunately that's life. Sometimes you miss out. It's not like there wasn't an extended period of time for anyone who didn't get on during the auction to get a horse sent to them afterwards.

Everyone DID have a chance to get one purely by being a player of the SIM.
Ash Tarasin
Eclipse Champion

Post by Ash Tarasin »

Tammy Stawicki wrote: 6 years ago Worth noting of the 15 stakes yesterday for 2yo mixers only 3 were won by holiday sale stallion sired horse and it was 3 different stallions. Meanwhile, playerbred stallions San Patricio and Easy Sixers both had 4 stakes winners each. So it doesn't appear the holiday sale stallions have taken everything over just yet.
I agree with what you're saying, Tammy.
We do have quite a few nicely nicking stallions in many different TB and mixer divisions that doesn't necessarily become top sires. High nicks and/or ratings doesn't equal G1 winning offspring. I don't take the holiday stallion-ishness too seriously but I may be running mixer divisions where I actually feel I have quite a lot of options. Besides I also like to have some sort of career and/or pedigree and/or real life background when I make my stallion choices (yes, with mixers too! ) ;)
Mr. Lord Rich
Hall of Fame

Post by Mr. Lord Rich »

Ash Tarasin wrote: 6 years ago
Tammy Stawicki wrote: 6 years ago Worth noting of the 15 stakes yesterday for 2yo mixers only 3 were won by holiday sale stallion sired horse and it was 3 different stallions. Meanwhile, playerbred stallions San Patricio and Easy Sixers both had 4 stakes winners each. So it doesn't appear the holiday sale stallions have taken everything over just yet.
We do have quite a few nicely nicking stallions in many different TB and mixer divisions that doesn't necessarily become top sires. High nicks and/or ratings doesn't equal G1 winning offspring. I don't take the holiday stallion-ishness too seriously but I may be running mixer divisions where I actually feel I have quite a lot of options. Besides I also like to have some sort of career and/or pedigree and/or real life background when I make my stallion choices (yes, with mixers too! ) ;)
Anyone not happy with their holiday stallions, I would be more than happy to buy them off you for a lot more than you paid.
A CAVAL DONATO NON SI GUARDA IN BOCCA
Ash Tarasin
Eclipse Champion

Post by Ash Tarasin »

Pete Vella wrote: 6 years ago
Ash Tarasin wrote: 6 years ago
Anyone not happy with their holiday stallions, I would be more than happy to buy them off you for a lot more than you paid.
I am happy with my mare. My point being I couldn't care less about the mass-breeding hype.
Good luck with buying a holiday stallion though. :)