The Enormous Mixer/Harness Overhaul

Forum rules
Do not to post anything abusive, obscene, vulgar, slanderous, hateful, threatening, or sexually-orientated.
Do not post anything negative about any player.
No advertising other games.
The management reserves the right to delete or lock threads and messages at any time.
Read the complete SIM rules and legal information.
The Steward
Hall of Fame

Re: The Enormous Mixer/Harness Overhaul

Post by The Steward »

Update: There will be a FEW scaries in the sale. I can't stop it because of the way the algorithm is written.
"There's no secret to training a good horse. It's a matter of being fortunate enough to get one."
"Funny how you often regret the stuff you didn't do more than the stuff you did do" - GG
Samuel Tilley
Sprinter

Post by Samuel Tilley »

Question for The Steward

Will the newly minted stock be on par with current stock? (Other than cousins being your sister & mother)

Ex, Will new Wow, have the same upper limit & lower limit potential/speed rating as a current Wow.

Or did they get a lil bump in performance.

Brian
Iggy Timeeczech
Eclipse Champion

Post by Iggy Timeeczech »

So are these horses going in seconds or have they not been posted? I have been checking all day and haven't seen one.
Regina Moore
Hall of Fame

Post by Regina Moore »

You have to go to the search page, and put in Alexandra Jaysman as the owner, and the sale price equal to 10,000.

Guess she wasn't wanting to clutter up the regular sales page.
The Steward
Hall of Fame

Post by The Steward »

Regina Moore wrote:You have to go to the search page, and put in Alexandra Jaysman as the owner, and the sale price equal to 10,000.

I changed the main page to now say "search for" instead of "look for" so hopefully that will help.
"There's no secret to training a good horse. It's a matter of being fortunate enough to get one."
"Funny how you often regret the stuff you didn't do more than the stuff you did do" - GG
The Steward
Hall of Fame

Post by The Steward »

Brian Foster wrote:Question for The Steward

Will the newly minted stock be on par with current stock? (Other than cousins being your sister & mother)

Ex, Will new Wow, have the same upper limit & lower limit potential/speed rating as a current Wow.

Or did they get a lil bump in performance.

Brian
I'm not 100% sure on the question - wows are wows across the board, measured for all horses the same way. You have to have a talent rating over a certain number to be a wow, so they're "the same" as current wows. Does that help?
Stormy Peak
Hall of Fame

Post by Stormy Peak »

I haven't read all the posts here, but a reminder, especially for newer players who might have low bank accounts and need to save money.

Once you buy a one of these horses, ship it off to a lower priced farm. The Trial By Summer barn...has a $200.00 board fee.

Stormy
SIRES: Turf Routers - Each multiple G1 winners

Tuck Everlasting
Fee $30,500

Wolfman Jack
Fee $18,000
Landon Alexander
Hall of Fame

Post by Landon Alexander »

Regina Moore wrote:You have to go to the search page, and put in Alexandra Jaysman as the owner, and the sale price equal to 10,000.

Thank you!!! I was so confused!
Samuel Tilley
Sprinter

Post by Samuel Tilley »

Thanks Steward, No that answered my question, the name of the event had me thinking this was some kind of complete renewal.
Brian
Chris Simpson
Classic Contender

Post by Chris Simpson »

I just tried to buy some horses and it says can only buy 10 a day but i have not bought any today. I did buy some yesterday though.

Thanks
Chris
Shiadra Cattari
Listed Stakes Winner

Post by Shiadra Cattari »

Same problem here i did buy them late but way before midnight and im eastern so that shouldnt have been a problem. Course I found out after bsing several and went to buy the ones i wanted and couldnt.
The Admin
Eclipse Champion

Post by The Admin »

Chris Simpson wrote:I just tried to buy some horses and it says can only buy 10 a day but i have not bought any today. I did buy some yesterday though.

Thanks
Chris
This should be fixed now. Try again.
Chris Simpson
Classic Contender

Post by Chris Simpson »

Admin wrote:
Chris Simpson wrote:I just tried to buy some horses and it says can only buy 10 a day but i have not bought any today. I did buy some yesterday though.

Thanks
Chris
This should be fixed now. Try again.
Yep, thanks
Alex Saf A Ka
Derby Contender

Post by Alex Saf A Ka »

Well that sucked paid 100k for 10 maiden claimers
I feel sorry for people who don't drink. When they wake up in the morning, that's as good as they're going to feel all day.
Regina Moore
Hall of Fame

Post by Regina Moore »

For someone who really tried to ignore this sale, I couldn't pass up all the access to fresh bloodlines. So, I ended up buying 18 mares, 2 to 4 of every breed. I did nicks with my stallions, and purchased the mares that nicked better than the others by the same sire.

Most were formidable, which, for some divisions, was better than what I had. I ended up with a couple of potential and a good.

I was extremely happy to get a blue hen by QH mid FDD Dynasty. Plus, a pacing star by Allamerican Native.

Don't know what this is going to do to the foal crop quantity, lol, but now I'm enjoying the long-term goal of "breeding up" the lesser mares and seeing what they'll ended up being responsible for, a couple of generations down the line.