The Enormous Mixer/Harness Overhaul

Forum rules
Do not to post anything abusive, obscene, vulgar, slanderous, hateful, threatening, or sexually-orientated.
Do not post anything negative about any player.
No advertising other games.
The management reserves the right to delete or lock threads and messages at any time.
Read the complete SIM rules and legal information.
Landon Alexander
Hall of Fame

Re: The Enormous Mixer/Harness Overhaul

Post by Landon Alexander »

I have gathered up a bunch of 'formidable' mares, but I was pleasantly surprised to find both a 'star' & a 'blue hen' mare. :)

I also ended up purchasing a 'wow' & a 'very special' - both young colts. :)
Nick Gilmore
Hall of Fame

Post by Nick Gilmore »

It would be interesting to see what sires are coming up with the wow/special and star/blue hen mares. I tested quite a few of each of thequarter horse sires and was most impressed with FDD Dynasty. While I haven't seen any blue hen mares, a star came up and a few formidable. As for the runners, I eventually hit the jackpot with 3 wow and 4 very special.....I guess the SIM Gods want me to give quarters yet another try, lol.
Alleyne Torres
Grade 3 Winner

Post by Alleyne Torres »

I got mostly wings, I think I might wait to retire and bloodstock the fillies. Not bad.
Paint Stallions Standing. Horses for Sale. Feel free to PM me about gallop/bs/foal comments of my sale horses.
Laura Ferguson
Hall of Fame

Post by Laura Ferguson »

For the QHs, I had an FDD Dynasty give me the impressive comment, but actually galloped wings. I didn't do too much more at that point, because I thought we were at a 5 per day, rather than a 10 per day, limit. I think I looked at one or two others by that sire, but didn't see anything great - you definitely cleaned up there, Nick!

I really liked Country Chicks Man - I have two wows (one is one of those 6 year old mares, when they were being put up as racehorses rather than broodmares) - I'm running her once to figure out whether she's more sprint or middle before retiring her and seeing how she rates. The fact that she only needs one piece of equipment helped. As a side note, I'm stunned that the name Country Singer has never been used before.

I also picked up three by No Secrets Here, a star broodmare, a wow, and another that gave the impressive comment, but galloped wings.

For the Arabians, I really like Darweesh. I picked up a blue hen, and a formidable. I saw another that had the formidable bloodstock comment, and I think someone has picked up a star and a very special by him.
Landon Alexander
Hall of Fame

Post by Landon Alexander »

Laura Ferguson wrote: For the Arabians, I really like Darweesh. I picked up a blue hen, and a formidable. I saw another that had the formidable bloodstock comment, and I think someone has picked up a star and a very special by him.

I got some nice ones by him in the broodmares & colts.
Emma Lochran
Hall of Fame

Post by Emma Lochran »

So far I've bought Arabians and Appys. I've gotten several Star bmares, so I'm happy.
Chris Everett
Hall of Fame

Post by Chris Everett »

I got one wow qh but nothing impressive so far... waiting for the next lot to go up so i can see... i saw that Darweesh looks to be a star though with all the blue hen/star mares he droped in this so far.
Tammy Stawicki
Hall of Fame

Post by Tammy Stawicki »

I've been picking up all paints.

Yearling wise thus far I've gotten 1 wow (Azure's Vision), 1 wings (Lonesome Hero), 1 great (Grand Point)
Mare wise I've gotten 1 star (Lonesome Hero, my first star paint broodmare), 1 formidable (Grand Point), 1 good (Dallas Alley), and 1 potential (Easy Dasher)
Last edited by Tammy Stawicki 10 years ago, edited 1 time in total.
Turf Miler studs
Hempstead
Nonego
Omnsicience

Paint Sprinter studs
Jersey
Lecythus*

Paint Mid studs
Corona Wagon Train*
Jacinth
Komati*
Livewires Turnpike*

Discounts for stakes winners/producers
* = multidistance potential
Nikki Everdeen
Hall of Fame

Post by Nikki Everdeen »

I'll share what I got:

ARABS:
• Darweesh - 3 wow
• Djet Set De Falgas - 1 wings, 1 good (broodmare)
• Kaolino - 1 good (broodmare)
• Kong - 1 wings, 1 HTT
• TH Richie - 3 wow, 1 wings, 1 star, 1 formidable

QUARTER HORSES:
• Carters Cartel - 2 wings

PACERS:
• Chocolatier - 1 potential
• Riverboat King - 2 wow
• Western Terror - 1 wings

Anyone wanting to make some money, I'm open to buying pretty much any of the mixers that are at least wings!
Inspiration Stud
Standing quality Appaloosas, Arabians, Paints, Quarter Horses, and Thoroughbreds
Anna Leroux
Hall of Fame

Post by Anna Leroux »

So far:

All Appys of course!
Five Formidable Mares; 1 JJ Boogie, 4 Taylorspottedcash
1 Two Year Old a Wings Taylorspottedcash filly
6 Yearlings:
2 Taylorspottedcash Wings
1 Stakes Taylorspottedcash
1 Blue Oyster Cult Wow
1 Blue Oyster Cult HTT
Matt Feldman
Turf Router

Post by Matt Feldman »

As Charlie Brown once said, "I got a rock."

Agent: 'Trotter Amigo 4' doesn't have any potential as a flat race broodmare; I'd be impressed if she ever produced a winner! Unfortunately, 'Trotter Amigo 4' probably won't produce a very good steeplechaser.

Beyound that one, I got one good mare, one formidable mare, one claimer yearling, one htt 2 year old, and a wings yearling (which in the trotter world is pretty much a lower claimer, if that).

Ah well, at least I cleaned out some of the dreck so my fellow trotter owners can get better horses!
Act Out Multiple Grade 1 Winning Dirt Miler - $10,000

Many Names Multiple Grade 1 Winning Dirt Miler - $10,000
The Steward
Hall of Fame

Post by The Steward »

Matt Feldman wrote:As Charlie Brown once said, "I got a rock."

Agent: 'Trotter Amigo 4' doesn't have any potential as a flat race broodmare; I'd be impressed if she ever produced a winner! Unfortunately, 'Trotter Amigo 4' probably won't produce a very good steeplechaser.

Beyound that one, I got one good mare, one formidable mare, one claimer yearling, one htt 2 year old, and a wings yearling (which in the trotter world is pretty much a lower claimer, if that).

Ah well, at least I cleaned out some of the dreck so my fellow trotter owners can get better horses!
ROFL. And this is where I learn we never removed the Steeplechase line for Mixed breed horses..... Sometimes this game is full of good stuff. Sometimes it's like "Who's in charge here!?"
"There's no secret to training a good horse. It's a matter of being fortunate enough to get one."
"Funny how you often regret the stuff you didn't do more than the stuff you did do" - GG
Anna Leroux
Hall of Fame

Post by Anna Leroux »

Had a mixer mare once say she had potential to produce steeplechasers! And I had a moment of joy before I realized she couldn't since she sucked as a flat producer!
Jo Ferris
Hall of Fame

Post by Jo Ferris »

I got 7 fillies by CRM Livewire all 2 years old
-3 Wow/Stakes
-3 Wings/Great Gallop
-1 HTT
-7 broodmares once they retire

I'm happy!! :)
Arabian:
Money Run Low - 7.5k
Cass Ole - 5k
Mugello - 5k
All I'll Praise - 5k
Zandvoort - 10k

Paint:
Toby Flenderson - 15k
One In The Woods - 5k
We Can Be Heros - 5k
FLD Eclipse - 3.5k
Scooter - 3.5k
Alleyne Torres
Grade 3 Winner

Post by Alleyne Torres »

Oh god I've spent more than $200,000. Plus paying the bloodstock agent. I hope I win the SC or something :D

But I got two wow middler colts, which is what I was looking for. A longshot that they'll do anything, but that's what makes it interesting. 8)
Paint Stallions Standing. Horses for Sale. Feel free to PM me about gallop/bs/foal comments of my sale horses.