Starting mixers

Forum rules
Do not to post anything abusive, obscene, vulgar, slanderous, hateful, threatening, or sexually-orientated.
Do not post anything negative about any player.
No advertising other games.
The management reserves the right to delete or lock threads and messages at any time.
Read the complete SIM rules and legal information.
Mindy Mcmorris
Two Year Old

Starting mixers

Post by Mindy Mcmorris »

Thouroughbreds aren't my thing and I was disappointed at first because I thought Trial Park was the only place I could race at until week 20. Luckily I realised that I could buy and run mixers, so I've picked up some Appys Paints and QHs, and am having a lot of fun with them, so much so that I don't look to buy thouroughbreds any more.
Eventually I'm hoping to be a pure mixer stable.
I also find Trotters/Pacers interesting but I don't know anything about them, as we don't have much harness racing in Europe. Maybe next year I'll have a closer look at them
Anyhow, I'm learning as much as I can from the forums and articles and I'm looking forwards to year 51 and hoping to do well in the races. See you there!
Troy Gallant I
Miler

Re: Starting mixers

Post by Troy Gallant I »

You've come to the same conclusion as a lot of folks that have come through the game. The TB's are arguably the toughest division to crack, despite it having the most "glory". Everyone wants a super-horse to sweep through the triple crown and thus the competition is SUPER heavy. Took me about 3 seasons to realize that I'd get success sooner running mixers instead. I only just started running TB's again, after 10 seasons. Not with any grand dreams tho of triple-crown glory, just some solid allowance and stakes horses to make some cash.

All that being said, welcome to the mixers. If you have ANY questions, particularly about pacers and trotters, please don't hesitate to ask here or PM me. :D