Steward's Cup Week, Who's Going?

Forum rules
Do not to post anything abusive, obscene, vulgar, slanderous, hateful, threatening, or sexually-orientated.
Do not post anything negative about any player.
No advertising other games.
The management reserves the right to delete or lock threads and messages at any time.
Read the complete SIM rules and legal information.
Jo Ferris
Hall of Fame

Steward's Cup Week, Who's Going?

Post by Jo Ferris »

Happy Steward's Cup week!! Always love this thread every year, so who do you have running??

After the year I had, not expecting much, but got a couple decent shots I think. 9 entries, all Paints:
Paint Classic:
Poison Sky - Consistent colt I picked up this year, not expecting a win by any means, but hoping for a check.
Into the Twilight - This guy just busted out a 94 in his last race, had to take the chance, hopefully he can replicate that!
King Of The World - Last race for this guy, would be great to finally get this guy a SC win.

Paint Matron:
Fullblooded Indian - Nice little filly, won a stakes this year not sure how she'll do among older fillies and mares.

Got bumped out of the Championship this year :( Bummed cause I had 2 good looking colts, on improved greatly this year the other was a youngster from the Kya auction, but always next year.

Paint Distaff:
Wild Horses - Sad to retire this mare this year, been a nice mare to race
Workin' On - This filly won a stakes in week 9 busting out a career best SF, wouldn't mind her replicating that

Paint Juvenile:
Breakdown - Bad idea? Absolutely, but you never know if you never try, hopefully he lives up to the song he's named after

Paint Sprint:
Dash Daily - He's been doing pretty good, not sure if he's ready for this level, but hoping he'll be able to hang with the pack

Paint Fillies Dash:
Somethin Like This - Another not great idea but she did get 3rd in the other G1, would be happy with that, or 4th, or 5th, definitely don't expect better than that
Arabian:
Money Run Low - 7.5k
Cass Ole - 5k
Mugello - 5k
All I'll Praise - 5k
Zandvoort - 10k

Paint:
Toby Flenderson - 15k
One In The Woods - 5k
We Can Be Heros - 5k
FLD Eclipse - 3.5k
Scooter - 3.5k
Johanna Stk
Eclipse Champion

Re: Steward's Cup Week, Who's Going?

Post by Johanna Stk »

Swedish FIka in the Arabian Dash
Skam den som ger sig!
Loree Ethell
Two Year Old

Post by Loree Ethell »

Appaloosa Juvenile:
Can't Catch Me

Appaloosa Distaff:
Missing Truth
Whit's True Love
Rochelle Bos
Hall of Fame

Post by Rochelle Bos »

KINGSWOOD
Pensioner Program
• Pension your 2yo or older horse
• Ship your horse to any Kingswood Location
• Sell your horse to Rochelle Bos for $0

Comparison is the thief of joy - Theodore Roosevelt
Fanta Arcadia
Eclipse Champion

Post by Fanta Arcadia »

Former SC winner Deroyal Platinum in the Steward's Cup Paint Matron.

Deroyal Heiress in the Steward's Cup Appaloosa Debutante.
Superbia --> SC Winning Stud from the My Heart of Hearts dynasty --> 40,000 fee
Quetzalcoatl --> G1 winner, Son of SC winner Luxuria, 20,000 fee
Filled With Pride --> G1 winner, Son of SC winner Superbia, 20,000 fee
Ash Tarasin
Eclipse Champion

Post by Ash Tarasin »

Kings Stand Aside - she won last year's Appaloosa Debutante by a neck and became my first homebred SC winner. I love this horse, and she has had a very nice year. Coming in 3rd behind Bob Green's Foxy Fire and Lori Hamill's Every Day Jo in the G1 Tulsa Classic Distaff her first time against older mares in week 11.

Whisper to a Purr - She had a nice year and she seem to have the speed, but she missed both the Game Sired Stakes races leading up to the SC. Maybe luck will be on her side. She will need it.

Sera Was Never - Kings Stand Aside's younger sister. She's trying to replicate her sister's win from the year before, as hard as it will be.

Jo, I raced King of the World from his Year 46 week 11 through year 49, and raced (and named) Into the Twilight during his entire previous career. My heart will be with them both!
Tammy Stawicki
Hall of Fame

Post by Tammy Stawicki »

Got 3 paint sprint fillies I'm happy about.

Paint Ladies Sprint
Acanthus - won the 2yo filly SC race and simmy in year 48 then regressed at 3 so I skipped the steward's cup that year. Came back strong this year running 90 or higher speed figures each race with three wins, including a grade 1, and 3 seconds.

Bandoline - won the 2yo filly SC race last year is undefeated this year and has won 11 of 12 lifetime, with one third). She's actually a "likes mud" filly but has managed to do pretty ok on dry tracks

Paint Fillies Dash
Carreta - this is Acanthus's little sister and my attempt at keeping my streak alive in this race, She's won 4 of 5 including a grade 3 and grade 1.
Turf Miler studs
Hempstead
Nonego
Omnsicience

Paint Sprinter studs
Jersey
Lecythus*

Paint Mid studs
Corona Wagon Train*
Jacinth
Komati*
Livewires Turnpike*

Discounts for stakes winners/producers
* = multidistance potential
Lori Hamill
Hall of Fame

Post by Lori Hamill »

I have quite a few running, a few for their last race before retirement. I'm not really expecting much but hoping for the best.
¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Tom Lin
Grade 1 Winner

Post by Tom Lin »

Charmed Forever and High Wire Brat in the SC appy matron - can always hope?
Dashin to Shop in the SC Paint ladies sprint - 3yo in with aged mares - most likely last start for me so why not?
Heza Shockin in the SC 2yo Paint colt dash - has the talent just needs to show it.
Shire of Inverness - SC Paint juvenile - will need probably better than his best effort.
Locked and Loaded - SC Paint mid championship - I'd love to win with this guy. 8yo Claim game star who just hates to lose. Nominated him this year. Fingers crossed. Go Double L!
Michael Looker
Classic Contender

Post by Michael Looker »

Just the three for me.

Demongold and Devil's Laughter have been running around in the big money QH mid Derbies this year, and end their careers in the 400yd Distaff and Championship respectively. Not expecting much, but I'd might as well have a go.

Koyukon Aotearoa is an 870yd appy 2yo who has won 3 from 4, including the other Grade 1 in the division two weeks ago. The winners of the Grade 1s in the other 2yo Appy divisions have also each had one defeat in their careers, so they're all set up for the old "Win the SC and you might be crowned SIMMY Champion, lose and you won't". Hopefully he'll do his part, though I won the equivalent 2yo fillies Grade 1 three years in a row (Y44 to Y46) and those fillies finished 9th, 6th and 2nd in the SC (the 2nd being Koyukon Aotearoa's older sister).
Melissa Mae
Hall of Fame

Post by Melissa Mae »

I feel it's cheating a bit but I bought Freaky Fire last week and he's headed to the Quarters Dash. I bought him mostly to eventually cross breed to my paints but I'm excited to see what he can do over the next few seasons.
Ash Tarasin
Eclipse Champion

Post by Ash Tarasin »

Ash Tarasin wrote: 5 years ago Kings Stand Aside - she won last year's Appaloosa Debutante by a neck and became my first homebred SC winner. I love this horse, and she has had a very nice year. Coming in 3rd behind Bob Green's Foxy Fire and Lori Hamill's Every Day Jo in the G1 Tulsa Classic Distaff her first time against older mares in week 11.

Whisper to a Purr - She had a nice year and she seem to have the speed, but she missed both the Game Sired Stakes races leading up to the SC. Maybe luck will be on her side. She will need it.

Sera Was Never - Kings Stand Aside's younger sister. She's trying to replicate her sister's win from the year before, as hard as it will be.
My own horse is injured and the last days has been a haze of worry, late nights, early mornings, patient (and the very best!) co-workers and loving friends trying to support best they can. She's going into surgery Friday for one of the best surgeons in Europe. It must go well. Must.

Having said that, I was happy to lay in my bed at 5 AM this morning not being able to sleep, watching my mixers as they went into the gates of their Steward's Cup races and then crossing the finish line safe and sound (almost at the same time, goes fast! )

Kings Stand Aside - wins the Appaloosa Matron and is now a dual Steward's Cup Winner. Beloved binary horse!
Sera was Never - comes in second in the Appaloosa Debutante. I couldn't have asked anything more from her. She did everything she possibly could!
Whisper to a Purr - lands a neck behind Sera. She also did an amazing race!

Congratulations to Ryan Whitehead and Goldie Jo, winner of the Appaloosa Debutante! Daughter of the great mare Betty Jo (sister of the equally great Particolour). There was no catching her today!

Also, Endless Rage! I was so glad to see him do so well, Regina!
Tammy Stawicki
Hall of Fame

Post by Tammy Stawicki »

Congrats Ash! and I hope the surgery goes well for your horse.

I learned that the downside of having a bunch of horses you're really excited about going into the steward's cup is that it stings when all but one finishes 3rd from last. That will teach me to brag about my horses before a race. Next year I am going to talk about how they are all nags that can't hit the board and maybe things will go better for me.
Turf Miler studs
Hempstead
Nonego
Omnsicience

Paint Sprinter studs
Jersey
Lecythus*

Paint Mid studs
Corona Wagon Train*
Jacinth
Komati*
Livewires Turnpike*

Discounts for stakes winners/producers
* = multidistance potential
Ash Tarasin
Eclipse Champion

Post by Ash Tarasin »

Thank you, Tammy.

I like reading about all horses everyone's hopeful for, and I never see it as bragging. Many times it's about breeds and distances I'm not familiar with too. Please do it again next year.
Fanta Arcadia
Eclipse Champion

Post by Fanta Arcadia »

Without a doubt, Deroyal Platinum is the greatest mixer I've ever bred.

Congratulations to all of last night's winners!
Superbia --> SC Winning Stud from the My Heart of Hearts dynasty --> 40,000 fee
Quetzalcoatl --> G1 winner, Son of SC winner Luxuria, 20,000 fee
Filled With Pride --> G1 winner, Son of SC winner Superbia, 20,000 fee