Inevitable gallop cryfest

Forum rules
Do not to post anything abusive, obscene, vulgar, slanderous, hateful, threatening, or sexually-orientated.
Do not post anything negative about any player.
No advertising other games.
The management reserves the right to delete or lock threads and messages at any time.
Read the complete SIM rules and legal information.
Amy Bahama
Grade 2 Winner

Inevitable gallop cryfest

Post by Amy Bahama »

I’ll start.....nothing but blue hen mares in A crosses, average of 2 to 5 freaks every season...last year I had 9....this year.......zero. The two years I really start to break back out in the game with awesome stallions and nice runners, we get everything fiddled with so that my stallions become very limited and now zero decent foals in a breeding program I’ve sculpted down to a top notch foundation. What the heck is going on? Whoever is crying and whining for all these changes is a pain in the ass. Can’t you all just be happy and play the game instead of trying to cheat the process or whine about how unfair it is? I say that sarcastically as I am of course whining right now. This is totally brutal though, seriously and for what?
Iron City Louisiana

Home to many quality stallions to meet all your racing needs for a reasonable fee.
Garret Folsom
Hall of Fame

Re: Inevitable gallop cryfest

Post by Garret Folsom »

I'm going to try to not whine. I'm happy that I picked up 2 Freaks and 7 Stakes mixers. Last year it was 5 and 11. Percentage wise, my Freaks dropped by 1.12% and Stakes dropped by 1.67%.
Amy Bahama
Grade 2 Winner

Post by Amy Bahama »

Yay for you. What is the percentage drop in 9 to 0?
Iron City Louisiana

Home to many quality stallions to meet all your racing needs for a reasonable fee.
Tammy Stawicki
Hall of Fame

Post by Tammy Stawicki »

You have the same number of "decent" foals as you would have had before the changes as their actual ability hasn't been changed. All that is changed is the gallop comments. I don't know what good a bunch of high gallop comments does if the horses never are able to live up to them on the track. Gallop comments are supposed to give us a gauge of a horse's ability so shouldn't we want them to be accurate? This horse was a stakes galloper under the old system. It took her 5 attempts and a drop into claimers to break her maiden. Two out of her 3 wins were in claimers and her only stakes race was an 8th place finish. Was it really better that she be called a "stakes" galloper than something more accurate to her ability?
Turf Miler studs
Hempstead
Nonego
Omnsicience

Paint Sprinter studs
Jersey
Lecythus*

Paint Mid studs
Corona Wagon Train*
Jacinth
Komati*
Livewires Turnpike*

Discounts for stakes winners/producers
* = multidistance potential
Amy Bahama
Grade 2 Winner

Post by Amy Bahama »

I don’t know about your barn, but my freaks and stakes had a rocking year. Just let this be the belly aching thread, no need for diatribes on how wonderful and amazing these changes are. Sometimes people just want to vent and don’t need the steward protection squad on their case.
Iron City Louisiana

Lisa Bennert
Turf Router

Post by Lisa Bennert »

I didn't get any freaks with my Appys, Arabians and Paints either (though my breeding operation is far from top notch, so not sure how that compares). I think I have around 20% stakes horses with them now and after regalloping some active runners I think I'll do fine with them next year (low standards, I guess)

I'm just confused about my Standardbreds- the Steward's notice says that all non-thoroughbred horses have been updated but from my 2 year olds none have changed (the other breeds all dropped down) and my yearling gallop results there seem a bit too good to be true, too :D Did anyone else notice this, too?
Laura Ferguson
Hall of Fame

Post by Laura Ferguson »

I went from six QH freaks last year to zero this in this year's crop, since we're compiling numbers. Like you, Lisa, I noticed no real difference in the standardbreds - I had a comparable number of freaks between last year's yearling crop and this year's.

Updated: galloped the other mixers and had a similar drop off, no freaks in any of the divisions last year. Not sure how helpful this adjustment is if you go from having everyone being a freak to no one being a freak. It's much more helpful if the cream stay freak, and the rest go down to stakes. But, this is a small sample, and maybe some of the other mixer breeders will have freaks in the non-standardbred divisions.

I will also note that I haven't regalloped my 2yos to see how many of them lost their freak status, mainly because after seeing how the yearlings did (I was thinking more from six to one or two, not six to zero), I don't really want to know.
Last edited by Laura Ferguson 5 years ago, edited 1 time in total.
Alleyne Torres
Grade 3 Winner

Post by Alleyne Torres »

I had about ten 2yo freaks- I knew there was some inflation going on but it still hurts. One 2yo freak left. I guess it's better than being disappointed when they race? Already spent the GPs on equipment, trained them separate all last year. And only 1 freak yearling bred by myself.

Honestly glad the gallops were adjusted, but still feels like trying to hold sand and having it slip through your fingers.

edit: 10+ 3yo freaks all stakes now.
Paint Stallions Standing. Horses for Sale. Feel free to PM me about gallop/bs/foal comments of my sale horses.
Jennifer Blake
Classic Contender

Post by Jennifer Blake »

I galloped all my training and racing horses. I now have zero freaks. I used to have 8 now zero. I’m just gonna go cry in the corner now. 👎🏻😭☠️😭😭😭💔💔💔💔💔💔

Nothing galloped over allowance this year for me as far as mixers. I’ve been breeding only mixers (for the most part) since the beginning of my SIM career. I could never breed a TB stakes to save my life, this year I bred 5 TB stakes and zero Stakes mixers.
Amy Bahama
Grade 2 Winner

Post by Amy Bahama »

I am just going to chalk it up to another off year on the books of a long sullied career of them. It is pointless to continue to bawl baby about it, but I had to get it out of my system.
Iron City Louisiana

Kenneth Prater
Listed Stakes Winner

Post by Kenneth Prater »

Amy Bahama wrote: 5 years ago I am just going to chalk it up to another off year on the books of a long sullied career of them. It is pointless to continue to bawl baby about it, but I had to get it out of my system.
The gallop change was the same for everyone. Just because you didn't get any freaks doesn't mean you won't get stakes winners out of your yearling crop. It is not the end of the world.
Amy Bahama
Grade 2 Winner

Post by Amy Bahama »

LOL I know it isn't, but I'm past the point of finding stakes gallops acceptable when I purposely breed nothing but blue hen mostly stakes winning mares with A and above nicks You play your way, I'll play mine and pout as I wish :). Good luck this year.
Iron City Louisiana

Amy Bahama
Grade 2 Winner

Post by Amy Bahama »

Just FYI, 9 freaks in my 2 YO crop - Regalloped - 3 left as freaks LOL. Got to love it.
Iron City Louisiana

The Steward
Hall of Fame

Post by The Steward »

Amy Bahama wrote: 5 years ago Just FYI, 9 freaks in my 2 YO crop - Regalloped - 3 left as freaks LOL. Got to love it.
This I think is perfect.
"There's no secret to training a good horse. It's a matter of being fortunate enough to get one."
"Funny how you often regret the stuff you didn't do more than the stuff you did do" - GG
Polk Buffalo
Grade 1 Winner

Post by Polk Buffalo »

I was happy with 5 arab freaks last year and was hoping to improve. No arab freaks this year :(
But a new track! I am happy again...
I like this change. When I finally get a freak again, I know that it will be really competitive.

Wait! This was a whining thread.. no freaks except STBP. Boohoo :(
Polk Buffalo Stallions
Yoboki Arabian Router 40k
Blue Daub Adee Appy Mid 20k

and many more...