Screwy workout times

Forum rules
Do not to post anything abusive, obscene, vulgar, slanderous, hateful, threatening, or sexually-orientated.
Do not post anything negative about any player.
No advertising other games.
The management reserves the right to delete or lock threads and messages at any time.
Read the complete SIM rules and legal information.
Ken Lind
Sprinter

Screwy workout times

Post by Ken Lind »

Is it my imagination or are the workout times for mid & route mixers completely screwed up. Not just this year, this has been going on for years. I consistently get solids & productives time faster than stakes gallopers. There seems to be absolutely no correlation between gallop comments and workout times. And, yes, this is with all correct equipment. Sprinter times have a direct correlation to gallop comments as one would expect but the rest are just random. It's gotten to the point where I pay no attention to times for mids and routes. I've been hesitant to mention this in the past hoping that it would get fixed.
J.r. Lewis
Grade 3 Winner

Re: Screwy workout times

Post by J.r. Lewis »

I hadn't really noticed it before so I just checked some 2yo appy routers and they seem fine to me. Times correlated directly to the gallop. I did 2 of each gallop, stakes thru different career.
Tammy Stawicki
Hall of Fame

Post by Tammy Stawicki »

I ran through my yearlings and 2yos. So admittedly these are small numbers (12 horses total) but it seems like on average things make sense but there are individuals that are a little wonky

Freak 1 horse 18.07
Stakes 3 horses, range 17.94 - 18.35, average 18.14
Allowance 4 horses, range 18.08 - 18.27, average 18.21
Productive, 3 horses, range 18.17 - 18.36, average 18.24
Solid, 1 horse 18.25
Turf Miler studs
Hempstead
Nonego
Omnsicience

Paint Sprinter studs
Jersey
Lecythus*

Paint Mid studs
Corona Wagon Train*
Jacinth
Komati*
Livewires Turnpike*

Discounts for stakes winners/producers
* = multidistance potential
Mr. Lord Rich
Hall of Fame

Post by Mr. Lord Rich »

Mid and route times are always out of whack. Always have been. No fix in sight from my understanding.
A CAVAL DONATO NON SI GUARDA IN BOCCA
Tom Lin
Grade 1 Winner

Post by Tom Lin »

With routers I think some of it can be attributed to that some sires tend to produce slower workers and some sires faster workers. For example it has been my experience that GP sires and GP line sires tend to work faster, especially multi distance sires like Heza Dasha Fire, Rios Dominoe, All Night High(SIM$)
Ken Lind
Sprinter

Post by Ken Lind »

Pete Vella wrote: 5 years ago Mid and route times are always out of whack. Always have been. No fix in sight from my understanding.
This is what I thought.
Jo Ferris
Hall of Fame

Post by Jo Ferris »

It's always been that way, for the most part it's not too bad, just an occasional super fast low comment horse and a slow high rated horse. I know I had a mare that produced the slowest workers EVER, her daughters did the same so now it's a whole line in my barn of slow workouts (like the fastest are 18.80 for 350yds for mid paint). But they still turned out to be good runners, respectable to their gallop comments, stakes ran like stakes, freaks ran like they should. Good thing races aren't in the morning though with those ones...
Arabian:
Money Run Low - 7.5k
Cass Ole - 5k
Mugello - 5k
All I'll Praise - 5k
Zandvoort - 10k

Paint:
Toby Flenderson - 15k
One In The Woods - 5k
We Can Be Heros - 5k
FLD Eclipse - 3.5k
Scooter - 3.5k
Ken Lind
Sprinter

Post by Ken Lind »

Jo Ferris wrote: 5 years ago It's always been that way, for the most part it's not too bad, just an occasional super fast low comment horse and a slow high rated horse. I know I had a mare that produced the slowest workers EVER, her daughters did the same so now it's a whole line in my barn of slow workouts (like the fastest are 18.80 for 350yds for mid paint). But they still turned out to be good runners, respectable to their gallop comments, stakes ran like stakes, freaks ran like they should. Good thing races aren't in the morning though with those ones...
I've also found this to be true. Despite the screwy workout times they do perform in accordance with their gallop comments. I just tend to ignore the w/o times.
Mr. Lord Rich
Hall of Fame

Post by Mr. Lord Rich »

Only workout times that matter for Qh is 100, 220 and 300.
The others are full of false and misleading info especially when sprinters are working at 400 and 870
Last edited by Mr. Lord Rich 5 years ago, edited 1 time in total.
Laura Smith
Hall of Fame

Post by Laura Smith »

Same here. For the mixers, I use them solely to determine equips.
LONG OVERDUE FARM: Keepin' it Canada since Year 16.
Stallions to meet your every need. As long as you need a turf sprinter.
Ken Lind
Sprinter

Post by Ken Lind »

Wow....this is still WAY messed up regardless of what anyone says. As an example I just had a paint route stakes galloper with correct equipment run over a half second slower than a paint sprint solid galloper with no equipment. Both at 350 yards.

It would sure be nice if this was fixed!
Mr. Lord Rich
Hall of Fame

Post by Mr. Lord Rich »

Ken, the sprinter will always run faster at 350 yards even if a claimer sprinter vs a freak router.

If they made timed works at 1600 yards you might start to see a difference, (just guessing on this one).

Poss the steward can chime in
Tammy Stawicki
Hall of Fame

Post by Tammy Stawicki »

Pete Vella wrote: 4 years ago Ken, the sprinter will always run faster at 350 yards even if a claimer sprinter vs a freak router.

If they made timed works at 1600 yards you might start to see a difference, (just guessing on this one).

Poss the steward can chime in
Along those lines sires that can sire sprinters seem to have faster working offsprings than router/middle distance specific sire. So even now that we can sort rankings by horse type knowing the fastest middle-distance workers still isn't that informative. Don't know if there will ever be an easy fix given that sprinters are going to be faster than routers and given that race distances are so close together you can't really have dramatically different workout distances to pull about horse types.
Turf Miler studs
Hempstead
Nonego
Omnsicience

Paint Sprinter studs
Jersey
Lecythus*

Paint Mid studs
Corona Wagon Train*
Jacinth
Komati*
Livewires Turnpike*