Eek!

Forum rules
Do not to post anything abusive, obscene, vulgar, slanderous, hateful, threatening, or sexually-orientated.
Do not post anything negative about any player.
No advertising other games.
The management reserves the right to delete or lock threads and messages at any time.
Read the complete SIM rules and legal information.
Erica Olson
Listed Stakes Winner

Eek!

Post by Erica Olson »

Not "Eek" the QH stallion, but "Eek! I've already spent $2.9 million on stud fees and races haven't even opened yet!" At least all my mares are bred. (Except I just realized I was going to go through and retire/bloodstock agent younger fillies who haven't raced well...).

Last year I spent less than $1 million on breeding. My number of foals is roughly the same (88), but I've switched to a system where I only breed the best mares - anything less than Star gets pensioned (except for a few favorite formidables) - and I spare no expense in getting them the best stallions. For example, a lot of that $2.9 mil is from breeding to $100,000 Devon Castle.

I've also barely used my own stallions since I've relied on them a lot over the past several years and I've already bred most of my mares to them before.

So we'll see how this new breeding system pans out. I'll probably still have my fair share of poor gallops but I'm hoping to make up for it with a few spectacular freaks.
Pacer Studs:
Highland Billy - 15K
Stars Burning - 8K

Trotter Studs:
Viceroy - 5K
Jo Ferris
Hall of Fame

Re: Eek!

Post by Jo Ferris »

WOW!!! Out of curiosity I went though my financial summary and found the most I've ever spent on stud fees in one year was just shy of 2.2M which consisted of 187 foals (now 6yos). After that one my stud fee spending went down drastically, I usually average $1-1.5M.
Arabian:
Money Run Low - 7.5k
Cass Ole - 5k
Mugello - 5k
All I'll Praise - 5k
Zandvoort - 10k

Paint:
Toby Flenderson - 15k
One In The Woods - 5k
We Can Be Heros - 5k
FLD Eclipse - 3.5k
Scooter - 3.5k