HOF voting question

Forum rules
Do not to post anything abusive, obscene, vulgar, slanderous, hateful, threatening, or sexually-orientated.
Do not post anything negative about any player.
No advertising other games.
The management reserves the right to delete or lock threads and messages at any time.
Read the complete SIM rules and legal information.
Leigh Ann Anderson
Hall of Fame

HOF voting question

Post by Leigh Ann Anderson »

So, I hate to be the one with sour grapes, but (and not to disparage the two Apps who are newly minted HOFers) how did Tanis not get elected?

Tanis: 23:18-3-1, won the Simmy for 2 YO, Simmy 3 YO, Simmy older female. Won the SC three years, 3rd in a 4th SC before retiring. Winner of 14 stakes races (excluding SC wins, total of 17 stakes wins), undefeated in her first 9 starts.

Dragonfire: 18:4-6-6, no Simmys. One SC win, one 4th place finish. Winner of 3 stakes wins, including his SC win.

Gambling for Guns 19:11-4-7, one Simmy for older HOY. Zero SC wins (twice second, one third place finish). Nine stakes wins.

Just wondering why the votes went the way they did. No, Tanis never reproduced herself, but the HOF is for a racing career, not accomplishments after retiring from the track, or at least that is my understanding of how the process works. Otherwise, how would a gelding ever get nominated or elected.

Again, I'll reiterate, I'm pleased for the new HOF winners, and especially their connections, but c'mon people. If you are going to vote, look at the records.
Windborn turf router $20000; Nite Skyturf router $18000; Black Tears turf router $5,000; Dream Goodnite turf router $5000; Accend turf router $5000; Independence Hall dirt miler $40000
The Steward
Hall of Fame

Re: HOF voting question

Post by The Steward »

It gets worse..... Tanis had the least votes of all!

I don't know why people vote the way they do, see Happy Snowman thread in another forum.... agree he should have gotten in as a slam dunk!
"There's no secret to training a good horse. It's a matter of being fortunate enough to get one."
"Funny how you often regret the stuff you didn't do more than the stuff you did do" - GG
Kenneth Prater
Listed Stakes Winner

Post by Kenneth Prater »

I think a lot of people just vote for who they are more familiar with or like someone else said, use a dart board.
Dylan Christensen
Hall of Fame

Post by Dylan Christensen »

Piggy backing on this thread, how did Stars Go Blue not get in?
Stars Go Blue-4 HotY awards, 3 Steward’s Cup wins, 6 graded stakes scores, 3 stakes winning progeny, and still has some nice grandchildren.
Boone deserved it but Italy didn’t seem more deserving to me.
yeah
Mr. Lord Rich
Hall of Fame

Post by Mr. Lord Rich »

Same way cumberbatch gets in for pacers with 3 total career wins out of 17 tries. Cumberbatch was known as a slide stud and one of the best ever.
Sim voting makes no sense. I learned this a long time who.
A CAVAL DONATO NON SI GUARDA IN BOCCA
Rochelle Bos
Hall of Fame

Post by Rochelle Bos »

I agree with Kenneth, I am sure it has a lot to do with names that people are familiar with. I hate to say that stallions are more recognized, but with them pumping out up to 150 foals a year people recognize "big" names.

So I'm sure it has nothing to do with her achievements, or her as a horse, just the fact that her name is less known. I would have loved if you had posted about her achievements when voting was open! She would have likely gotten my vote :)
KINGSWOOD
Pensioner Program
• Pension your 2yo or older horse
• Ship your horse to any Kingswood Location
• Sell your horse to Rochelle Bos for $0

Comparison is the thief of joy - Theodore Roosevelt
Jo Ferris
Hall of Fame

Post by Jo Ferris »

Dylan Christensen wrote: 5 years ago Piggy backing on this thread, how did Stars Go Blue not get in?
Stars Go Blue-4 HotY awards, 3 Steward’s Cup wins, 6 graded stakes scores, 3 stakes winning progeny, and still has some nice grandchildren.
Boone deserved it but Italy didn’t seem more deserving to me.
It's a tough one, Stars Go Blue is a great mare both on and of the track, Italy was also great, to lose only 1 race is always a great feat at that level. But, my guess is, is Italy got in because he was such a good stallion, 3 millionaires and 103 stakes winners, that's a lot of happy owners, where as a mare, that's just a couple happy owners. Usually the mares that get in are those that were good racers, but produced great stallions, that gets people to look at them. Personally, I voted for Boone (shocking, I know)
Arabian:
Money Run Low - 7.5k
Cass Ole - 5k
Mugello - 5k
All I'll Praise - 5k
Zandvoort - 10k

Paint:
Toby Flenderson - 15k
One In The Woods - 5k
We Can Be Heros - 5k
FLD Eclipse - 3.5k
Scooter - 3.5k
Lori Hamill
Hall of Fame

Post by Lori Hamill »

Sometimes I will vote for a horse that I feel should have already been in. There might be horses with more achievements now but at the time that that horse raced they were at the top.

I also agree that stallions get chosen over mares most of the time just through name recognition if nothing else.
¯\_(ツ)_/¯
The Steward
Hall of Fame

Post by The Steward »

Lori Hamill wrote: 5 years ago Sometimes I will vote for a horse that I feel should have already been in. There might be horses with more achievements now but at the time that that horse raced they were at the top.
I do this!
"There's no secret to training a good horse. It's a matter of being fortunate enough to get one."
"Funny how you often regret the stuff you didn't do more than the stuff you did do" - GG
Leigh Ann Anderson
Hall of Fame

Post by Leigh Ann Anderson »

The Steward wrote: 5 years ago It gets worse..... Tanis had the least votes of all!

I don't know why people vote the way they do, see Happy Snowman thread in another forum.... agree he should have gotten in as a slam dunk!
It's nice to know Tanis isn't alone in being ignored. Still, it's sad to me that people don't take the time to look through the nominees before casting their vote. There are a ton of categories I don't vote for each time, because I don't have the time to look through all the nominees, so I pick and choose.

Oh well, not a world changing event, but still disappointing.
Windborn turf router $20000; Nite Skyturf router $18000; Black Tears turf router $5,000; Dream Goodnite turf router $5000; Accend turf router $5000; Independence Hall dirt miler $40000
Amy Bahama
Grade 2 Winner

Post by Amy Bahama »

HOF voting is the most disheartening time of the sim year....period. lol. I am right there with you, Leigh Ann.
Iron City Louisiana

Home to many quality stallions to meet all your racing needs for a reasonable fee.