Most American

Forum rules
Do not to post anything abusive, obscene, vulgar, slanderous, hateful, threatening, or sexually-orientated.
Do not post anything negative about any player.
No advertising other games.
The management reserves the right to delete or lock threads and messages at any time.
Read the complete SIM rules and legal information.
Polk Buffalo
Grade 1 Winner

Most American

Post by Polk Buffalo »

This is the story of my first most american campaign..

I started playing at the end of Y47. Big focus was on winning the stewards cup..
It was not until the end of year 51 that I started studying what "most american nomination" really was. I had noticed that there had been some QH races at the beginning of the season that I always missed. I decided to nominate all my QH stakes yearlings. I had only five of them. 25k for learning.

I soon learnt that 2 of them were routers and 2 of them were sprinters and that this was only races for QH mid horses.
I forgot about entering during W1D3...
I enter them all for rainstorm futurity trials W5D3. (I soon realized that none of my sprinters or routers had much midpotential)
I also entered my female stakes mid horse to the rainstorm futurity, realizing that there was no female category and all the others were male. I gave her a goat to have a fair chance as well.
I hoped that she could at least squeeze into the top four in one of the qualifiers..

She did qualify and got a nice 4th spot in the rainstorm futurity. I was very happy with that price check.

Next up, the 1.5 million race Most American Futurity!
I entered her in one of the four qualifiers.
Reading the starting list I realilized the the top 3 finishers of Rainstorm futurity also had picked the same qualifier! Why?
My chances of reaching one of the qualifying spots was now tougher..

She won the qualifier!!
I was really happy. Also getting a fourth spot in the big race. More than 100k from one single race. Wow!
And all the others were colts.. My mind started thinking about the stewards cup..

Running second in the California Juvenile, hoping that the stewards cup would be muddy, my fillys preferred surface.

No, Steward Cup was a firm track too..
My contestant is still "only" a stakes galloper. I guess some players campaigned their female superfreaks elsewhere?
Comparing the speed figures in the starting field didnt really make my horse a favorite. I tried to behave and keep my expectations at a proper level.
I had trouble falling asleep and set the alarm at 5 am. (Racing time for us here in Sweden)

Checked the race at normal speed...
My horse had an awkward start.
Halfway through the race it didnt look exellent. But she managed to pull it off!
My first Stewards Cup Win!

And she got nominated as the best QH Juvenile filly!
https://www.simhorseracing.com/horse.ph ... ID=1028495

Most american was fun! I found it a bit tricky to find out what most amercican was. Now I know. I recommend it!
Polk Buffalo Stallions
Yoboki Arabian Router 40k
Blue Daub Adee Appy Mid 20k

and many more...
Mr. Lord Rich
Hall of Fame

Re: Most American

Post by Mr. Lord Rich »

Congrats Polkon the SC win and title, nice little filly :)

Also just so you know, no one really has a super freaks anymore and if they do it’s rare.

All mine last season on the track were stakes as well.
A CAVAL DONATO NON SI GUARDA IN BOCCA
Lori Hamill
Hall of Fame

Re: Most American

Post by Lori Hamill »

Congrats, Polk! What a nice filly, hope she continues to do well for you! Love her name! :)
¯\_(ツ)_/¯