Mixer Simmys

Forum rules
Do not to post anything abusive, obscene, vulgar, slanderous, hateful, threatening, or sexually-orientated.
Do not post anything negative about any player.
No advertising other games.
The management reserves the right to delete or lock threads and messages at any time.
Read the complete SIM rules and legal information.
Amy Bahama
Grade 2 Winner

Mixer Simmys

Post by Amy Bahama »

Have the Mixer Simmys been posted already? I thought Buljoos would have been a shoe in last year with her wins. Guess not if they have been posted.
Iron City Louisiana

Home to many quality stallions to meet all your racing needs for a reasonable fee.
Glenn Larson
Listed Stakes Winner

Re: Mixer Simmys

Post by Glenn Larson »

Tough competition. The horse that did win was undefeated with 3 Gr1 wins
Glenn Larson
Stallion Rosters

Thoroughbred Stallions

Mixer Stallions
Laura Smith
Hall of Fame

Post by Laura Smith »

Sorry, Amy. It was real tough between the two of them. I very nearly voted for your mare myself.

Maybe we should have a match race at 650?! Heheh. I have a feeling I wouldn't come out on the right end of that, but I'd be up for it! I need to sponsor something W3 anyway... ;)
LONG OVERDUE FARM: Keepin' it Canada since Year 16.
Stallions to meet your every need. As long as you need a turf sprinter.
Amy Bahama
Grade 2 Winner

Post by Amy Bahama »

Laura Smith wrote: 4 years ago Sorry, Amy. It was real tough between the two of them. I very nearly voted for your mare myself.

Maybe we should have a match race at 650?! Heheh. I have a feeling I wouldn't come out on the right end of that, but I'd be up for it! I need to sponsor something W3 anyway... ;)
No sour grapes here, Laura. I just didn't know if they had been posted yet. I honestly didn't look at the other horses on the ballot. I just figured 2 G1s, one being an SC and the other against the boys would be a shoe in. Apparently, I was naively wrong lol.

Nice filly! I doubt Buljoos could make 650 yards. She was too much fun to race so I am keeping her going next year, but probably won't stray much from her comfort zone of 400yds. Couldn't find a stud worthy that wasn't booked up last year any way. Foal limits are a pain in the *.
Iron City Louisiana

Home to many quality stallions to meet all your racing needs for a reasonable fee.
Polk Buffalo
Grade 1 Winner

Post by Polk Buffalo »

Just out of curiosity.. What is it that people vote for in these competitions? Is it racerecord (undefeated), most earnings, best speed figures, nicest headshot, or a mix of the above?
I already know the answer sort of, it is up to every voter to decide, but it is still interesting to know what merits that "count" when people vote.
I guess I go for a mix of the above but tend to merit total earnings as a main factor.
Polk Buffalo Stallions
Yoboki Arabian Router 40k
Blue Daub Adee Appy Mid 20k

and many more...
Laura Smith
Hall of Fame

Post by Laura Smith »

G1 wins, dominance, and quality of competition faced. I hope people don't vote based on headshots...
LONG OVERDUE FARM: Keepin' it Canada since Year 16.
Stallions to meet your every need. As long as you need a turf sprinter.
Lori Hamill
Hall of Fame

Post by Lori Hamill »

Polk Buffalo wrote: 4 years ago Just out of curiosity.. What is it that people vote for in these competitions? Is it racerecord (undefeated), most earnings, best speed figures, nicest headshot, or a mix of the above?
I already know the answer sort of, it is up to every voter to decide, but it is still interesting to know what merits that "count" when people vote.
I guess I go for a mix of the above but tend to merit total earnings as a main factor.
I usually start with Grade 1 wins, then any graded wins, then competition level. If they are really close I might start looking at speed figures, length of victory - there were a few this year I really had a tough time choosing between two.
¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Nena Olson
Hall of Fame

Post by Nena Olson »

Both are very nice fillies! I usually go for G1 wins first (check if they won the SC race of their division and then additional G1 wins), then I check to see graded stakes, then listed stakes and last if it was open or not.
✧.* SIM Artist ੈ✩‧₊˚
Leigh Ann Anderson
Hall of Fame

Post by Leigh Ann Anderson »

Poor Tanis, didn’t get elected last year and isn’t even on the ballot this year. Sadness
Windborn turf router $20000; Nite Skyturf router $18000; Black Tears turf router $5,000; Dream Goodnite turf router $5000; Accend turf router $5000; Independence Hall dirt miler $40000
The Steward
Hall of Fame

Post by The Steward »

Leigh Ann Anderson wrote: 4 years ago Poor Tanis, didn’t get elected last year and isn’t even on the ballot this year. Sadness
The lowest vote getters all got the boot. Clearly people do not appreciate the greatness of Tanis. They are wrong, she rocked ;-)
"There's no secret to training a good horse. It's a matter of being fortunate enough to get one."
"Funny how you often regret the stuff you didn't do more than the stuff you did do" - GG
Leigh Ann Anderson
Hall of Fame

Post by Leigh Ann Anderson »

The Steward wrote: 4 years ago
Leigh Ann Anderson wrote: 4 years ago Poor Tanis, didn’t get elected last year and isn’t even on the ballot this year. Sadness
The lowest vote getters all got the boot. Clearly people do not appreciate the greatness of Tanis. They are wrong, she rocked ;-)
Well double boo. She was great, even if I wasn’t her owner breeder I would think so.

And, a friendly reminder for the voters- HOF is about race record and track accomplishments, not how good a sire/dam they ended up being.
Windborn turf router $20000; Nite Skyturf router $18000; Black Tears turf router $5,000; Dream Goodnite turf router $5000; Accend turf router $5000; Independence Hall dirt miler $40000
Randall Allen
Grade 1 Winner

Post by Randall Allen »

To be honest: this Tanis talk feels like deja Vu...I thought Tanis was great, but we all remember this same topic from last Sim year. Just saying.