Thoughts on gallops, etc.

Forum rules
Do not to post anything abusive, obscene, vulgar, slanderous, hateful, threatening, or sexually-orientated.
Do not post anything negative about any player.
No advertising other games.
The management reserves the right to delete or lock threads and messages at any time.
Read the complete SIM rules and legal information.
Tom Lin
Grade 1 Winner

Re: Thoughts on gallops, etc.

Post by Tom Lin »

Gallop comments are only a starting point. You are correct Brad it is what they do on the track that matters most. For reference sake, there are probably at least a 100+ freak trotters foaled every year, so you can see when the horses make their way through the conditions the concentration of "better" horses becomes greater, which is why stakes and even freaks eventually end up in claimers.
Andrea Bouwkamp
Eclipse Champion

Post by Andrea Bouwkamp »

Brad Fabman wrote: 4 years ago I am finding that gallops really don't mean anything. I have two freaks I have somehow purchased along the way. They are nothing special by any means. I have a pretty good amount of stakes gallopers that can't win claimers, even at the lowest levels. I don't get too excited at gallops anymore. It only matter what they do on the track. And in my barn, that's not much. Sadly...
I am with you here. I am starting to gift away unproductive horses right now. I have got to get rid of the boarding expenses PRONTO. lol
Before the sim changes, I used to send to GP but it’s now too expensive to do that.
Andrea Bouwkamp
Eclipse Champion

I am more than willing to give away formidable broodmares too. If anyone is interested, PM me and they are yours.
ANY breed too. :D
Sten Rino Haakonsen
Eclipse Champion

Post by Sten Rino Haakonsen »

I Have bunch of freaks in trotters/pacers now but they very few of them are competitive but I still keep trying In hopes that maybe some day
yeah I am a dreamer hahaha

I would probably pick up anything in pacer/trotters mares that are star or better and also freak runners cos as it is now anything below freaks doesnt seem to do much to be honest
Probably would pick up any other thing as else as well fordmidable or better mares in tb and other mixer classes can go even lower if well bred
and anything productive and up racers in tb and other mixer classes
Polk Buffalo
Grade 1 Winner

Post by Polk Buffalo »

I had 5 arab freaks before the change. Only one of them stayed a freak after the change.
As for appys and paints and even QH I find that my stakes gallopers are really competitive.
https://www.simhorseracing.com/horse.ph ... ID=1028495 won the SC being a stakes.
https://www.simhorseracing.com/horse.ph ... ID=1066260 is also a stakes.

As for arabs I am very curious to see how my freaks will do in Y54 and Y55 when they turn 3...
I have no 3 year old arab freaks this year but the stakes are still doing pretty well...
Polk Buffalo Stallions
Yoboki Arabian Router 40k
Blue Daub Adee Appy Mid 20k

and many more...
Lee Tuttle
Miler

Post by Lee Tuttle »

I've had a few nice mixer stakes wins with some stakes galloping youngsters this season. Even won a G1 with a Cabela Seven stakes foal. Which was a goal of mine since I owned him at one point & as far as I know he has zero freak foals.
I feel like Cabela Seven is one of those guys that took the hardest hit in the mixer adjustment a couple seasons back.

My Arab Route broodmare barn is pretty strong. I try to weed out the mares that don't hypo A+.
This is pretty much the only area of the game that gives me cause to keep logging in lol.
I had 6 or so freak DR Arabs in my current 2yo crop and a few stakes. I gave a couple away to try and help out a fellow player...then they resold them.
4 in my 1yo crop are freak and a few stakes guys, numbers regressed partially due to missing half of last season and not getting everything bred.
With J.R. taking some time and not having BDA up, I've had to seek out other studs that hypo A+ with my mares, fortunately we have a wide selection of studs that do that.
And standardbreds... just rediculous. The good studs are priced at the DR thoro level, while the Freak foal population is way too high. I have to talk myself into breeding a star or freak standardbred broodmare. The cost v likely return with even a freak is just not worth it atm for me. If there was ever a group that needed a "tweak" its the standardbreds.
Lee Tuttle
Miler

Post by Lee Tuttle »

https://www.simhorseracing.com/horse.ph ... ID=1058718

I have throw some love Cabela Sevens way. My only G1 win. Won a G3 the same day with another homebred. Both were my first graded stakes victories. It goes without saying that I was riding a high after those results.
Maybe putting this out there will revive some interest in C7, he throws some good runners.
Louise Bayou
Hall of Fame

Post by Louise Bayou »

Andrea Bouwkamp wrote: 4 years ago
Brad Fabman wrote: 4 years ago I am finding that gallops really don't mean anything. I have two freaks I have somehow purchased along the way. They are nothing special by any means. I have a pretty good amount of stakes gallopers that can't win claimers, even at the lowest levels. I don't get too excited at gallops anymore. It only matter what they do on the track. And in my barn, that's not much. Sadly...
I am with you here. I am starting to gift away unproductive horses right now. I have got to get rid of the boarding expenses PRONTO. lol
Before the sim changes, I used to send to GP but it’s now too expensive to do that.
So you are "gifting" money suck horses to other people so the horse becomes the next persons issue. Most likely new players who doesn't know any better. Not.Cool.At.All

If you are that hard up ship them to my farm and send them to me and I'll pension them. I'd rather new players not get stuck with a money suck horse on purpose.
“It’s like I’m driving a Mac truck with the speed of a Porsche and the brain of a rocket scientist,” Gary Stevens on Beholder
Andrea Bouwkamp
Eclipse Champion

Louise Bayou wrote: 4 years ago
Andrea Bouwkamp wrote: 4 years ago
So you are "gifting" money suck horses to other people so the horse becomes the next persons issue. Most likely new players who doesn't know any better. Not.Cool.At.All

If you are that hard up ship them to my farm and send them to me and I'll pension them. I'd rather new players not get stuck with a money suck horse on purpose.
You are right. I am not gifting unproductive horses. I actually did give away productive claimers(Stakes in pacing) to a newb who wanted to increase their racing barn and gave away numerous productive mares. In fact, I just spent real money to be able to afford getting rid of my junk. This was a first for me and it sucks. My horses(that are racing) really did degrade badly after the week 9 change. I am going to have to spend real money to almost start over. This is my worst year ever in the game. I hope I can recover.
Amy Bahama
Grade 2 Winner

Post by Amy Bahama »

So the whole I am quitting here are all of my horses thing was a farce? I was waiting for a freak! :).
Iron City Louisiana

Home to many quality stallions to meet all your racing needs for a reasonable fee.
Andrea Bouwkamp
Eclipse Champion

Amy Bahama wrote: 4 years ago So the whole I am quitting here are all of my horses thing was a farce? I was waiting for a freak! :).
Lol. No it wasn’t a farce. I did have a sad freak I was going to give to you but I trained under harness again an they downgraded to an allowance. He is currently entered in a claimer now.
I cleared out most of my SB pacing barn. :(