Golden Memories Yr 53 SC winner

Forum rules
Do not to post anything abusive, obscene, vulgar, slanderous, hateful, threatening, or sexually-orientated.
Do not post anything negative about any player.
No advertising other games.
The management reserves the right to delete or lock threads and messages at any time.
Read the complete SIM rules and legal information.
Stormy Peak
Hall of Fame

Golden Memories Yr 53 SC winner

Post by Stormy Peak »

Out of curiosity, I just now checked Golden Memories' time in the SC Quarter Juvenile Fillies. She did 400 yards in 19:00 This broke the record for that race :D 8-)

The first SC Quarters Juvenile Fillies was ran back in Year 29. The winner was owned by Dan Gordon, and her name was Golden Gal and her time was 19:46

Since then, every year the times became faster and faster. It was Year 34 before the times dropped down out of the 19:30s ranges and into the low 19:20s with the filly Lottery Winner making a large drop in the time...running it at 19:20 compared to the last lowest time of 19:33 that had been posted just the year before. Lottery Winner was owned by Sean Furney

Since then the fillies have become even faster with the time for this race hitting a speedy 19:04 set by Ora Washington in Year 51 -- Ora Washington is owned by Laura Ferguson.

So, I'm very proud of Golden Memories. She's had a good number of goal breaking things she's done for me. My first millionaire 2 year old, she's my first stakes to a freak that I think my barn's ever had, and now I'm pretty sure she's the first horse that I've had that has broken the record in a major race. I hope her 3 year old season turns out just as great.

Oh, I also think it's kind of cool that at least for this year, the first and the last winner of this race both have their names starting with the word 'Golden' :D

Stormy
SIRES: Turf Routers - Each multiple G1 winners

Tuck Everlasting
Fee $30,500

Wolfman Jack
Fee $18,000
Darcy McBride
Hall of Fame

Re: Golden Memories Yr 53 SC winner

Post by Darcy McBride »

Congrats, Stormy. She is a good girl!
DM: AMERICATION MISCHIEF & JAMBOREE
TM: NIGHTWATCH
DS: SINISTER MISTER/THE HELLHOUND/DARKANDSTORMYNIGHT
AWR: TUSCANY GOLD
QH DS: EL RAY SOL
QH DM: MARK ME CHROMED
Stormy Peak
Hall of Fame

Re: Golden Memories Yr 53 SC winner

Post by Stormy Peak »

Thanks Darcy.

I just entered her full sister, Gold Dust Woman, into the trials for the Austin Derby. I hope she ends up doing if not as well as her older sister, at least well enough to earn a good sum of money for me too by the time her career is done. I think the dam of these fillies is utterly amazing so far. : )

Diazepam has only had 3 foals. Her first 2, both fillies, Golden Memories and Gold Dust Woman....are a Freak and a Stakes. The 3rd foal, a yearling colt, galloped as a Productive, I named him The Man In The Suit (after the character Reese from the show Person of Interest). I am hoping he will upgrade to an allowance or stakes by the time he's 2.

I've sent this mare back to the same stallion each time. I might send her to a younger stallion this year. I've had so much success with her and Mark Me Gold though, that it's difficult to not just keep sending her to him. He doesn't have much time left in the breeding shed, and she's only 7, so it's been something I have been debating...stick with what's working or change out and see if another stallion will nick well with her. This is why I like running horses more than I do breeding them...lol.

Stormy
SIRES: Turf Routers - Each multiple G1 winners

Tuck Everlasting
Fee $30,500

Wolfman Jack
Fee $18,000