New gallop comments

Forum rules
Do not to post anything abusive, obscene, vulgar, slanderous, hateful, threatening, or sexually-orientated.
Do not post anything negative about any player.
No advertising other games.
The management reserves the right to delete or lock threads and messages at any time.
Read the complete SIM rules and legal information.
Dylan Christensen
Hall of Fame

New gallop comments

Post by Dylan Christensen »

Is it just me or are these new comments just incredibly weird. Take for example my two horses running in this race, https://www.simhorseracing.com/race.php?RaceID=1426136 the winner is now an Allowance with multiple 92 speed figures whereas the one that lost for me is a Stakes who has barely ran 2 91 speed figures and one was in a claimer. I just don’t get these new comments.
yeah
Dylan Christensen
Hall of Fame

Re: New gallop comments

Emmie Kay wrote: 4 years ago Have a barn full of chasers, and the new comments will make you want to bang your head against a wall. 🙃
Maybe we need to do away with gallop comments lol
yeah
Laura Smith
Hall of Fame

Post by Laura Smith »

It's possible that the two horses you listed are like 0.0001 apart in ability, but one is over the threshold to be "stakes" while the other isn't... and/or one just had a really good day yesterday and the other didn't. It happens. Having an alw that runs a 92 is a good thing. ;)
LONG OVERDUE FARM: Keepin' it Canada since Year 16.
Stallions to meet your every need. As long as you need a turf sprinter.
Laura Ferguson
Hall of Fame

Post by Laura Ferguson »

The horses also might have changed with the new year.
Dylan Christensen
Hall of Fame

Laura Smith wrote: 4 years ago It's possible that the two horses you listed are like 0.0001 apart in ability, but one is over the threshold to be "stakes" while the other isn't... and/or one just had a really good day yesterday and the other didn't. It happens. Having an alw that runs a 92 is a good thing. ;)
Definitely not complaint about the 92 but he has run a 92 on 3 other occasions so that’s why I was like, how the heck is he the allowance here? Haha
yeah
Troy Gallant I
Miler

Post by Troy Gallant I »

Then don't place him in races based on his gallop. Comment be d@mned! :-) If you feel his numbers make him competitive in a listed stake (or higher), then go for it. It won't take long to see if he's improved enough to be competitive there.

To me, gallop comments are only one of the many factors into where we should place our horses. NOTHING in this game is black and white. Em has built the randomness into this game that simulates the real world of horse ownership pretty well I think. I say, embrace it and be flexible. JMHO.
Jo Ferris
Hall of Fame

Post by Jo Ferris »

They are Appys, case closed, lol! But in all seriousness, the Allowance is probably a high end allowance while the stakes is at the lower end of stakes.
Arabian:
Money Run Low - 7.5k
Cass Ole - 5k
Mugello - 5k
All I'll Praise - 5k
Zandvoort - 10k

Paint:
Toby Flenderson - 15k
One In The Woods - 5k
We Can Be Heros - 5k
FLD Eclipse - 3.5k
Scooter - 3.5k