HOF voting

Forum rules
Do not to post anything abusive, obscene, vulgar, slanderous, hateful, threatening, or sexually-orientated.
Do not post anything negative about any player.
No advertising other games.
The management reserves the right to delete or lock threads and messages at any time.
Read the complete SIM rules and legal information.
Leigh Ann Anderson
Hall of Fame

HOF voting

Post by Leigh Ann Anderson »

Since Tanis is once again on the ballot for HOF (thank you) and it was pointed out that people are/were unaware of her awesomeness, I have summed up her fabulous career for the voters.

Tanis (22 YO Appaloosa mare): 23:18-3-1, earned $848,500 on the racetrack. She won the Simmy for 2 YO female, Simmy 3 YO female, and the Simmy older female. Won the SC three years, 3rd in a 4th SC before retiring. Winner of 14 stakes races (excluding SC wins, total of 17 stakes wins), undefeated in her first 9 starts.
Last edited by Leigh Ann Anderson 4 years ago, edited 1 time in total.
Windborn turf router $20000; Nite Skyturf router $18000; Black Tears turf router $5,000; Dream Goodnite turf router $5000; Accend turf router $5000; Independence Hall dirt miler $40000
Lori Hamill
Hall of Fame

Re: HOF voting

Post by Lori Hamill »

Even though my guy Lion's Song was in the same category - I voted for Tanis. She ran at a time when it was so much harder to make the big bucks and she excelled at pretty much everything she took on. Hope she gets in for you this time, Leigh Ann.
¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Leigh Ann Anderson
Hall of Fame

And in an effort to be fair, I will also summarize the racing accomplishments of the other Appaloosa candidates on the HOF ballot for year 54.

Ballyhoo (19 YO Appaloosa stallion): 34: 8-7-10, Earnings: $781,540. Won 1 SC championship, and two additional stakes races (3 total stakes wins).

Beer Luck (19 YOAppaloosa mare): 25: 18-4-2, Earnings: $876,500. Appaloosa Horse of the Year, Appaloosa Champion Older Female, Appaloosa Champion Three Year Old Female, Appaloosa Horse of the Year, Appaloosa Champion Two Year Old Female. Won 3 SC championships, 15 additional stakes wins (total of 18 stakes wins).

Flips and Flops (24 YOAppaloosa stallion) 29: 15-8-2, Earnings: $407,680. Winner of 11 stakes races (no SC wins).

Lion's Song (18 YO Appaloosa Stallion) 18: 13-4-0, Earnings: $866,600. Appaloosa Horse of the Year, Appaloosa Champion Older Male, Appaloosa Champion Three Year Old Male, Appaloosa Horse of the Year, Appaloosa Champion Two Year Old Male. Won 3 SC championships, winner of 9 additional stakes races (total of 12 stakes wins).

Quick Bet (25 YO Appaloosa Stallion) 16: 8-6-0, Earnings: $366,500. Undefeated in first 7 starts, 1 SC win, won 7 additional stakes races (total of 8 stakes wins).

Special Dynamite (17 YO Appaloosa Mare) 26: 20-3-0, Earnings: $1,325,800. Appaloosa Horse of the Year, Appaloosa Champion Older Female, Appaloosa Horse of the Year, Appaloosa Champion Older Female, Appaloosa Champion Three Year Old Female, Appaloosa Champion Two Year Old Female. Won 4 SC championships, won 16 additional stakes races (total of 20 stakes wins).
Windborn turf router $20000; Nite Skyturf router $18000; Black Tears turf router $5,000; Dream Goodnite turf router $5000; Accend turf router $5000; Independence Hall dirt miler $40000
Leigh Ann Anderson
Hall of Fame

Lori Hamill wrote: 4 years ago Even though my guy Lion's Song was in the same category - I voted for Tanis. She ran at a time when it was so much harder to make the big bucks and she excelled at pretty much everything she took on. Hope she gets in for you this time, Leigh Ann.
Thanks Lori. I just want everyone who votes to LOOK at the horses instead of saying "oh I recognize that name." To be honest, Special Dynamite may be the strongest contender IMO, but I do love me some Lion's Song.
Leigh Ann Anderson
Hall of Fame

And a big thank you to everyone who voted for Tanis. I promise I won't harp on another of my horses anytime soon (probably).
Lori Hamill
Hall of Fame

Post by Lori Hamill »

Congrats Leigh Ann, very happy for you and for Tanis!
¯\_(ツ)_/¯