32K Vet Bill For Bandages - Thanks Dr. Hacklu

Forum rules
Do not to post anything abusive, obscene, vulgar, slanderous, hateful, threatening, or sexually-orientated.
Do not post anything negative about any player.
No advertising other games.
The management reserves the right to delete or lock threads and messages at any time.
Read the complete SIM rules and legal information.
Mr. Lord Rich
Hall of Fame

32K Vet Bill For Bandages - Thanks Dr. Hacklu

Post by Mr. Lord Rich »

Sorry to all you folks that need to use the vet, but he will not be coming in to work tomorrow and the next day and possible the rest of the week.
:evil:
A CAVAL DONATO NON SI GUARDA IN BOCCA
Steve Leavitt
Grade 1 Winner

Re: 32K Vet Bill For Bandages - Thanks Dr. Hacklu

Post by Steve Leavitt »

Maybe one of his children will take over for him. All that money just to find out it's down to one of these two things...
Gwayne's World
Eclipse Champion

Post by Gwayne's World »

Q. How do you get Dr. Hacklu off your front porch?

A. Pay him for the pizza!

Times must be tough at the clinic?
Rochelle Bos
Hall of Fame

Post by Rochelle Bos »

My record is 27 vet visits. 😂 at least for me it was tongue tie and not bandages!

My record gallops without getting equip is 38 😂 she still doesn’t have her proper equip. Oh hey! She just had her 6th start yesterday! Blinkers was the answer lol :roll:

Edit: second horse was suppose to be Adorbs, not wonderland again 🙄😂
Last edited by Rochelle Bos 4 years ago, edited 1 time in total.
KINGSWOOD
Pensioner Program
• Pension your 2yo or older horse
• Ship your horse to any Kingswood Location
• Sell your horse to Rochelle Bos for $0

Comparison is the thief of joy - Theodore Roosevelt
Flizan Hambletonian
Turf Router

Post by Flizan Hambletonian »

Jeez. Maybe I should work in the US instead! ;) But on the other hand, then you have to geld stallions for free. At least better than to PAY 1 k to work... lol
Country House Turf Router, AW Router, Steeplechaser
Smoke and Gusto Paint Dirt Router
Flizans Bourbon Steeplechaser
Carole Hanson
Hall of Fame

Post by Carole Hanson »

Rochelle Zahacy wrote: 4 years ago My record is 27 vet visits. 😂 at least for me it was tongue tie and not bandages!

My record gallops without getting equip is 38 😂 she still doesn’t have her proper equip. Oh hey! She just had her 6th start yesterday! Blinkers was the answer lol :roll:
See the vet I always pay up for because you will eventually get it and it will take you anywhere from 2-7 minutes of clicking, but with a gallop piece, this is why I give them workouts with different pieces. It takes 7 or 8 weeks then rather than 6 starts or countless gallops to finally get the equipment right.

Admittedly, there has been one horse ever that my workout method could not pinpoint the correct equipment for but the trainer didn’t want to cough it up either. I eventually asked about it when Em was doing thanksgiving equipment checks for one horse. Bit of a waste because the filly was only a solid and ended up being a ‘some potential’ broodmare but she infuriated me so much that I just had to know.

But of course I’m not telling you how to play Rochelle, if you prefer doing it this way there’s nothing wrong with it! I’m sure it suits your training schedule and methods more as well.
Nena Olson
Hall of Fame

Post by Nena Olson »

Remember when the equipment checker didn't tell you if it was gallop or vet? I spent $110k on Prayers trying to find her second piece... galloped 27 times too. Never got confirmation so I just gave up and went with blinkers LOL
✧.* SIM Artist ੈ✩‧₊˚
Carole Hanson
Hall of Fame

Post by Carole Hanson »

Oh God remember the days when we thought equipment wasn’t that important? And for those of us that believed it made enough of a difference, we had to use the running lines in order to try and figure out which equipment would work best?

The SIM has changed immeasurably in the last 10 real life years!
Rochelle Bos
Hall of Fame

Post by Rochelle Bos »

Carole Hanson wrote: 4 years ago
Rochelle Zahacy wrote: 4 years ago My record is 27 vet visits. 😂 at least for me it was tongue tie and not bandages!

See the vet I always pay up for because you will eventually get it and it will take you anywhere from 2-7 minutes of clicking, but with a gallop piece, this is why I give them workouts with different pieces. It takes 7 or 8 weeks then rather than 6 starts or countless gallops to finally get the equipment right.

Admittedly, there has been one horse ever that my workout method could not pinpoint the correct equipment for but the trainer didn’t want to cough it up either. I eventually asked about it when Em was doing thanksgiving equipment checks for one horse. Bit of a waste because the filly was only a solid and ended up being a ‘some potential’ broodmare but she infuriated me so much that I just had to know.

But of course I’m not telling you how to play Rochelle, if you prefer doing it this way there’s nothing wrong with it! I’m sure it suits your training schedule and methods more as well.
I tried the workout method last year on my yearlings, so many workout times were too close to tell and it was SO much work lol

I’d rather just pay for my stakes+ and zoomy allowance. The rest are unlikely to hit the track at all and it’s easier just to gallop them to keep them fit in the off chance they do improve, and then they get their equipment gets purchased, chances are high that their gallop piece was discovered via training by then too. My horses get galloped every 3-4 days, so twice a week, minus the two weeks for mandatory workouts. So as yearlings they have 28 chances to give it up, 99% of them do if their second piece is from gallops.

In Adorbs‘ case (I realize now that I linked Wonderland twice lol Adorbs is supposed to be the second guilty party) she was a weird anomaly 😂 when she hit the track at 2 she was a stakes late bloomer, she was SUPER meh so I threw her in my custom barn for slackers where she enjoyed many more gallops. This year’s 8.6 change she switched from late bloomer to peak! So I threw her back on the track, even without her second piece because BUTT. And she won twice! Hopefully she can keep it up now having her full equip haha

Note: I just woke up 10 minutes ago, and my Vyvanse hasn’t had a chance to kick in lol so I’m sorry if this is hard to follow/all over the place 😂
KINGSWOOD
Pensioner Program
• Pension your 2yo or older horse
• Ship your horse to any Kingswood Location
• Sell your horse to Rochelle Bos for $0

Comparison is the thief of joy - Theodore Roosevelt
Flizan Hambletonian
Turf Router

Carole Hanson wrote: 4 years ago Oh God remember the days when we thought equipment wasn’t that important? And for those of us that believed it made enough of a difference, we had to use the running lines in order to try and figure out which equipment would work best?

Is it still possible to figure out equipment from running lines? How do you do that? :)
Joe Bengston
Turf Router

Post by Joe Bengston »

Flizan Hambletonian wrote: 4 years ago
Carole Hanson wrote: 4 years ago Oh God remember the days when we thought equipment wasn’t that important? And for those of us that believed it made enough of a difference, we had to use the running lines in order to try and figure out which equipment would work best?

Is it still possible to figure out equipment from running lines? How do you do that? :)
i think it is very possible still though it does require guess work. I never would have Gp's really so I've always had to use workouts/running lines to figure out equipment for horses i had bred. (usually i think i would be wrong though lol) but i still think it's possible. at least say for standardbreds say they fight the driver well a Tongue Tie imo should help with that. or maybe it's a blind bridle.

so I think you still can but idk maybe not as i wasn't right when i did get Gp's and checked lol. so idk.
I'm Joe bengston in the Sim, so just call me Joe.
Jo Ferris
Hall of Fame

Post by Jo Ferris »

Some running lines are associated with different equipment needs, it's not a perfect science but I still use this list from time to time when I need to:
f8: quick from gate, broke quickly, gamely, up in time, good effort, rallied
b: broke in/out
tt: solid effort, gamely, good effort
l: broke out, drifted out, evenly, strong effort
hb: broke in/out, drifted in

Someone posted this on the forum forever ago, been very useful over the years, but again, not a perfect science
Arabian:
Money Run Low - 7.5k
Cass Ole - 5k
Mugello - 5k
All I'll Praise - 5k
Zandvoort - 10k

Paint:
Toby Flenderson - 15k
One In The Woods - 5k
We Can Be Heros - 5k
FLD Eclipse - 3.5k
Scooter - 3.5k
Tammy Stawicki
Hall of Fame

Post by Tammy Stawicki »

I also remember it being posted that horses that need bandages tend to need more recovery time
Turf Miler studs
Hempstead
Nonego
Omnsicience

Paint Sprinter studs
Jersey
Lecythus*

Paint Mid studs
Corona Wagon Train*
Jacinth
Komati*
Livewires Turnpike*

Discounts for stakes winners/producers
* = multidistance potential
Lee Tuttle
Miler

Post by Lee Tuttle »

It's at least twice the cost getting pieces from the vet this season than in the past.
Flizan Hambletonian
Turf Router

Jo Ferris wrote: 4 years ago

Some running lines are associated with different equipment needs, it's not a perfect science but I still use this list from time to time when I need to:
f8: quick from gate, broke quickly, gamely, up in time, good effort, rallied
b: broke in/out
tt: solid effort, gamely, good effort
l: broke out, drifted out, evenly, strong effort
hb: broke in/out, drifted in

Someone posted this on the forum forever ago, been very useful over the years, but again, not a perfect science

Thanks! :)