A late bloomer freak question!!!!

Forum rules
Do not to post anything abusive, obscene, vulgar, slanderous, hateful, threatening, or sexually-orientated.
Do not post anything negative about any player.
No advertising other games.
The management reserves the right to delete or lock threads and messages at any time.
Read the complete SIM rules and legal information.
Jennifer Blake
Classic Contender

A late bloomer freak question!!!!

Post by Jennifer Blake »

So I have a freak colt who is also a late bloomer. So as of right now would he be considered a low level freak? I feel like there aren’t an over abundance of freak dirt miler paints to begin with so should I train him to 3 without racing or race him at 2? What would you do?

And who know he could go freak at a peak by the end of his yearling training. I just found it interesting to get a freak that’s a late bloomer.

https://www.simhorseracing.com/horse.ph ... ID=1199241
Dave Trainer
Grade 1 Winner

Re: A late bloomer freak question!!!!

Post by Dave Trainer »

I'd race him as soon as you can. It might be that he improves after his first run.
Rochelle Bos
Hall of Fame

Post by Rochelle Bos »

I race any stakes/freak as soon as they can no matter their secondary comment :)
KINGSWOOD
Pensioner Program
• Pension your 2yo or older horse
• Ship your horse to any Kingswood Location
• Sell your horse to Rochelle Bos for $0

Comparison is the thief of joy - Theodore Roosevelt
Mr. Lord Rich
Hall of Fame

Post by Mr. Lord Rich »

Jennifer Blake wrote: 4 years ago So I have a freak colt who is also a late bloomer. So as of right now would he be considered a low level freak? I feel like there aren’t an over abundance of freak dirt miler paints to begin with so should I train him to 3 without racing or race him at 2? What would you do?

And who know he could go freak at a peak by the end of his yearling training. I just found it interesting to get a freak that’s a late bloomer.

https://www.simhorseracing.com/horse.ph ... ID=1199241
There are no negatives in training him at 2 especially with the “freak” label attached. Most horses are stakes at best so even though he may be a low level freak, he is still just as good if not better than the others.

I don’t think you will hurt his stallion chances much if he loses a couple. Regardless of the gallop label all horses still have to managed appropriate to the results on the track. If they are not winning at the highest level, don’t just keep forcing it down their throat. Ease up a bit and then slide them back up once they show you they deserve the shot.
A CAVAL DONATO NON SI GUARDA IN BOCCA
Jennifer Blake
Classic Contender

Post by Jennifer Blake »

I want to thank everyone for the reply’s. I always run my late bloomer stakes horses as soon as they can run unless they do bad the first race then I hold them back in training a bit longer. Since I never get any freaks like EVER anymore I want to do good by Soren and not mess him up, since he is a colt and colts HATE me. 🐎
Like look at Sober Sunday he wouldn’t have gone anywhere if I hadn’t sold him and now he is a top notch stud.
Soren is my first freak mixer since the adjustments went down with them. So, another reason I don’t want to mess him up. 😅
Tammy Stawicki
Hall of Fame

Post by Tammy Stawicki »

If it makes you feel any more confident starting him Girona was a stakes late bloomer at the beginning of last year and I don't think running her before her peak did her any harm. I did gallop her again week 9 as she had a bit of a longer break and she is now a peak/freak, though not a HOTY candidate (still might be a little bitter over that).
Turf Miler studs
Hempstead
Nonego
Omnsicience

Paint Sprinter studs
Jersey
Lecythus*

Paint Mid studs
Corona Wagon Train*
Jacinth
Komati*
Livewires Turnpike*

Discounts for stakes winners/producers
* = multidistance potential
Jennifer Blake
Classic Contender

Post by Jennifer Blake »

Tammy Stawicki wrote: 4 years ago If it makes you feel any more confident starting him Girona was a stakes late bloomer at the beginning of last year and I don't think running her before her peak did her any harm. I did gallop her again week 9 as she had a bit of a longer break and she is now a peak/freak, though not a HOTY candidate (still might be a little bitter over that).

What’s the criteria for being nominated? It looks to me like she hit all the marks. She even won a stewards cup. 😳🧐
Sten Rino Haakonsen
Eclipse Champion

Post by Sten Rino Haakonsen »

competitive Spirit was stakes late bloomer and he won like 4 out of 5 races and the one he did not win was a 2nd place in the sc and he is now Freak
Tammy Stawicki
Hall of Fame

Post by Tammy Stawicki »

Jennifer Blake wrote: 4 years ago
Tammy Stawicki wrote: 4 years ago If it makes you feel any more confident starting him Girona was a stakes late bloomer at the beginning of last year and I don't think running her before her peak did her any harm. I did gallop her again week 9 as she had a bit of a longer break and she is now a peak/freak, though not a HOTY candidate (still might be a little bitter over that).

What’s the criteria for being nominated? It looks to me like she hit all the marks. She even won a stewards cup. 😳🧐
I enquired as I thought maybe it was a mistake and it turns out the criteria she did not hit was being older than 2. And the fact that she has 4 graded stakes wins when none of the other nominees have more than 2, 2 grade 1s which only one other nominee has (admittedly graded wins is a tricky metric in paints as some divisions have little to no options outside the SC), 6 stakes wins when none of the other nominees have more than 4 (and most have 3), more lifetime points as a 2yo than all but one of the nominees, a higher max speed figure than any of the nominees (again likely unfair to compare between divisions), and was undefeated unlike any of the nominees was not enough to overcome her age. Not that I'm still bitter.
Turf Miler studs
Hempstead
Nonego
Omnsicience

Paint Sprinter studs
Jersey
Lecythus*

Paint Mid studs
Corona Wagon Train*
Jacinth
Komati*
Livewires Turnpike*

Jo Ferris
Hall of Fame

Post by Jo Ferris »

Tammy Stawicki wrote: 4 years ago

I enquired as I thought maybe it was a mistake and it turns out the criteria she did not hit was being older than 2. And the fact that she has 4 graded stakes wins when none of the other nominees have more than 2, 2 grade 1s which only one other nominee has (admittedly graded wins is a tricky metric in paints as some divisions have little to no options outside the SC), 6 stakes wins when none of the other nominees have more than 4 (and most have 3), more lifetime points as a 2yo than all but one of the nominees, a higher max speed figure than any of the nominees (again likely unfair to compare between divisions), and was undefeated unlike any of the nominees was not enough to overcome her age. Not that I'm still bitter.
She should've been HOTY or at least nominated. Charming Freak won HOTY at 2
Arabian:
Money Run Low - 7.5k
Cass Ole - 5k
Mugello - 5k
All I'll Praise - 5k
Zandvoort - 10k

Paint:
Toby Flenderson - 15k
One In The Woods - 5k
We Can Be Heros - 5k
FLD Eclipse - 3.5k
Scooter - 3.5k
Carole Hanson
Hall of Fame

Post by Carole Hanson »

I have a 2yo TB nominated for African HOTY so 2yos certainly can get nominated. I’m pretty sure Sidney also won a HOTY award at 2.
Tammy Stawicki
Hall of Fame

Post by Tammy Stawicki »

Jo Ferris wrote: 4 years ago

As did Rolling Rock, Trumptrainnobrakes, and Italy though at least in paints no one has done it since year 45 so maybe a newer thing.
Turf Miler studs
Hempstead
Nonego
Omnsicience

Paint Sprinter studs
Jersey
Lecythus*

Paint Mid studs
Corona Wagon Train*
Jacinth
Komati*
Livewires Turnpike*

Jo Ferris
Hall of Fame

Post by Jo Ferris »

As did Rolling Rock, Trumptrainnobrakes, and Italy though at least in paints no one has done it since year 45 so maybe a newer thing.
That just seems weird though if a 2yo can't win HOTY, especially since she had a much better season than any of the nominees, I mean going 6 for 6, earning over 500k, winning multiple graded stakes, no one can argue that. Plus really wouldn't make sense since Appy Night Lion won HOTY as a 2yo for Yr 53
Arabian:
Money Run Low - 7.5k
Cass Ole - 5k
Mugello - 5k
All I'll Praise - 5k
Zandvoort - 10k

Paint:
Toby Flenderson - 15k
One In The Woods - 5k
We Can Be Heros - 5k
FLD Eclipse - 3.5k
Scooter - 3.5k
Tammy Stawicki
Hall of Fame

Post by Tammy Stawicki »

That just seems weird though if a 2yo can't win HOTY, especially since she had a much better season than any of the nominees, I mean going 6 for 6, earning over 500k, winning multiple graded stakes, no one can argue that. Plus really wouldn't make sense since Appy Night Lion won HOTY as a 2yo for Yr 53
Preaching to the choir. I'm just repeating what was told to me. Simmys are just weird I guess. While Girona was left off the ballot Delancy made it on for me as Asian HOTY and I don't think she was even the best Asian horse in my barn much less the sim (I voted for Dave's filly). shrug emoji

Sorry to have hijacked Jennifer's post with my complaining. Hopefully, Soren will get his chance on the ballot as paint HOTY one day.
Turf Miler studs
Hempstead
Nonego
Omnsicience

Paint Sprinter studs
Jersey
Lecythus*

Paint Mid studs
Corona Wagon Train*
Jacinth
Komati*
Livewires Turnpike*

Jennifer Blake
Classic Contender

Post by Jennifer Blake »

Hey Girona needs a moment somewhere to be spoken over and I got my answers so take my post away ❤️ Nothing but love for such a nice filly. I wish I owned her * hold head down and kicks rock softly* ;)