What to do with my sweet Kooshaa?

Forum rules
Do not to post anything abusive, obscene, vulgar, slanderous, hateful, threatening, or sexually-orientated.
Do not post anything negative about any player.
No advertising other games.
The management reserves the right to delete or lock threads and messages at any time.
Read the complete SIM rules and legal information.
Lisa Bennert
Turf Router

What to do with my sweet Kooshaa?

Post by Lisa Bennert »

I thought Maybe someone might be seeing something I don't and cares to respond to this... Any advice appreciated :)

Kooshaa is my favorite horse in the sim, he's the only horse that never let me down and he will have his last race in week 16. I really wanted to make him the all-time Points leader for Arab Sprinters (he lacks 18 Points Right now), and my original plan was to go straight to the steward's Cup after the ommi stakes week 12. But I think he may have dropped in ability after week 8, so I ran him in the week 14 race which he missed by a nose.
Anyone have advice on where to put him for his last race? I thought this G2 would be a good alternative to the SC , but it Looks Pretty tough, too… should I just Sponsor something to (hopefully) make him go out a winner, or do you think he can still compete in the SC?

Lisa
Steve Leavitt
Grade 1 Winner

Re: What to do with my sweet Kooshaa?

Post by Steve Leavitt »

I hope others have better insight than I do about him. All I'm seeing is that he may still be good to race, based on ability only. What I also see, though, is that last year was the first time he was raced 7 times during the year, and it may have cost him his edge in that 7th race. He still ran a nice SF in his last race this year, but is 7 races a bit of a stretch for him? I'd vet check him this Sunday or Monday and if he's ready to race or at his peak, you could certainly try the SC, but I'd feel safer in the easier G2. Also, since your endgame is to try and have him be the all time points leader while also hopefully giving him a win, then use the easiest route to get him to those goals, which means skipping the SC.
Mr. Lord Rich
Hall of Fame

Post by Mr. Lord Rich »

if the SC has 5 horses in it right now with some of them only 100K earners, you have a very high chance at finishing the top 3, getting more money and also earning your 18 points. Heck you might even win it.

I vote SC
A CAVAL DONATO NON SI GUARDA IN BOCCA
Lisa Bennert
Turf Router

Post by Lisa Bennert »

Thank you for your Input!
I have decided against Sponsoring a race, if he were to become the Points leader he would have to earn it.. I vet checked him today and it says he will be fully rested tomorrow. I realise he probably won't run his best race w16 after his tough schedule but he should be good enough for one more race. Still don't know whether to go SC or G2.. The horses in the SC may not have earned as much, but that's tough for arabian Sprinters and they have run high Speed figures. I guess I'll just Keep watching the entries and decide last Minute :)
Lisa