Advice on an off form horse

Forum rules
Do not to post anything abusive, obscene, vulgar, slanderous, hateful, threatening, or sexually-orientated.
Do not post anything negative about any player.
No advertising other games.
The management reserves the right to delete or lock threads and messages at any time.
Read the complete SIM rules and legal information.
Tammy Stawicki
Hall of Fame

Advice on an off form horse

Post by Tammy Stawicki »

So I am a bit at a loss as to what to do with Glarus

As a note she is very unsound
She was a stakes lake bloomer at the start of her 2yo year and a freak peak at the start of this year (I didn't gallop her her 2yo year so I don't know when the changeover occurred)

She started this year really promising winning 3 in a row with 94 or 95 speed figures then her last two she's flopped with a 91 and 89 speed figure. Not horrible I know but a notable decline from her first 3 races.

I'm not sure if the only racing every 3 weeks because she is so unsound is meaning she's losing fitness, but I have plenty of somewhat unsound racing primarily every 3 weeks that seem to do ok with it.

Alternatively, maybe every 3 weeks is too much for a very unsound, though I just vetted her today 2 weeks after her last race and she's vetting good to go. She also has a companion animal and uses all first class shipping with very minimal time off the farm.

Any thoughts?
Turf Miler studs
Hempstead
Nonego
Omnsicience

Paint Sprinter studs
Jersey
Lecythus*

Paint Mid studs
Corona Wagon Train*
Jacinth
Komati*
Livewires Turnpike*

Discounts for stakes winners/producers
* = multidistance potential
Dan Kauffman
Hall of Fame

Re: Advice on an off form horse

Post by Dan Kauffman »

I hope not, but it's possible her gallop comment changed at W9.
‹Ali Hedgestone› Oh you get addicted to the crack after a while.
This spot reserved for my super-amazing TR stallion come Year 136.
Jo Ferris
Hall of Fame

Post by Jo Ferris »

Maybe confidence? The 4th in the week 10 race could just have been a bounce after 3 great performances in a row, and she still put in a respectable SF. As for her last start though maybe confidence played a role in that? She's not used to losing so can't really tell if she's sensitive about losing. I don't think running every 3 weeks would cause her to lose fitness, and if it did I think that would've shown after a few starts. I also don't think that's too much on a very unsound horse, though I have very little experience with running very unsound horses. Could also be a gallop change week 9 maybe bumped her down a little, which if that's the case that's just mean, the horse just went good.
Arabian:
Money Run Low - 7.5k
Cass Ole - 5k
Mugello - 5k
All I'll Praise - 5k
Zandvoort - 10k

Paint:
Toby Flenderson - 15k
One In The Woods - 5k
We Can Be Heros - 5k
FLD Eclipse - 3.5k
Scooter - 3.5k
Lisa Bennert
Turf Router

Post by Lisa Bennert »

I would second what Jo said About confidence. I usually run my very unsound horses every 3 weeks with the occasional 2 week break and I haven't noticed a difference in perfomance when they're running after 2 weeks, so the schedule really shouldn't be too tough on her (especially with first class shipping and companion). She could also be the type of horse that either runs a great race and wins or runs Kind of flat. I also have a freak filly Right now that seems to be like this, either wins with a very nice Speed figure or loses slower races she really should have won Talent wise.
Fingers crossed for you it's not a drop in ability and that she will win you some more races, she's so nice!
Lisa
Tammy Stawicki
Hall of Fame

Post by Tammy Stawicki »

Thanks all. Let's hope it is a confidence thing that I can recover and not a the sim is a cool mistress and improved her only to immediately unimprove her. Now to contemplate if i should sponsor her a 3yo stakes week 16 or just do some training and point her to something week 1.
Turf Miler studs
Hempstead
Nonego
Omnsicience

Paint Sprinter studs
Jersey
Lecythus*

Paint Mid studs
Corona Wagon Train*
Jacinth
Komati*
Livewires Turnpike*