El Dorado

Forum rules
Do not to post anything abusive, obscene, vulgar, slanderous, hateful, threatening, or sexually-orientated.
Do not post anything negative about any player.
No advertising other games.
The management reserves the right to delete or lock threads and messages at any time.
Read the complete SIM rules and legal information.
Craig Mcgee
Listed Stakes Winner

El Dorado

Post by Craig Mcgee »

I could not figure out what Laura was doing entering him in the Maturity, with it being a route and him crushing it in mids. Laura must know a heck of lot more than me. El Dorado ran an exceptional race coming in 3rd with a 94.
I glanced at his pedigree and my feeble mind can not see where he got his routing ability from.
Looking forward to when Jeaux and El Dorado lock horns later in the season either in the Star of Stars or the SC or even both.
In closing best of luck Laura ..... Until we meet on the track that is lol.
Craig
I need supervision 24/7. :roll:
Garret Folsom
Hall of Fame

Re: El Dorado

Post by Garret Folsom »

El Dorado is certainly a pretty special horse that can do multiple distances. I"m excited to see where he goes from here.

I feel like we should also talk about Tartar Sauce and Dream Boss dominating the boys!!!

Doug Cuomo, Dream Boss is pretty amazing as well!!!
Doug Cuomo
Derby Contender

Post by Doug Cuomo »

Haha thanks Garret! El Dorado is absolutely amazing. It took both the current and previous record holder @870 yards to beat him.
Laura Ferguson
Hall of Fame

Post by Laura Ferguson »

I gotta give Pete credit for starting the ball rolling on this one. I'd worked El Dorado 100 yards, since he had 4 weeks between the Stewards' Cup and his 4yo debut, but hadn't paid any attention to the time. Pete pointed out that El Dorado set the new record for 100 yards, and maybe he could sprint? Since there'd been adjustments to the workouts for mixers, I checked with the Steward, who confirmed that time was not a fluke.

I'm stretching to see either route or sprint with this pedigree - I can make a better case for route. Anyway, with a $1 million purse, it was worth going route, and seeing what happened. Very pleased with his effort. I'm going to try sprinting as well, but El Dorado will definitely try to defend his title in the Star of Stars week 14.
Laura Ferguson
Hall of Fame

Post by Laura Ferguson »

Just set the new world record for 400 yards. Plan is to try sprint next, then the Star of Stars. He's so amazing!
Doug Cuomo
Derby Contender

Post by Doug Cuomo »

Laura Ferguson wrote: 3 years ago Just set the new world record for 400 yards. Plan is to try sprint next, then the Star of Stars. He's so amazing!
I saw that last night and wasn't even surprised, he's that good lol!
Craig Mcgee
Listed Stakes Winner

Post by Craig Mcgee »

Very nice Laura, but Jeaux is not happy now. Lol! See you in 4 weeks at the 🌟.......
Laura Ferguson
Hall of Fame

Post by Laura Ferguson »

Tried sprinting. Finished a solid second with a 95 SF; the winner ran in just .02 than the current world record time for 350 yards. Can't complain about that! Next stop, the Star of Stars. Not sure which Steward's Cup race I'll send him in for Week 16 yet - it's a good problem to have.
Andrew Chillin
Hall of Fame

Post by Andrew Chillin »

Very nice
;p
Craig Mcgee
Listed Stakes Winner

Post by Craig Mcgee »

Jeaux and I will see you and El Dorado at the "Star of Stars". My prediction new record, winner toss a coin.
Laura Ferguson
Hall of Fame

Post by Laura Ferguson »

After El Dorado's win last night, he is just shy of the all-time QH earnings mark (I actually didn't realize that until I read it in a Feature Race article). So, I'm rolling the dice. Not sure if he's going to race the entire season, but as long as he doesn't lose much of a step between four and five, I'm going to give him the opportunity to go for the earnings mark. Probably see him try the other distances again, since he hit the board in both his sprint and route starts.

Year 57 will definitely be his last year on the track, but it has been a fun ride! I'm sure he'll be meeting up with Jeaux again at some point for the rubber match.
Laura Ferguson
Hall of Fame

Post by Laura Ferguson »

El Dorado just won the Million Dollar Maturity-G1 at 870 yards, tying the world record (he already holds the record at 400 yards) and becoming QH racing's all time leading money winner in the process. Such an amazing horse. We'll see what else he can do this year before retiring to stud. His stablemate, The Starless Sea, made it a daily double by capturing the Half Million Matron-G1. What a day!
Laura Smith
Hall of Fame

Post by Laura Smith »

Congrats Laura! I was thrilled to finish second to him. He's fantastic!
LONG OVERDUE FARM: Keepin' it Canada since Year 16.
Stallions to meet your every need. As long as you need a turf sprinter.
Craig Mcgee
Listed Stakes Winner

Post by Craig Mcgee »

Congrats Laura he is an awesome horse. :D
Jack Christensen
Derby Contender

Post by Jack Christensen »

Craig Mcgee wrote: 3 years ago Congrats Laura he is an awesome horse. :D
Somehow I think it stung Craig a bit to write this :lol: