PACER STALLYS

Forum rules
Do not to post anything abusive, obscene, vulgar, slanderous, hateful, threatening, or sexually-orientated.
Do not post anything negative about any player.
No advertising other games.
The management reserves the right to delete or lock threads and messages at any time.
Read the complete SIM rules and legal information.
The Harlequins
Eclipse Champion

PACER STALLYS

Post by The Harlequins »

i see the top boys are not on for breeding.

I have 2 nice mares...hopefully not bread yet.

Any of you guys got a stally that you think is overlooked. and been nicking well

Regards Frank.
The closest a person ever comes to perfection is when he fills out a job application form.
Sten Rino Haakonsen
Eclipse Champion

Re: PACER STALLYS

Post by Sten Rino Haakonsen »

I do not own any pacer stallions mysel but I thought I would offer some insights nonetheless no matte how sightful they might be

yeah the top 3 stallions are ll bred out but that dont mean they wont get more spots opened before the end

and out of the top 3 stalliions only 2 of them would I go or anyways

Catalyst is great and also the sire of my only freak pacer a 2 year old so far undefeated little filly

Demons I have not gotten a superstar frrom him yet but I loe him nonetheless forr that price you cannot miss with him

Scary Edgar people will probably slaughter me for saying this but I am not a fan
yes I know he is a freak producing machine and all that but there are plenty o others that have equal or better stats that doesnt cost as much as a top bred tb stallion
for the ones who still have spots have a look at Red Hot Pace, always B Lucky, Cashormiki and Highland Billy all hae great stats and are cheaper options than the top sires
Sten Rino Haakonsen
Eclipse Champion

hmmm Just realised my freaks dam is by surprise surprise Scary Edgar so it seems I have bred to him once or twice and seems like he might be good as a futur broodmare sire
The Harlequins
Eclipse Champion

Post by The Harlequins »

Big up for that Sten.......your views hold water with me.
The closest a person ever comes to perfection is when he fills out a job application form.
The Harlequins
Eclipse Champion

Post by The Harlequins »

I have a couple of horses that am thinking of retiring that are still classed as late bloomers.www.simhorseracing.com/horse.php?HorseID=1157999 is one Am guessing most pacers racing of a age are Big Horses to race against.
Sten Rino Haakonsen
Eclipse Champion

okay for me I hardly ever retire a horse before they turn 4 unless they have really nice pedigree and suck so bad at raccing I have to throw them in a claimer if I want to keep running them
the second thing is if my filly is constantly winning or being on the board in stakes races I also might keep them running past 4

your horse is 3 and still winning stakes races and that is not even counting that she is a late bloomer

take all that into consideration and I would definitely keep her running for at least one more season but that ofcourse is just my opinion

And dont get me wrrong Scary edgar is an amazing sire and I would absolutely use him a lot if he was a little bit cheaper
Michael Looker
Classic Contender

Post by Michael Looker »

The Harlequins wrote: 3 years ago I have a couple of horses that am thinking of retiring that are still classed as late bloomers.www.simhorseracing.com/horse.php?HorseID=1157999 is one Am guessing most pacers racing of a age are Big Horses to race against.
She may not be a late bloomer anymore, having not been galloped since last year. If she still is, you'd be nuts to retire her before she reaches her best. If she's at her peak, she's still worth keeping in training since she's clearly stakes class.

I have a hard time lining up the pacing stallions, mainly because I haven't done enough nicking to put them into tiers like I have with trotters. Cashformiki and Highland Billy look to have similar ability as sires for example, yet I have Highland Billy as either Tier 1 (with Catalyst and Scary Edgar) or at worst Tier 2 (with Always B Lucky and friends), whereas Cashformiki is Tier 3 at best (as are the Holiday stallions and Red Hot Pace, who are obviously good stallions). So I'm not sure my tiers mean anything at all.

Pacers are probably an easier division than most to breed, since there have historically been a limited number of dominant sirelines. We actually ran into problems with the breed pre-Cumberbatch, with everything either being Igetmoney over Writethisdown (and/or their sons) or vice versa. Cumberbatch came along as a clearly better stallion and an outcross, but it wasn't long before everything good was by Cumberbatch and out of an inbred Igetmoney/Writethisdown mare (similar to Arabian Routers today with The Visionary).

Cumberbatch helped a little, the Holiday Sale stallions (stallions sold in an impromptu stallion auction around Christmas one year which, depending on the division, were either clearly better than the other stallions and upset a lot of people or, in Pacers/Trotters, slotted in near the top of the stallion lists) helped more. GP stallions helped further again. But still, today you can look at the dam/granddam of your mare, identify a couple of sirelines they both worked well with, and probably find a stallion who combines those two lines. Whereas in Turf Routers for example there are squillions of lines to analyze and the ones that have worked with your mare's damline may not have stallions representing them anymore.

The majority of my 3yos are by With Heart. All of the 2yos I bred are by Demons. Most of my yearlings are by Highland Billy. So you can see where my "I don't have time for this; who's a good stallion?" approach has taken me lately. But taking the time to breed properly by really looking at your mare's damline - especially in a division where it's simpler than most and where small margins really matter - is well worth it.
The Harlequins
Eclipse Champion

Post by The Harlequins »

Thank you for taking the time to post some interesting stuff there Michael.

Regards Frank
Arthur Cutler
Derby Contender

Post by Arthur Cutler »

I have been getting quite a few very good Nicks with Golf Resort https://www.simhorseracing.com/horse.ph ... ID=1028677
The Harlequins
Eclipse Champion

Post by The Harlequins »

I have put that on my list to a go to Arthur , but some will be inbred its looking like.

Frank
Te Akau Downs
Grade 1 Winner

Post by Te Akau Downs »

Na Just Kidding will be retiring end of season
https://www.simhorseracing.com/horse.ph ... ID=1111009
PATIENCE is the cheapest thing in racing and least used.. J.B Cummings..
Sten Rino Haakonsen
Eclipse Champion

and then we get all excited at this prospect and then Te goes
Na Just Kidding