A Middle Eastern circuit for Arabians?

Forum rules
Do not to post anything abusive, obscene, vulgar, slanderous, hateful, threatening, or sexually-orientated.
Do not post anything negative about any player.
No advertising other games.
The management reserves the right to delete or lock threads and messages at any time.
Read the complete SIM rules and legal information.
Alyssa Lapa
Derby Contender

A Middle Eastern circuit for Arabians?

Post by Alyssa Lapa »

I've been toying with the idea of starting a track for Arabians that will center around the area these horses were created, the Middle East, but I thought I would reach out to other owners to see if it would be worth the effort. Would other Arabian owners be interested in having a circuit outside of North America? I read there was a Middle East circuit at one point, but it does seem it died out at some point. If so what kind of races/stakes would those interested be interested in seeing on the card? I'm not sure when this will happen, but I wanted to do a bit of "market research" before diving into this and since we're at the end of the season I'm not sure how buying a track after the start of a year SIM year works. If it doesn't happen Y58 I would definitely shoot for Y59.

Let me know, thanks. :)
Thoroughbred Stallions at Arborwood Oaks
COMING SOON

Arabian Stallions at Arborwood Oaks
COMING SOON

Pacer Stallions at Arborwood Oaks
COMING SOON
Lucas Davenport
Eclipse Champion

Re: A Middle Eastern circuit for Arabians?

Post by Lucas Davenport »

The theory behind the idea is solid, but it would become a logistical nightmare at best, especially for those players lacking first class shipping. There is no way a single track could offer enough and variety of races to keep even a small contingent of Arabians happy in that location, and if you factor in the substantial shipping costs, or latent tiredness if you don't have first class shipping, the costs outweigh the benefits. And this is from a person with a farm already in that area.
The Hub Group of Farms: where saving your boarding and shipping dollars is always a priority, especially when you don't know where the next race will take your horse.
Noel Collins
Derby Contender

Post by Noel Collins »

id be interested if there was more than one track or at least the track was heavily carded with races.
Alyssa Lapa
Derby Contender

Post by Alyssa Lapa »

All good points. This is why I wanted to ask before just doing. Hmm maybe someday the Middle East can have Arabians again outside of the Dubai races.
Thoroughbred Stallions at Arborwood Oaks
COMING SOON

Arabian Stallions at Arborwood Oaks
COMING SOON

Pacer Stallions at Arborwood Oaks
COMING SOON
Polk Buffalo
Grade 1 Winner

Post by Polk Buffalo »

I like the idea.
Partly because I have a farm in the area too. I am just waiting for the arabian track to arrive :)
I would definately run a lot of arabians on that circuit. Especially during weeks 1-6 when there are other races in the area.

I agree that logistics would be tricky. Perhaps ask if Em can move some races from north america to the middle east?
European golfers know everything about "race to dubai". Now lets bring some arabian races too.
Polk Buffalo Stallions
Yoboki Arabian Router 40k
Blue Daub Adee Appy Mid 20k

and many more...
Lucas Davenport
Eclipse Champion

Post by Lucas Davenport »

Being a nice idea and being reasonable and actually practical are two different things. Do we really want a 12K purse NW 2/3/4 in the Middle East? Even the winner just about breaks even. Shipping horses back and forth from Western USA to Middle East for other than the few big purse stakes seems great for taking money out of the game, but not for putting it into our pockets.
The Hub Group of Farms: where saving your boarding and shipping dollars is always a priority, especially when you don't know where the next race will take your horse.