Mixer Simmy Awards

Forum rules
Do not to post anything abusive, obscene, vulgar, slanderous, hateful, threatening, or sexually-orientated.
Do not post anything negative about any player.
No advertising other games.
The management reserves the right to delete or lock threads and messages at any time.
Read the complete SIM rules and legal information.
Jo Ferris
Hall of Fame

Re: Mixer Simmy Awards

Post by Jo Ferris »

Tammy Stawicki wrote: 3 years ago In all fairness even nonvoting decisions are wonky at times. Like that time my undefeated 4x graded stakes/2x grade 1 winning 2yo paint with more lifetime points as a 2yo than all but one HOY nominee that year, more stakes and graded stakes wins then every nominee (and actually more graded stakes wins then some nominees had total stakes wins), was not a HOY nominee. Not that I'm still bitter.
Not even my horse and that still bugs me, she was so dominant she would’ve won by a mile if she was in the vote. Wouldn’t have been the first 2yo Paint to win HOTY, I had Charming Freak win it at 2
Arabian:
Money Run Low - 7.5k
Cass Ole - 5k
Mugello - 5k
All I'll Praise - 5k
Zandvoort - 10k

Paint:
Toby Flenderson - 15k
One In The Woods - 5k
We Can Be Heros - 5k
FLD Eclipse - 3.5k
Scooter - 3.5k
Flizan Hambletonian
Turf Router

Post by Flizan Hambletonian »

Rocki Ryoliza wrote: 3 years ago
The Steward wrote: 3 years ago Save Polk's marriage!!!
or..it falls apart and we get a simhorseracing version of Dr.Phil and/or MauryShow. His fake racehorse beat mine and I could never look at him again!! The emotions are real Maury!
Lol! :D

But I almost feel like I have to defend myself here.... Yes, we are a bit competetive at home when it comes to games ;) but if Dragon Princess Z loses to Mamma Liza, I wont be angry with Polk. I would feel a bit disapointed in the SIM-voters because I really feel that my horse is the better horse here.
... And I would once again think that SIM-awards are not that important and doesn't necessarily reflect accomplishments but instead a bit "popularity contest". My "Flizans Danielle", 3 times Steward Cup winner and the highest earner in steeplechaseing (I think that record got beaten this season) didn't get a Simmy. I wasn't even nominated as "new player" (I was bit irritated about that) when Polk and Jurgen Ver were nominated.

PS! I really like Polk's horse "Mamma Liza"... She was named by our son, that was asked to say the best name for a filly. And the best name he came up with was "Mamma Liza"- thats "Mummy Liza" (my name is Liza, not Flizan... ;) ) So how can I be angry if a horse named after me win a Simmy? <3 DS!
Country House Turf Router, AW Router, Steeplechaser
Smoke and Gusto Paint Dirt Router
Flizans Bourbon Steeplechaser
Tammy Stawicki
Hall of Fame

Post by Tammy Stawicki »

Jo Ferris wrote: 3 years ago
Tammy Stawicki wrote: 3 years ago In all fairness even nonvoting decisions are wonky at times. Like that time my undefeated 4x graded stakes/2x grade 1 winning 2yo paint with more lifetime points as a 2yo than all but one HOY nominee that year, more stakes and graded stakes wins then every nominee (and actually more graded stakes wins then some nominees had total stakes wins), was not a HOY nominee. Not that I'm still bitter.
Not even my horse and that still bugs me, she was so dominant she would’ve won by a mile if she was in the vote. Wouldn’t have been the first 2yo Paint to win HOTY, I had Charming Freak win it at 2
Just the year before it happened an Appy 2yo filly got HOY and the year it happened the African HOY was a 2yo. Not that I'm still bitter.
Turf Miler studs
Hempstead
Nonego
Omnsicience

Paint Sprinter studs
Jersey
Lecythus*

Paint Mid studs
Corona Wagon Train*
Jacinth
Komati*
Livewires Turnpike*

Discounts for stakes winners/producers
* = multidistance potential
Craig Mcgee
Listed Stakes Winner

Post by Craig Mcgee »

At least Tammy is not bitter. 😆
I need supervision 24/7. :roll:
Carole Hanson
Hall of Fame

Post by Carole Hanson »

I saw that Szczecin won a SIMMY and that she was a stewards cup winner. Naturally I went to check how Em pronounced that name on the broadcast. Good try haha! If I'm correct, she's named after the Polish city which is pronounced "shh-che-tsin" (the tsin sound is particularly hard to put into text because there's no English words or letters that sound like what the last 3 letters are meant to be pronounced as, closest I can get to it is the word 'chin' but replace the 'ch' sound with something more closely resembling 'ts').
Sten Rino Haakonsen
Eclipse Champion

Post by Sten Rino Haakonsen »

And Carole is indeed corect as she is named after the polish City
and i dont think Em should be to sad about missing the pronounciation cos I have no clue how to pronounce it either lol
Rebecca Rose Hepburn
Hall of Fame

Post by Rebecca Rose Hepburn »

I sympathize. I think a lot of us have had horses like that. I had a 2yo set a world record and walk away with no simmy at all that year.
A horse is the projection of peoples' dreams about themselves - strong, powerful, beautiful - and it has the capability of giving us escape from our mundane existence.- Pam Brown