Mixer Simmy Awards

Forum rules
Do not to post anything abusive, obscene, vulgar, slanderous, hateful, threatening, or sexually-orientated.
Do not post anything negative about any player.
No advertising other games.
The management reserves the right to delete or lock threads and messages at any time.
Read the complete SIM rules and legal information.
Sarah J
Two Year Old

Mixer Simmy Awards

Post by Sarah J »

Why can I not vote for "horse of the year", It has already been awarded but not for pacers? Why? :shock:
Andrew Chillin
Hall of Fame

Re: Mixer Simmy Awards

Post by Andrew Chillin »

The sim has decided for you- allegedly that horse or horses are so dominant, it is the only choice.
;p
Sarah J
Two Year Old

Post by Sarah J »

Andrew Davidson wrote: 3 years ago The sim has decided for you- allegedly that horse or horses are so dominant, it is the only choice.
What happened to the peoples vote? :lol:
Mr. Lord Rich
Hall of Fame

Post by Mr. Lord Rich »

Sometimes there is no people’s vote.
A CAVAL DONATO NON SI GUARDA IN BOCCA
Andrew Chillin
Hall of Fame

Post by Andrew Chillin »

Right. The system adds up the numbers and decides it’s no contest.
;p
Arthur Cutler
Derby Contender

Post by Arthur Cutler »

Thank god there is no voting and the Sim does the award for you....Just for myself I don't really advertise my horses or go on the forum or chat to often so the awards turn into a popularity contest which I usually lose....As was the case with Run for the shadow last year in the female steeplechase award
division....just my two cents
The Harlequins
Eclipse Champion

Post by The Harlequins »

Pete Vella wrote: 3 years ago Sometimes there is no people’s vote.

Myanmar will second that :shock:
The closest a person ever comes to perfection is when he fills out a job application form.
Andrew Chillin
Hall of Fame

Post by Andrew Chillin »

Arthur Cutler wrote: 3 years ago Thank god there is no voting and the Sim does the award for you....Just for myself I don't really advertise my horses or go on the forum or chat to often so the awards turn into a popularity contest which I usually lose....As was the case with Run for the shadow last year in the female steeplechase award
But I didn’t get to argue my 2yo pacer filly beat yours. Not that I would have any more water to hold after that. Congratulations on your yearly accomplishments.
;p
Mr. Lord Rich
Hall of Fame

Post by Mr. Lord Rich »

Arthur Cutler wrote: 3 years ago Thank god there is no voting and the Sim does the award for you....Just for myself I don't really advertise my horses or go on the forum or chat to often so the awards turn into a popularity contest which I usually lose....As was the case with Run for the shadow last year in the female steeplechase award
agreed, many times the horses chatted about the most usually wins regardless of the horses accomplishments.
this works the same for 95% of the simmys honestly.
A CAVAL DONATO NON SI GUARDA IN BOCCA
Arthur Cutler
Derby Contender

Post by Arthur Cutler »

Andrew Davidson wrote: 3 years ago
But I didn’t get to argue my 2yo pacer filly beat yours. Not that I would have any more water to hold after that. Congratulations on your yearly accomplishments.
Dear John will be a pain in the Butt for Tip E Toes for the future I am sure of that
Tammy Stawicki
Hall of Fame

Post by Tammy Stawicki »

In all fairness even nonvoting decisions are wonky at times. Like that time my undefeated 4x graded stakes/2x grade 1 winning 2yo paint with more lifetime points as a 2yo than all but one HOY nominee that year, more stakes and graded stakes wins then every nominee (and actually more graded stakes wins then some nominees had total stakes wins), was not a HOY nominee. Not that I'm still bitter.
Turf Miler studs
Hempstead
Nonego
Omnsicience

Paint Sprinter studs
Jersey
Lecythus*

Paint Mid studs
Corona Wagon Train*
Jacinth
Komati*
Livewires Turnpike*

Discounts for stakes winners/producers
* = multidistance potential
Arthur Cutler
Derby Contender

Post by Arthur Cutler »

Pete Vella wrote: 3 years ago
agreed, many times the horses chatted about the most usually wins regardless of the horses accomplishments.
this works the same for 95% of the simmys honestly.
I Hear ya Pete I Hear ya.....My feeling is its just a pain comparing each horse by pressing on their individual link....It would be a lot easier to compare each horse if their past performances were all on one link like they do for individual races...This way everything is right in front of you andwill be easier to compare horsesI
Polk Buffalo
Grade 1 Winner

Post by Polk Buffalo »

Me and my wife Flizan are up against each other in Arabian Champion Three Year Old Female.
I just want to point out that Dragon Princess Z beat two world records this year. The only horse that beat her was my horse skeinagon. I got an evil eye for an entire day after that.
Please choose wisely in this category and remember the world records at 4 and 6 furlongs arabians :)

Mamma Liza is proud to be one of the nominees, but this price belongs to Dragon Princess Z.
Polk Buffalo Stallions
Yoboki Arabian Router 40k
Blue Daub Adee Appy Mid 20k

and many more...
The Steward
Hall of Fame

Post by The Steward »

Save Polk's marriage!!!
"There's no secret to training a good horse. It's a matter of being fortunate enough to get one."
"Funny how you often regret the stuff you didn't do more than the stuff you did do" - GG
Abby Brooks
Grade 3 Winner

Post by Abby Brooks »

The Steward wrote: 3 years ago Save Polk's marriage!!!
or..it falls apart and we get a simhorseracing version of Dr.Phil and/or MauryShow. His fake racehorse beat mine and I could never look at him again!! The emotions are real Maury!
Testing The Waters|Multi G1 AWM/AWR winner|40k
Dont make pee jokes, or you'll be barked at in the super secret sim discord where grown adults whine about one another