Gimme The 411 On Arabian Routers

Forum rules
Do not to post anything abusive, obscene, vulgar, slanderous, hateful, threatening, or sexually-orientated.
Do not post anything negative about any player.
No advertising other games.
The management reserves the right to delete or lock threads and messages at any time.
Read the complete SIM rules and legal information.
Lily Wilkins
Eclipse Champion

Gimme The 411 On Arabian Routers

Post by Lily Wilkins »

Are Arabian routers super tough to get into? What do high-end runners and mares typically cost to buy/lease?

I would love to get into the division, but there's not really anything of high quality on the market. What would leasing a handful of proven mares, and potentially buying a Freak colt who can actually run set me back?
𝐴𝑧𝑢𝑙 𝐸𝑞𝑢𝑖𝑛𝑒
Since Year 30
Proudly Standing

Equinox | TR/AWR | Leased Out Y66
Quinny | DR/DM | $20,000
✾ Visit our Nursery to view our floofy little future stars!
Noel Collins
Derby Contender

Re: Gimme The 411 On Arabian Routers

Post by Noel Collins »

I just bought an Arab Route stud to help try to diversify the bloodlines. it was hard to find anything to breed to. im also looking for mares and having not a lot of luck. part of it is that there are 6 new studs free of all charley and visionary lines.
Andrea Bouwkamp
Eclipse Champion

Post by Andrea Bouwkamp »

Arabian routers used to be a goldmine for me but lately it seems like even the freaks are sad and can barely break their maidens. Many of the stud fees seem too high to justify the investment. Too many freaks competing, bloodline variety lacking and the cost of breeding are making me want to gut my entire stable. I just can’t seem to get ahead in this game. Sigh.
Louise Bayou
Hall of Fame

Post by Louise Bayou »

“It’s like I’m driving a Mac truck with the speed of a Porsche and the brain of a rocket scientist,” Gary Stevens on Beholder
Louise Bayou
Hall of Fame

Post by Louise Bayou »

Lily Wilkins wrote: 2 years ago Are Arabian routers super tough to get into? What do high-end runners and mares typically cost to buy/lease?

I would love to get into the division, but there's not really anything of high quality on the market. What would leasing a handful of proven mares, and potentially buying a Freak colt who can actually run set me back?
Instead of being a Debbie Downer, I'll offer help instead! I have a few mares to lease if you are interested. Just shoot me a PM in game!
“It’s like I’m driving a Mac truck with the speed of a Porsche and the brain of a rocket scientist,” Gary Stevens on Beholder
Polk Buffalo
Grade 1 Winner

Post by Polk Buffalo »

I started in year 48 by buying and claiming a bunch of visionary sired females. Most were formidable or even unpredictable but hypoed well (A+) with the holiday stallions.
Now I have 40+ blue hen mares and some freak racers and a few stallions. (My most succesful division by far)
I was lucky to realize that visionary sired mares bred to holiday stallions were "the perfect match".
I still think that a "normal" blue hen mare is about as succesful in the shed as a visionarysired formidable mare. Hypos tell the truth..

I guess getting in to the division now is harder.
I leased a few A nicking mares to you. Accept if you want them.
Polk Buffalo Stallions
Yoboki Arabian Router 40k
Blue Daub Adee Appy Mid 20k

and many more...