Mixer purses

Forum rules
Do not to post anything abusive, obscene, vulgar, slanderous, hateful, threatening, or sexually-orientated.
Do not post anything negative about any player.
No advertising other games.
The management reserves the right to delete or lock threads and messages at any time.
Read the complete SIM rules and legal information.
Mr. Lord Rich
Hall of Fame

Re: Mixer purses

Post by Mr. Lord Rich »

I know I still take part in claiming the 45K and 80K fillies if they fit the pedigree I am looking for.
tiered purses would be smarter, keep 80K claimers at 15K, drop 45K claimers to 12K and then keep the 3K and 16K claimers at 10K.
A CAVAL DONATO NON SI GUARDA IN BOCCA
Brad Fabman
Derby Contender

Post by Brad Fabman »

Kent Saunders wrote: 2 years ago At a minimum there should have been tiers. No way should an $80k claimer have the same purse as a $3k claimer. Would have been nice to get some communication prior as well
Absolutely! 100% As claiming price goes up, so should the purses. Show me a track anywhere that run all their claimers for the same purse money.
Fabman Farms - Simmy Awards Won: Y54-Quarter Horse Champion Three Year Old Female - Beena's Gold
Jack Ryder
Turf Router

Post by Jack Ryder »

In my opinion purses should not be cut anywhere in any divisions instead I think a lot of mixers and all weathers need more races at stakes level.
Laura Ferguson
Hall of Fame

Post by Laura Ferguson »

What does the group think about this proposed structure? I reached out to the Steward with two suggestions and a way to offset some of the additional purse $$$ that impacts only me, and she is receptive to them.

The first is tweaking the claiming/allowance purse structure for Appys/Arabians/Paints/QHs/Pacers/Trotters (obviously, this would not impact player-owned tracks). Based on the comments in this thread, my thought was to suggest**:

Claiming Races
Y59, Claim price <$16,000, ALL purses should be $10,000
Y59, Claim price $16,001-$45,000, ALL purses should be $12,000
Y59, Claim price >$45,000, ALL purses should be $15,000

Y59, Non-claiming N2L, ALL purses should be $15,000
Y59, Non-claiming N3L, ALL purses should be $15,000
Y59, Non-claiming N4L, ALL purses should be $18,000
Y59, Non-claiming N5L, ALL purses should be $20,000

**For coding purposes, I've been asked to present my specific proposed tweaks in this type of format. I could break them out by breed, but honestly, all five of these breeds seem to be in the same boat, purse-wise.

Right now, excluding player-owned tracks and a few one-offs here and there that have $25k purses, these conditioned allowances (N2L, N3L, N4L and N5L) have purses of $10-$12k. Trotters/pacers currently have a few N2Ls that are currently at $15k, but the other breeds do not.

The main thing I keep waffling over is whether claiming races should be in three tiers (as listed above), or four, with say, the second tier being capped at $35k, the third tier being from $35,001 to $60k, and really pricey claimers (>$60k) competing for an $18k purse.

The second suggestion was, if I identified specific gaps in some of the divisions' stakes schedules (because there are some divisions that definitely have some gaps) and proposed some additional stakes to help fill those gaps, could they be added? If anyone wants to message me with specific suggestions on this piece of it, any input is appreciated.

Laura
Tammy Stawicki
Hall of Fame

Post by Tammy Stawicki »

Laura Ferguson wrote: 2 years ago What does the group think about this proposed structure? I reached out to the Steward with two suggestions and a way to offset some of the additional purse $$$ that impacts only me, and she is receptive to them.

The first is tweaking the claiming/allowance purse structure for Appys/Arabians/Paints/QHs/Pacers/Trotters (obviously, this would not impact player-owned tracks). Based on the comments in this thread, my thought was to suggest**:

Claiming Races
Y59, Claim price <$16,000, ALL purses should be $10,000
Y59, Claim price $16,001-$45,000, ALL purses should be $12,000
Y59, Claim price >$45,000, ALL purses should be $15,000

Y59, Non-claiming N2L, ALL purses should be $15,000
Y59, Non-claiming N3L, ALL purses should be $15,000
Y59, Non-claiming N4L, ALL purses should be $18,000
Y59, Non-claiming N5L, ALL purses should be $20,000

Laura
I really like this proposal and would be all for it. Thank you for taking the time to put this together and reach out to the Steward.
Turf Miler studs
Hempstead
Nonego
Omnsicience

Paint Sprinter studs
Jersey
Lecythus*

Paint Mid studs
Corona Wagon Train*
Jacinth
Komati*
Livewires Turnpike*

Discounts for stakes winners/producers
* = multidistance potential
Maria Schreuder
Derby Contender

Post by Maria Schreuder »

I support the broad principles of your suggestion, Laura. It would be some consolation for the loss of claiming purses if the NW purses could go up. I understand the Steward's desire that claimers should not be worth more than allowance races, so it would make sense on that count too while still addressing the loss of total prize money problem. I haven't been broadly active in the stakes races yet, but judging my stud fees vs. average earnings I would certainly support the filling-in of any identified gaps in the schedule. I'll leave the specifics to the experts, just wanted to state my general support. Thank you.
Kent Saunders
Grade 1 Winner

Post by Kent Saunders »

I like Laura's suggestion
Gen Ravenwood
Miler

Post by Gen Ravenwood »

I am also a fan of Laura's proposal. Huge thank you for putting it together!
Greg Czechowicz
Miler

Post by Greg Czechowicz »

I don't know I think this hurts the new players a bit I think by lowering all the cheap horses claiming purses down to 10k.I can see maybe 12k and the rest as Laura says. Or maybe make the $1500 claiming tag and under 10k purse, 1501 - 16k make 12k, rest 15k
Doug Cuomo
Derby Contender

Post by Doug Cuomo »

Kent Saunders wrote: 2 years ago I like Laura's suggestion
Ditto.
Lucas Davenport
Eclipse Champion

Post by Lucas Davenport »

I agree with Laura's concepts and basically everything that has been said here. I race all divisions, all types, and it is quite hard to get a mixer (esp Appy and Paint) potential stallions to that 350K threshold. The endless 50K stakes just don't add up quickly enough. I saw an Arabian female I entered this morning that had 6 stakes wins and less then 200K in earnings. TB stakes could be cut by 10% and you could probably raise mixer stakes by 25% and still get a net of less money into the game. Do I love it when Avengers Assemble wins a multi-million dollar purse; of course I do. But in comparison that still doesn't make it right.
The Hub Group of Farms: where saving your boarding and shipping dollars is always a priority, especially when you don't know where the next race will take your horse.
Randall Allen
Grade 1 Winner

Post by Randall Allen »

Lucas Davenport wrote: 2 years ago I agree with Laura's concepts and basically everything that has been said here. I race all divisions, all types, and it is quite hard to get a mixer (esp Appy and Paint) potential stallions to that 350K threshold. The endless 50K stakes just don't add up quickly enough. I saw an Arabian female I entered this morning that had 6 stakes wins and less then 200K in earnings. TB stakes could be cut by 10% and you could probably raise mixer stakes by 25% and still get a net of less money into the game. Do I love it when Avengers Assemble wins a multi-million dollar purse; of course I do. But in comparison that still doesn't make it right.
I have brought this up in a few posts and it seems to just gets ignored.
Jurgen Ver
Classic Contender

Post by Jurgen Ver »

I like Laura's suggestion.

Like Lucas also say: it's not easy to get the 350K stallion mark. I think we need more stakesraces and for sure more graded stakes races.
Craig Mcgee
Listed Stakes Winner

Post by Craig Mcgee »

I second third and fourth Laura's suggestions.
I need supervision 24/7. :roll:
Frank Wiley
Two Year Old

Post by Frank Wiley »

Emily. why not run a poll on this issue as you did for the Edge ?