Note on versatility in Arabians

Forum rules
Do not to post anything abusive, obscene, vulgar, slanderous, hateful, threatening, or sexually-orientated.
Do not post anything negative about any player.
No advertising other games.
The management reserves the right to delete or lock threads and messages at any time.
Read the complete SIM rules and legal information.
Brian Leavitt
Eclipse Champion

Note on versatility in Arabians

Post by Brian Leavitt »

Just because the freak Arabian router filly you have is versatile and had ridiculously good 4f workouts doesn't mean it can actually race worth a darn as a sprinter

https://www.simhorseracing.com/race.php?RaceID=1842195
I have a stable full of cats
Darcy McBride
Hall of Fame

Re: Note on versatility in Arabians

Post by Darcy McBride »

I think this was discussed shortly after when the Versatile question came out. If I remember correctly, it does not pertain to Arabians. They are either a sprinter or a router. I could be wrong, but that is what I remember.
DM: AMERICATION MISCHIEF & JAMBOREE
TM: NIGHTWATCH
DS: SINISTER MISTER/THE HELLHOUND/DARKANDSTORMYNIGHT
AWR: TUSCANY GOLD
QH DS: EL RAY SOL
QH DM: MARK ME CHROMED
The Steward
Hall of Fame

Post by The Steward »

The problem is that a lot of the Arabians are setting off the versatile meter for mid/mile distances.... when that's not an option. For instance, Brian's horse is AWESOME at mile. Which is useless info.
"There's no secret to training a good horse. It's a matter of being fortunate enough to get one."
"Funny how you often regret the stuff you didn't do more than the stuff you did do" - GG
Ash Tarasin
Eclipse Champion

Post by Ash Tarasin »

Brian Leavitt wrote: 2 years ago Just because the freak Arabian router filly you have is versatile and had ridiculously good 4f workouts doesn't mean it can actually race worth a darn as a sprinter
The Steward wrote: For instance, Brian's horse is AWESOME at mile. Which is useless info.
Is the 4f workout in Arabians unintentionally equivalent to a mile race (like in Thoroughbreds)?
Karazhan, Deshaan
Storm Drawing Near (sire of Steward's Cup winner)
Brian Leavitt
Eclipse Champion

Post by Brian Leavitt »

The Steward wrote: 2 years ago The problem is that a lot of the Arabians are setting off the versatile meter for mid/mile distances.... when that's not an option. For instance, Brian's horse is AWESOME at mile. Which is useless info.
That explains much, RIP
💀
I have a stable full of cats
Calia Mendez
Miler

Post by Calia Mendez »

Ash Tarasin wrote: 2 years ago
Brian Leavitt wrote: 2 years ago Just because the freak Arabian router filly you have is versatile and had ridiculously good 4f workouts doesn't mean it can actually race worth a darn as a sprinter
The Steward wrote: For instance, Brian's horse is AWESOME at mile. Which is useless info.
Is the 4f workout in Arabians unintentionally equivalent to a mile race (like in Thoroughbreds)?
I wouldn't be surprised if there's something going on with the 4f Arabian workouts. Looking at Y60, almost half of the top times are routers- if you look at "Top Horses" and filter out routers, the #49 fastest horse goes to #26 (#50 is another router). Even then, the top four times all belong to horses with a multi-distance sire and damsire: the page I'm looking at. With 7f, 6f, even 5f, the sprinters aren't anywhere close to the top times.

There's actually horses I've versatility checked not because I think they're actually versatile, but because I was wondering if that would explain fast workout times. (Anecdotally, one of my fastest 4f workouts one year was a filly that isn't a top horse by any stretch, but can actually both sprint and route.)