Obligatory mixers gallop thread

Forum rules
Do not to post anything abusive, obscene, vulgar, slanderous, hateful, threatening, or sexually-orientated.
Do not post anything negative about any player.
No advertising other games.
The management reserves the right to delete or lock threads and messages at any time.
Read the complete SIM rules and legal information.
Tammy Stawicki
Hall of Fame

Obligatory mixers gallop thread

Post by Tammy Stawicki »

So what did you get?

I got the following:

Stakes = 3 (7.5%) (Mark of the Beast x2, Son of a Grip)
Allowance = 19 (47.5%)
Productive = 16 (40%)
Solid = 2 (5%)

Which is pretty on par with what my 2yos are now galloping other than my 2yo are more swayed towards allowance than productive than this bunch, but this allowance/productive ratio is more on par to what I historically see. Stakes are lower than historically but given how many stakes gallopers I had in the past that could most definitely not win a stakes race I appreciate that category being a bit more selective.
Turf Miler studs
Hempstead
Nonego
Omnsicience

Paint Sprinter studs
Jersey
Lecythus*

Paint Mid studs
Corona Wagon Train*
Jacinth
Komati*
Livewires Turnpike*

Discounts for stakes winners/producers
* = multidistance potential
Calia Mendez
Miler

Re: Obligatory mixers gallop thread

Post by Calia Mendez »

Arabian Sprinters:
1 stakes LB (Sleeping Dragon)
24 allowance (16 LB, 6 progressive, 2 peak)
20 productive (12 LB, 7 progressive, 1 peak)
6 solid (2 LB, 4 progressive)
2 claimers (1 LB, 1 progressive)

Arabian Routers:
11 allowance (6 LB, 4 progressive, 1 peak)
10 productive (7 LB, 2 progressive, 1 peak)
4 solid (2 LB, 1 progressive, 1 peak)
3 claimers (1 LB, 2 progressive)

Probably one of my better years, even with the gallop adjustment.

I also went down from 7 stakes-galloping 2 year olds to just one, with only one router left. I'm happy to see the adjustment for the sake of Arabian routers, who have needed one for a while, but it is going to make sprinters a bit more tricky. Stakes gallops have actually been pretty reliable for my Arabian sprinters- 5/9 of my currently racing stakes gallopers are stakes winners, and the other four are regularly competitive in stakes; my freak is a G1 winner and competitive with the best in the division.

It'll be harder to tell which of the yearling allowance gallopers actually belong in stakes, since 4f workouts have issues (routers/versatile horses are faster than actual sprinters), but it makes me much more excited for that one stakes LB I have. It's been a long time since I've debuted a horse in a stakes anyways, so speed figures should tell the story quickly enough.
Michael Looker
Classic Contender

Post by Michael Looker »

The initial impression was that I bred a poor lot, particularly the Standardbreds. But after looking at a couple of freshman SBred sires who I expected to see around the 15% stakes/6% freak mark (and who between them averaged something more like 4.5%/0.5%) I think the gallop adjustments might've hit pretty hard. So I'm less disappointed (insofar as I was disappointed at all; these yearlings are a year plus away from racing, so what they're galloping like now isn't massively important).
Andrew Chillin
Hall of Fame

Post by Andrew Chillin »

So many allowance. So. Many.
3 stakes.
;p
Ali Sills
Turf Router

Post by Ali Sills »

I have a ton of allowance late bloomers this year, and three stakes, 1 Arab, 2 trotters. No freaky freaks.
Andrea Bouwkamp
Eclipse Champion

Post by Andrea Bouwkamp »

62 Arabian Yearlings

1 Freak(interested)
5 stakes
29 Allowance
19 productive
6 Solid
2 claimers

4 Paints

2 Allowance
2 Productive

7 Quarter Horse

5 Allowance
2 Productive

9 Standardbred Pacers

1 Stakes
5 Allowance
2 Productive
1 Solid
Last edited by Andrea Bouwkamp 1 year ago, edited 2 times in total.
Polk Buffalo
Grade 1 Winner

Post by Polk Buffalo »

Arabian routers:
1 Freak LB
16 stakes
104 allowance

Arabian sprinters:
3 stakes
49 allowance

appy sprint:
27 allowance

appy mid:
1 stakes
21 allowance

appy router:
1 stakes
15 allowance

paint sprint:
29 allowance

paint mid:
2 stakes
26 allowance

paint router:
1 stakes
14 allowance

QH sprint:
25 allowance

QH mid:
2 stakes
18 allowance

QH router:
2 stakes
13 allowance

Pacers:
4 stakes
33 allowance

Trotter:
2 stakes
17 allowance
Polk Buffalo Stallions
Yoboki Arabian Router 40k
Blue Daub Adee Appy Mid 20k

and many more...
Tammy Stawicki
Hall of Fame

Post by Tammy Stawicki »

It looks to me like paint sprinters were particularly "hard hit" with the downgrades. All my paint sprint 2yo stakes gallopers are now allowance and I didn't have any yearling stakes gallopers. Also looking at Colored Spotlights he has 6 2yo stakes gallopers (only 1 was regalloped this year) out of 62 foals, whereas he has no stakes galloping yearlings out of 43. None of my other paint sprint sires had stakes gallopers either, but they don't have a history of producing them the way CS does. But looking at the posts here so far I'm still not seeing a bunch of paint sprint high gallopers popping up.

My middle distance paints on the other hand I retained some stakes 2yos and had a few stakes yearlings, and Jacinth also sired a few stakes gallopers. So my guess is a stakes paint sprinter is going to be REALLY good and some of the allowance gallopers may be stakes competitive as well. Will be interesting to see what works look like.
Turf Miler studs
Hempstead
Nonego
Omnsicience

Paint Sprinter studs
Jersey
Lecythus*

Paint Mid studs
Corona Wagon Train*
Jacinth
Komati*
Livewires Turnpike*

Discounts for stakes winners/producers
* = multidistance potential
Hope Bentley
Eclipse Champion

Post by Hope Bentley »

No freaks
12 stakes that included - 3 QH (2 x Silver Kitty Cat(first crop sire) & 1 Ec Amazing(2nd crop)
- 2 paint (1 x FLD Raven) & ( 1 x Prequell)
- 2 Arab (1 x Stuffed Pepper) & (1 x Sleeping Dragon)
- 4 trotter ( 3 Devon Trickster) & ( 1 Dagens Dobbel x from a Devon Castle mare)
- 1 Pacer ( 1 x Mainstream)

I did breed a large yearling crop though.

Stallions
*Silver Kitty Cat
*Macha Taima
*Rockin to the Stars & more
Past Stallions
*Black Wolf *Blue Montana Gold *Fire Fire *Streakin Goldstrip
*Bear Encounter *Blood Red Sun *Held High and other greats
Gen Ravenwood
Miler

Post by Gen Ravenwood »

No stakes at all over here...oof

Just one of those years, but for context I have a now 3yo filly that I talent checked and she went down to Allowance/Late Bloomer. She's also a fast working, multiple stakes winner so we'll see how good some of these allowance yearlings are. Really interested in what the brave ones do.
Dave Trainer
Grade 1 Winner

Post by Dave Trainer »

I had very similar results to Tammy. 36 Paint ds, no stakes, 17 Allowance and only one of those was peak.
The Steward
Hall of Fame

Post by The Steward »

You know what's freaky is that TBs were only adjusted by 0.3 and mixers by 0.4. That's how many horses were in those categories... 0.4 is not a big movement by any means... except it was, in this case.
"There's no secret to training a good horse. It's a matter of being fortunate enough to get one."
"Funny how you often regret the stuff you didn't do more than the stuff you did do" - GG
Garylynn Farms
Classic Contender

Post by Garylynn Farms »

I have well over 100 allowance gallopers and a few stakes, I did get this well-bred, late-blooming, paint router Freak.
“I’ve been involved in a number of cults, both a leader and a follower. You have more fun as a follower, but you make more money as a leader."
-Creed Bratton-
Polk Buffalo
Grade 1 Winner

Post by Polk Buffalo »

The Steward wrote: 1 year ago You know what's freaky is that TBs were only adjusted by 0.3 and mixers by 0.4. That's how many horses were in those categories... 0.4 is not a big movement by any means... except it was, in this case.

As I understand only the stakes and freak limits were adjusted. I regalloped about 60 allowances and none of them became productive.
I believe that allowance horses is now a big range span has raised from 16.0-17.0 to 16.0-17.4 ish... or whatever the true values are.

Anyone who had an allowance 2 year old that went down to procuctive?
Polk Buffalo Stallions
Yoboki Arabian Router 40k
Blue Daub Adee Appy Mid 20k

and many more...
Erin Sanderson
Hall of Fame

Post by Erin Sanderson »

Polk Buffalo wrote: 1 year ago As I understand only the stakes and freak limits were adjusted. I regalloped about 60 allowances and none of them became productive.
I believe that allowance horses is now a big range span has raised from 16.0-17.0 to 16.0-17.4 ish... or whatever the true values are.

Anyone who had an allowance 2 year old that went down to procuctive?
I know I had some TBs drop from allowance to productive. I haven't double checked my mixers yet, but it appears to have been a blanket adjustment across the board.
First Faith Thoroughbreds

Home of stallions War Like Me, Can't Take the Sky, Browncoat, Forte, Prodigal Son, and more!