How Many Races Do You Let Your Horses Run a Sim Year

Forum rules
Do not to post anything abusive, obscene, vulgar, slanderous, hateful, threatening, or sexually-orientated.
Do not post anything negative about any player.
No advertising other games.
The management reserves the right to delete or lock threads and messages at any time.
Read the complete SIM rules and legal information.
Tammy Fox
Eclipse Champion

How Many Races Do You Let Your Horses Run a Sim Year

Post by Tammy Fox »

I was just curious to get others opinions on how many races a horse needs to run a sim year. I am currently stopping all my horses no matter if tired or not at 7 races. Is that a good number of races a year or do you allow them to run 8 races a year so long as you have given them I guess two weeks off between races(like I run week 6 then don't run again to week 8). Trying to decide about a couple of my arabians that are at 7 races who are currently doing really well in racing and I almost hate to not run them one more time but I don't want to risk any injuries to them.
Carole Hanson
Hall of Fame

Re: How Many Races Do You Let Your Horses Run a Sim Year

Post by Carole Hanson »

8 races is absolutely doable with things like companion animals and first class shipping around. Some horses may even be able to get 9 races in apparently!
Tammy Fox
Eclipse Champion

Post by Tammy Fox »

Thank you. All my racers travel first class even the worst ones do (LOL).
Ali Sills
Turf Router

Post by Ali Sills »

I run my Arabians 8-9 without companion animals or first class shipping. My less-quality pacers and trotters I even push to 10.

I have maybe one-two injuries per year. Usually when I make a mistake and accidentally run twice in the same game week.
Jo Ferris
Hall of Fame

Post by Jo Ferris »

I tend to do anywhere from 5-8 races, usually 6 or 7 is my sweet spot. I usually start the year with a 3 week break for most and have 1 or 2 additional 3 week break in the year for every horse, some get 4 weeks simply due to mismanagement or lack of a race suited to them. I will say this post is making me feel better about my top 2yo, I didn’t look ahead when entering races and he has ended up being forced onto 6 straight races on 2 weeks which will end with the SC 😬
Arabian:
Money Run Low - 7.5k
Cass Ole - 5k
Mugello - 5k
All I'll Praise - 5k
Zandvoort - 10k

Paint:
Toby Flenderson - 15k
One In The Woods - 5k
We Can Be Heros - 5k
FLD Eclipse - 3.5k
Scooter - 3.5k