Question about Barrier Trials

Forum rules
Do not to post anything abusive, obscene, vulgar, slanderous, hateful, threatening, or sexually-orientated.
Do not post anything negative about any player.
No advertising other games.
The management reserves the right to delete or lock threads and messages at any time.
Read the complete SIM rules and legal information.
Jo Ferris
Hall of Fame

Question about Barrier Trials

Post by Jo Ferris »

I very rarely run a horse in a barrier trial, so I don’t know the rest required before and after. I have a horse (Road to Tevis) who ran this Wednesday (6-3) and I want to give him a confidence boost so I put him in a 7-7 Barrier trial. Is that doable? He has the run of the mill comment. It’s awkward regardless scheduling wise to do a barrier trial, I’d rather just do a race but that didn’t really work as I had hoped. Also, should I do the BT, could he run week 9-3? Or do I have to wait for week 10?
Arabian:
Money Run Low - 7.5k
Cass Ole - 5k
Mugello - 5k
All I'll Praise - 5k
Zandvoort - 10k

Paint:
Toby Flenderson - 15k
One In The Woods - 5k
We Can Be Heros - 5k
FLD Eclipse - 3.5k
Scooter - 3.5k
Shannon Hunt
Eclipse Champion

Re: Question about Barrier Trials

Post by Shannon Hunt »

In my experience, they seem to be a little heavier than a workout but lighter than a race. I don't think your planned schedule is unreasonable, might throw in a vet check the day before the race just to be on the safe side.
DENSE FOG - AWS multiple freak producer
YOU WILL BE FOUND - DR millionaire producer
Also standing arabian sprinter ISKANDAR ELAKBAR, all weather router SUNRISE INTHE DAWN, and chasers RACING PIRATE and SURVIVOR SE LEVE