Arabian Lovers Unite!

Forum rules
Do not to post anything abusive, obscene, vulgar, slanderous, hateful, threatening, or sexually-orientated.
Do not post anything negative about any player.
No advertising other games.
The management reserves the right to delete or lock threads and messages at any time.
Read the complete SIM rules and legal information.
Lucas Davenport
Eclipse Champion

Re: Arabian Lovers Unite!

Post by Lucas Davenport »

Emily, thank you. Lucas
The Hub Group of Farms: where saving your boarding and shipping dollars is always a priority, especially when you don't know where the next race will take your horse.
J.r. Lewis
Grade 3 Winner

Re: All formidable broodmare auction

Post by J.r. Lewis »

Lucas Davenport wrote: 6 years ago An awful lot of mares with no bids at all.......... Are formidable mares worthless now? If so, I might as well quit playing as most of my stock is from formidable mares............ I recall getting a freak Arabian from a "good" (unpredictable) this last season.
Yep...they're worthless now...nobody should up my 41 bids ;)
Emily White
Eclipse Champion

Post by Emily White »

Btw Lucas, seeing your champion colt Re'ut Proof out of my girl Re'ut made me so happy! Good to know my breeding handiwork lives on in some ways. :)
Lucas Davenport
Eclipse Champion

Should look at the Forum more often: Re'ut Proof should have been retired this year, but most of my best mares we already bred, so I held him over so I can properly support him in year 50. Also, currently have my annual all productive auction running, with a lot of 2 year old Arabians in it. Ready to start right away in year 50. Newer players shouldn't sleep on the Arabians, many have no bids at present. Here is a cut and paste from the auction description:

"This year I have included some 2 year old Arabians in the auction. They will be ready to enter when the auction ends. I actually had fun entering some similar (productive) 3 year old Arabians this year in the multiple claiming races available to them; and they ended the year with about 20-25K EACH in earnings. Two fillies each had 32K in earnings. Not bad."

I know it may sound strange but I think I had more fun with these than with my better horses! Plus if you get the males for 1K and you geld them, as you should, they are free horses.

How come this column (Arabian Lovers Unite) isn't "stickied?"
Last edited by Lucas Davenport 5 years ago, edited 2 times in total.
The Hub Group of Farms: where saving your boarding and shipping dollars is always a priority, especially when you don't know where the next race will take your horse.
Kat Wikstrom
Two Year Old

Post by Kat Wikstrom »

I hope when I start doing Arabians this season I get a good start on them.
Lucas Davenport
Eclipse Champion

Arabian Lovers Unite still isn't stickied????

Anyhow, just purchased Burning Paradox

https://www.simhorseracing.com/horse.php?HorseID=842313

He hypomates really well, got a few A+'s with my top mares and straight A's with other Blue hens. Comparable to Mighty Sandstone, IMO, although you do have to be careful to avoid Paddy's Day obviously and possibly also Tobu, although I did test some 2x3's with Tobu. Putting him up for 20K to start for this year; we'll see how that goes. Best to all, Lucas
Polk Buffalo
Grade 1 Winner

Post by Polk Buffalo »

Just wanted to state that I am an Arabian Lover too...
Burning paradox looks interesting indeed!
Polk Buffalo Stallions
Yoboki Arabian Router 40k
Blue Daub Adee Appy Mid 20k

and many more...
Sherry Crow
Miler

Post by Sherry Crow »

I just purchased this stud " Ruya".... he was a freak himself.. the hypo's that were on him A, A-, B+ - standing at 10k.

https://www.simhorseracing.com/horse.php?HorseID=752169

I also snagged up two of his stakes runners!
This is my first experience with Arabians.

Sherry Crow
Te Akau Downs
Grade 1 Winner

Post by Te Akau Downs »

i have bred a couple to Burning Paradox with A hypo's
PATIENCE is the cheapest thing in racing and least used.. J.B Cummings..
Lucas Davenport
Eclipse Champion

I just put a bunch of 2 year old productive Arabians onto the sales page at 3K and 4K. The numerous workout times should give you plenty of info to go with, ready to start out racing next Sim year. There were only four fillies, all are out of star mares, FYI.
Polk Buffalo
Grade 1 Winner

Post by Polk Buffalo »

Thanks! I bought two of the fillies. Two left.
Polk Buffalo Stallions
Yoboki Arabian Router 40k
Blue Daub Adee Appy Mid 20k

and many more...
Lucas Davenport
Eclipse Champion

All sold, great! Thank you.
Lucas Davenport
Eclipse Champion

Jassas's Billie has been retired, low fee of 10K, he was very sound; seems like a good option for all your Paddy's Day and Wonderful Frontier mares.
Lucas Davenport
Eclipse Champion

33 unbred Arabian router star mares for sale or lease

Quite the range of ages and winnings, but I would say they certainly average 6 figures in winnings. I simply have a sufficient number of blue hens now to limit my breedings to those. This could form the backbone of a strong Arab stable. Please send me a PM
Flizan Hambletonian
Turf Router

Post by Flizan Hambletonian »

Lucas, you have PM! :)
Country House Turf Router, AW Router, Steeplechaser
Smoke and Gusto Paint Dirt Router
Flizans Bourbon Steeplechaser