Arabian Lovers Unite!

Forum rules
Do not to post anything abusive, obscene, vulgar, slanderous, hateful, threatening, or sexually-orientated.
Do not post anything negative about any player.
No advertising other games.
The management reserves the right to delete or lock threads and messages at any time.
Read the complete SIM rules and legal information.
Garret Folsom
Hall of Fame

Re: Arabian Lovers Unite!

Post by Garret Folsom »

Gas Monkey Hottie is a 9YO Gelding that just picked up his second career stakes win. He went 20 races between Stakes wins. Just a couple more races left with him and it's too bad because he's been getting better with age it seems.
Talia Ichinari
Hall of Fame

Post by Talia Ichinari »

Soundness findings of my stallions:
Birthday Shots: Sound
Celebrate Instyle: Very Sound
Cross the Nile: Somewhat Unsound
Gift That Keeps On: Somewhat Unsound
Giving Heart: Sound
Kalri: Somewhat Unsound
Midnihte Snack: Somewhat Unsound
Sleeping Nightmare: Sound
Twas Foretold: Very Sound
Zaid: Somewhat Unsound
Nikki Everdeen
Hall of Fame

Post by Nikki Everdeen »

I didn't ask about all of mine but these are the ones I checked:

Barak - Sound
Hujambo - Somewhat Unsound
Ma'falti - Somewhat Unsound
Muthadi - Very Unsound
Stele - Somewhat Unsound
Inspiration Stud
Standing quality Appaloosas, Arabians, Paints, Quarter Horses, and Thoroughbreds
Lucas Davenport
Eclipse Champion

Post by Lucas Davenport »

I also did not check all my stallions, but here are the Arab ones others are most likely to use:

Cat's eye: sound
NF Proof: Very sound
Tobu: somewhat unsound
Tobu Perfect: somewhat unsound

Tobu is 15, but is still alive as of this writing!

I do not plan on checking the soundness of the vast majority of my horses: probably check only the freaks and a few stallions.
The Hub Group of Farms: where saving your boarding and shipping dollars is always a priority, especially when you don't know where the next race will take your horse.
Landon Alexander
Hall of Fame

Post by Landon Alexander »

I'm super excited about this filly! Clockworkvisionary (The Visionary - Clockwork Majesty), freak galloper
Te Akau Downs
Grade 1 Winner

Post by Te Akau Downs »

nice filly Landon, good luck with her:)
PATIENCE is the cheapest thing in racing and least used.. J.B Cummings..
Talia Ichinari
Hall of Fame

Post by Talia Ichinari »

About 92 horses down, 80+ to go.
Andrea Bouwkamp
Eclipse Champion

Post by Andrea Bouwkamp »

Hall of famer, 4xs champion and 2xs Arabian HOY Bobbie Girl never really produced squat. I did grab a daughter from AJ and got a few nice foals from her. Her best is a stakes galloper who is trying to break her maiden. I am having equipment issues with her so I am hoping this next start will be the deciding factor. No matter for her racing career, I am hoping she becomes a great broodmare after. It just seems to be a shame that this Hall Of Fame mare does not have a legacy.....yet. Wish me luck. :D
Chris Everett
Hall of Fame

Post by Chris Everett »

Bobbie girl didn't retire till well past her prime. It is in my opinion that is why. She kept racing till forced retirement.i ts a shame too because she was good
Andrea Bouwkamp
Eclipse Champion

So she raced through the age of 8 and didn't breed until 9(or was it through age 9 and start breeding @10?-I don't know if I counted right.lol). Wow.
Speaking of; When is the ideal age to retire female Arabians? Considering that they don't start racing until the age of 3, they do lose a year in that regard. Why can't we race them at 2yrs of age? I am curious about that. Perhaps that can change, if suggested, in the future?
Kyasuriin Matsumoto
Hall of Fame

Post by Kyasuriin Matsumoto »

Andrea Bouwkamp wrote:Hall of famer, 4xs champion and 2xs Arabian HOY Bobbie Girl never really produced squat. I did grab a daughter from AJ and got a few nice foals from her. Her best is a stakes galloper who is trying to break her maiden. I am having equipment issues with her so I am hoping this next start will be the deciding factor. No matter for her racing career, I am hoping she becomes a great broodmare after. It just seems to be a shame that this Hall Of Fame mare does not have a legacy.....yet. Wish me luck. :D
Alex gave her to me because she got frustrated breeding her. and I offered to give it a shot. I had no luck either, but I also believe she was the "has potential" type if I remember correctly., so it really doesn't have anything to do with the time she retired in my opinion. Some mares are just meant to race and make terrible broodmares. The three foals I bred were solid, claimer, and solid. I waited for gallop improvement, but it never happened, and both fillies had no potential for breeding (I think I gave Alex the option to breed them if she wanted before pensioning).

I am glad you got something decent from her legacy though even if she's being difficult breaking her maiden. I would certainly keep trying and would suggest racing her as long as you can. She has the sire/dam-sire to be a good broodie, so if any of Bobbie Girl's decendants were finally going to be a good broodie, your filly has the best shot.
Gateway Farms
Laura Ferguson
Hall of Fame

Post by Laura Ferguson »

Andrea,

I think Arabians don't race until age 3, because that's how it is in real life. The Darley Awards have a 3yo category, a 4yo category and an older horse category. I'm okay with waiting until age 3, like steeplechasers - I wish they could get an extra year on the back end, so that what happens in terms of pensioning happens one year later than the more precocious breeds.
Andrea Bouwkamp
Eclipse Champion

So, retirement age is usually a year later for Arabians? I usually retire my mares after age 4 in other breeds. Age 5 a good guideline?
Chris Everett
Hall of Fame

Post by Chris Everett »

Depends. If mine dont start showing anything at 5 i retire the fillies. Males get till 6.
Andrea Bouwkamp
Eclipse Champion

Kyasuriin Matsumoto wrote:
Andrea Bouwkamp wrote:Hall of famer, 4xs champion and 2xs Arabian HOY Bobbie Girl never really produced squat. I did grab a daughter from AJ and got a few nice foals from her. Her best is a stakes galloper who is trying to break her maiden. I am having equipment issues with her so I am hoping this next start will be the deciding factor. No matter for her racing career, I am hoping she becomes a great broodmare after. It just seems to be a shame that this Hall Of Fame mare does not have a legacy.....yet. Wish me luck. :D
Alex gave her to me because she got frustrated breeding her. and I offered to give it a shot. I had no luck either, but I also believe she was the "has potential" type if I remember correctly., so it really doesn't have anything to do with the time she retired in my opinion. Some mares are just meant to race and make terrible broodmares. The three foals I bred were solid, claimer, and solid. I waited for gallop improvement, but it never happened, and both fillies had no potential for breeding (I think I gave Alex the option to breed them if she wanted before pensioning).

I am glad you got something decent from her legacy though even if she's being difficult breaking her maiden. I would certainly keep trying and would suggest racing her as long as you can. She has the sire/dam-sire to be a good broodie, so if any of Bobbie Girl's decendants were finally going to be a good broodie, your filly has the best shot.
Well, she just broke here maiden with the wrong equipment. lol. I will figure that out. I think I am close. I am super happy that she finally won. Tobamirah