Arabian Lovers Unite!

Forum rules
Do not to post anything abusive, obscene, vulgar, slanderous, hateful, threatening, or sexually-orientated.
Do not post anything negative about any player.
No advertising other games.
The management reserves the right to delete or lock threads and messages at any time.
Read the complete SIM rules and legal information.
Tammy Fox
Eclipse Champion

Re: Arabian Lovers Unite!

Post by Tammy Fox »

Really like this colt http://www.simhorseracing.com/horse.php?HorseID=676086

I know I am pushing it in the SC but I am wondering what do you guys think he has won at 4,5,abd 6 furlongs but I am thinking maybe 6 furlongs might be his best distance. I just have not had an Arabian in a long time win at all three distances so kind of surprised with this boy. I thought he was a 5 furlong runner but he lost last time out at 5 furlongs to a horse he beat at 6 furlongs so is it possible in the Arabian breed to have a horse that can run and win at all three distances or do you think I should focus on the 6 furlong distance.
Then there is this filly http://www.simhorseracing.com/horse.php?HorseID=676081 who has won at 4 and 5 furlongs but seems to like 4 furlongs.

What should I do for their 4yo racing year should I still let the colt run at the different distances or should I put him focused on 6 furlongs and on the filly should I just keep her at 4 furlongs or do you think she can do both 4 and 5 furlongs? Still trying to figure out the Arabian bloodlines so really don't know much about their sire Phooka although he has a cool name.
Lori Hamill
Hall of Fame

Post by Lori Hamill »

I have the same thing going with this guy: http://www.simhorseracing.com/horse.php?HorseID=670604 plus - he prefers muddy tracks. I entered him anyway, he may as well have a shot. Sometimes there's no choices if you want to keep your horse fit, some weeks there aren't races at what you think might be their preferred distance. Some of those they'll win and some they might lose - but if I don't try with him than he's already lost.
¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Samantha James
Derby Contender

Post by Samantha James »

I have missed so much that has happened with Arabians since my break so I'm going to go through this whole thread and catch up! :D
I'm also looking to buy a few Arabian racers if anyone has any available they would like to part with please let me know, no preference on gender but not too expensive as I'm trying to get back on my feet!
Talia Ichinari
Hall of Fame

Post by Talia Ichinari »

Following her retirement this little dark bay colt was born, http://www.simhorseracing.com/horse.php?HorseID=793030&
Tammy Fox
Eclipse Champion

Post by Tammy Fox »

Well, I guess my colt had something to show me in the SC. I love this finish and wish all my Arabians would run like him Wish All My Arabians Would Run Like Him

I think the cherry on top is that he made the top 50 Arabian Male Sprint List based on active points (this is the rankings for all the ages). He is ranked 44 but he is the only 3yo in the rankings which makes me very shocked but in a good way.

I just hope he still has another 1 to 2 more years of running left in him and that he isn't one of those that does well his 3yo year then falls off the planet his 4yo year.

I wish they had a Desert Cup for Arabian Sprint Horses because that would be fun to watch him compete whether he won or lost.

Not even sure what races he will run as a 4yo, I am just going to take it one week at a time and try to place him as best as I can in his future races. If he continues to win stakes races then I am going to need to start finding or breeding some nice Arabian sprint mares for him when he finally goes to the breeding shed whenever that may be since most Arabians race through at least their 6yo year.

Regardless it was a good race and I think all the horses who ran in the SC were incredibly talented and look forward to racing against them in the future, it makes it so much more fun and exciting when the race is close.
Chris Everett
Hall of Fame

Post by Chris Everett »

So, Kya i've never had a horse hit over 90 cept one time and that was Damascus Sword. She managed to do that too http://www.simhorseracing.com/race.php?RaceID=814502 i guess its time tos ee how she runs in stakes next.
Chris Everett
Hall of Fame

Post by Chris Everett »

No one's been posting but just a update with my arab babies. Cast Dispell ran her first race, a msw, and broke the mile and quarter record. On the other hand, this one http://www.simhorseracing.com/horse.php?HorseID=712219 managed to win a msw sprint. So Kya, might be your proof your boy can certainly sire sprinters.
Kyasuriin Matsumoto
Hall of Fame

Post by Kyasuriin Matsumoto »

Chris Everett wrote:No one's been posting but just a update with my arab babies. Cast Dispell ran her first race, a msw, and broke the mile and quarter record. On the other hand, this one http://www.simhorseracing.com/horse.php?HorseID=712219 managed to win a msw sprint. So Kya, might be your proof your boy can certainly sire sprinters.
Nice. I bred a few sprinters to him the first year, and more last year. I haven't gotten any freak sprinters from him yet, but I've had several stakes.
Gateway Farms
Garret Folsom
Hall of Fame

Post by Garret Folsom »

I'll update on a few of my Arabian youngsters.

I have a Stakes Sprinter Yearling, Flutter By Aswad to go with a Stakes 2YO Zaiss

On the Router Side, just one, but it's a nice one.

Valentine Ice Card is a Freak.
Talia Ichinari
Hall of Fame

Post by Talia Ichinari »

Well, I think I'm back. There's sooooooooooooooo many changes, but a lot for the better, and permanent chat is back! I'd been feeling so lonely playing the SIm, but love what I'm seeing today.
Garret Folsom
Hall of Fame

Post by Garret Folsom »

Welcome back!
Nena Olson
Hall of Fame

Post by Nena Olson »

Talia Ichinari wrote:Well, I think I'm back. There's sooooooooooooooo many changes, but a lot for the better, and permanent chat is back! I'd been feeling so lonely playing the SIm, but love what I'm seeing today.
YES! Yay, welcome back!
✧.* SIM Artist ੈ✩‧₊˚
Talia Ichinari
Hall of Fame

Post by Talia Ichinari »

"It's not the horses that are real, it's the emotions." ~ Em Probably
Andrea Bouwkamp
Eclipse Champion

Post by Andrea Bouwkamp »

Andrea Bouwkamp wrote:
Kyasuriin Matsumoto wrote:
Andrea Bouwkamp wrote:Hall of famer, 4xs champion and 2xs Arabian HOY Bobbie Girl never really produced squat. I did grab a daughter from AJ and got a few nice foals from her. Her best is a stakes galloper who is trying to break her maiden. I am having equipment issues with her so I am hoping this next start will be the deciding factor. No matter for her racing career, I am hoping she becomes a great broodmare after. It just seems to be a shame that this Hall Of Fame mare does not have a legacy.....yet. Wish me luck. :D
Alex gave her to me because she got frustrated breeding her. and I offered to give it a shot. I had no luck either, but I also believe she was the "has potential" type if I remember correctly., so it really doesn't have anything to do with the time she retired in my opinion. Some mares are just meant to race and make terrible broodmares. The three foals I bred were solid, claimer, and solid. I waited for gallop improvement, but it never happened, and both fillies had no potential for breeding (I think I gave Alex the option to breed them if she wanted before pensioning).

I am glad you got something decent from her legacy though even if she's being difficult breaking her maiden. I would certainly keep trying and would suggest racing her as long as you can. She has the sire/dam-sire to be a good broodie, so if any of Bobbie Girl's decendants were finally going to be a good broodie, your filly has the best shot.
Well, she just broke here maiden with the wrong equipment. lol. I will figure that out. I think I am close. I am super happy that she finally won. Tobamirah
Tobamirah is now a stakes winner!!! She is probably the last and only chance to do Bobbie Girl proud now. :D
Erica Olson
Listed Stakes Winner

Post by Erica Olson »

Omg, I actually bred a stakes Arabian! My other homebreds have been claimers. http://www.simhorseracing.com/horse.php?HorseID=832329
Pacer Studs:
Highland Billy - 15K
Stars Burning - 8K

Trotter Studs:
Viceroy - 5K