Clampett and Beagle MIXED NAMES contest returns!!!

Forum rules
Do not to post anything abusive, obscene, vulgar, slanderous, hateful, threatening, or sexually-orientated.
Do not post anything negative about any player.
No advertising other games.
The management reserves the right to delete or lock threads and messages at any time.
Read the complete SIM rules and legal information.
Leonard Beagle
Hall of Fame

Clampett and Beagle MIXED NAMES contest returns!!!

Post by Leonard Beagle »

Hi all SIMsters!!! Jeb and myself have decided to return what is hopefully a popular contest to entertain us during the upcoming break. The MIXED NAMES contest will be back this year. However, there are a few changes.....instead of 20 sets, we're thinking of reducing that number to 10 sets. BUT, we want to try something a little different and present a few of the puzzles live in the chat room! Yes, a real time contest using our puzzles!!! Sounds exciting, doesn't it? ;)

Anyway, as we look forward to finalizing our list of puzzles this year.....you can look at past contests here.

And, we are once again looking for donations as prizes!! We figure we are needing about 15 nice prizes this year, but will take more. What are we looking for? GP's donations as low as 1,000, SIMcash donations as low as $5,000, free breedings to stallions, free leases to mares, yearlings, and just about anything else.
If interested in donating, could you please PM myself or Jeb with whatever questions you may have and what you would like to donate.

We can never do this contest without the donations from you, so we want to say thank you again for helping us run this game!!

Thanks for reading, and here's hoping some of you are looking forward to our return! :)
Laura Ferguson
Hall of Fame

Re: Clampett and Beagle MIXED NAMES contest returns!!!

Post by Laura Ferguson »

Yay! I'll be sending a pm later today with some donations to the cause. This is one of my favorite contests!
Leonard Beagle
Hall of Fame

Post by Leonard Beagle »

Thank you Laura....you always take care of us on this.
Jeb Clampett
Eclipse Champion

Post by Jeb Clampett »

Yay, thanks so much, Laura! Hope to see you winning in the contest!

Just in case it isn't obvious ... Leo and I would not be adverse to hearing some more support/enthusiasm for the MN Contest.

To be honest, we've been working hard to generate between ourselves enough enthusiasm to run this contest this year.

I'm asking (without permission from Leo -- apologies):
Please post and tell us if you enjoy the MN contest and why. Doesn't matter whether you enter or just like watching -- but knowing that people like the contest really does matter to us so much!

If you do like the MN contest and want to support it, then kick in a donation. Leo's post might not have been totally clear. We'll take any donation: any amount of SIM $, GPs, breedings, yearlings, mare leases, whatever. But then, we'll reserve the right to group them however we think best.

So, I'm saying ... if you want to see the MN Contest this break, kick in some donation.

Send them by PM or post them here. PM is good, but posting is also real good (might even encourage others).
"Luck is my middle name," said Rincewind, indistinctly.
"Mind you, my first name is Bad."

-- (Terry Pratchett, Interesting Times)
Anna Leroux
Hall of Fame

Post by Anna Leroux »

Guys I really do enjoy this contest! Its great. As I mentioned in a PM to Leo I will donate free breedings to Ometotchtli, Sixagonal and Break.

I am also willing to donate;
http://www.simhorseracing.com/horse.php?HorseID=151765 this Performing Tricks foal
Jeb Clampett
Eclipse Champion

Post by Jeb Clampett »

Anna Leroux wrote:Guys I really do enjoy this contest! Its great. As I mentioned in a PM to Leo I will donate free breedings to Ometotchtli, Sixagonal and Break.

I am also willing to donate;
http://www.simhorseracing.com/horse.php?HorseID=151765 this Performing Tricks foal

Awesome, Anna! Thanks both for the support/enthusiasm for the contest and for the donations -- perks me up a whole lot!

Don't mean to undercut Leo. And certainly some people might prefer to donate privately by PM. And that's great. But seeing the donations in the forum does help me get energized.

I'm asking for a donation in the Forum, but no need to post a number. That is, you can post an unspecified donation in the forum and then send Leo or me a PM stating an amount and that would be great. Even a little would mean a lot. A donation of 1K gpS or 10 K SIM$ would really mean a lot.

Bill Outsilver
Eclipse Champion

Post by Bill Outsilver »

Jeb and Leo- You two have done an amazing job with this each time that you run it! :D I absolutely LOVE this contest!! It is fun to help come up with puzzles for you as well as trying to solve the groupings that you put together. The SIM break drives me crazy so it is great to have something SIM related to look forward to that makes it go faster. I have pm'd you with my guesstimated donations as well.

Thank you for running this!!!
Last edited by Bill Outsilver 14 years ago, edited 1 time in total.
Winged Tortoise Stables proudly stands:
Dirt Router Safe Passage, stud fee $20k and dirt miler/dirt router Mohaymen , stud fee $30k
Tanitha Starlet
Eclipse Champion

Post by Tanitha Starlet »

Thanks for bringing the comp back this year. It does help to break up the break..
Its always run well and fun..

I'll donate something.. Im just not sure what atm, Im busy reinstalling windows and got to reset the comp every 2 minutes, so i'll look for what I can donate soon..

Do you need any puzzles submitted? Or do you have that covered and just after donations?

Regards
Tan..
Innocent Onlooker
Xander Zone
Hall of Fame

Post by Xander Zone »

i will be happy to donate some free breeding's to Splash Works when he retires
Steph Lonhro
Hall of Fame

Post by Steph Lonhro »

love this game

I am willing to support it, told leo i'd offer a free breeding to money honey (trotter), but I would also offer a free breeding to planet (dirt sprinter) if you want to use that as well
Selati(dirt miler) $15k NY
Lani(unspecified type) $30k in NY
Lead the Crowd(turf miler) $15k NY
Leonard Beagle
Hall of Fame

Post by Leonard Beagle »

Thanks to you all!! I am real glad to be able to try to put something together with Jeb and Ronnie that you enjoy playing.

I've replied to everyone who sent me a PM with donations....and to those who have listed donations on here, we're making a list, and will be in touch closer to the break. But more importantly, THANK YOU THANK YOU THANK YOU!!!!

Some cool prizes look to be coming in, with more I'm sure not yet sent....please keep 'em coming.

Watch this thread for updates soon!!!

Leo
Jeb Clampett
Eclipse Champion

Post by Jeb Clampett »

Yes :D ! Thank you all so much for the donations and even more for the encouraging words -- that's just so great! I'm feeling pretty energized!

To answer questions -- yes, we'll really like to get puzzles from you. Like people have said, once you start, it's hard to stop. Puzzles are fun to make up and fun to solve. So, yes, please PM me any/all puzzles that you have fun doing. I should point out, though, that with only 10 puzzle sets and that we don't put in more than one donated puzzle per set, we won't be able to use as many of anybody's puzzles this time as we've done before. That said -- I totally love reading puzzles! So - yes, yes - please, anybody and everybody (not just the puzzlemeisters) send me puzzles, please!
Cleo Patra wrote:I'd like to donate:
Can I send the GPs over straight away on GP1/2 day? I'm not going to be around during the contest and I don't want to cause a holdup.
Of course. And thanks. We should have said. As before, I'll be handling the GP donations (easy) and Leo will be handling the SIM$ donations (more complicated). (You don't need to worry about this, we'll sort it out). For GP's send them over to me whenever. For SIM$ contributions, Leo is the go-to guy.

And Cleo, I'm sorry to hear that you won't be around during the main contest. We've never settled on the time for the new "chat" contest -- we could schedule the "chat" contest for a time when you are around. Say when that might be -- like maybe a week or two before the break?

Corey Lange
Miler

Post by Corey Lange »

Hey guys I love this contest and definitely nearly jumped out of my chair when I saw the thread i'll send some GPs your way on GP1/2 day i'll pm you about how much. But just wanted to say how excited I am for the return of the contest!
Chris Everett
Hall of Fame

Post by Chris Everett »

Leo, sent you a list of better choices than the original, still mixed breeds.
Lori Hamill
Hall of Fame

Post by Lori Hamill »

I always enjoy this contest so much! I really missed it last break and was so excited to see this thread today! I will definitely be in for donations!
¯\_(ツ)_/¯