Season 2 Official Thread

Forum rules
Do not to post anything abusive, obscene, vulgar, slanderous, hateful, threatening, or sexually-orientated.
Do not post anything negative about any player.
No advertising other games.
The management reserves the right to delete or lock threads and messages at any time.
Read the complete SIM rules and legal information.
Mike Eaton
Hall of Fame

Season 2 Official Thread

Post by Mike Eaton »

Team 1
1. Francis<<<<Eliminated week two
2. Clinton J
3. Rose H<<<<Eliminated week 4
4. Blue Cashew<<<<<Eliminated week 4
5. Stacy Sli<<<<Eliminated week 2
6. Iggy t<<moved to team 3
7. Jen A <<<< GONE
8. Madelene
Team 2
1. GIGI
2. Bill outsilver<<< Eliminated week one inactive
3. Joe Ferris<<<<Eliminated week four
4. Cheyenne<<<<<Eliminated week two
5. Royal<<<<Eliminated week one inactive
6. Skippy Bowen<<<<Eliminated week five
7. Nan Lanson<<<Eliminated
Team 3
1. Emily white<<<Eliminated week five
2. Ashley Gibs<<<<Eliminated week five
3. Vincent B<<<<Opted out week five
4. Jen F<<<<Eliminated week one
5. Scott E<<< Did not edit my list to him not playing anymore.
6. Brandon Cashell<<<<Eliminated week one
7. Padme<<<<<Eliminated week one
IGGY T moved to this team week 2

22 players = 2 teams of 7 and 1 team of 8. Prize $1,250,000
Only the good die weak. Season 2 of simvivor has gained more interest than I could imagine and I am thrilled. This game is just a live by week to week kind of thing, but with feedback from season 1 I have tried to make it better this season. This season has a theme of the meanest, toughest, nastiest will win I will be mean to, you make me unhappy you could be gone muhahaha. If you’re too nice I cannot imagine you winning. I will reward you to be nasty; Gibson may have an advantage here. This is only for fun do not take what people in this game personal they are just doing it to win.
How this season will work.

Each week one person on the team will be captain. The captain will be chosen amongst yourselves, but must be decided right after people get eliminated. Week 1 I will assign the captains. This person will do the talking to me for the team. They have most responsibility and this year while with 3 teams the captain will auto be safe if the team finished 1st or 2nd. If your team wins no one will go into battle from that team. The team that comes in last will all message me a vote of who they wish to go into battle the person or persons that has the most votes will go into battle. The captain of the team that came in second will pick who on their team will go into battle. This will cause drama because you will be well aware of who sent you in … I love this addition! If your team comes in last there must be at least 2 people that go into battle so if votes come in perfect and only 1 person has the most votes I will ask the captain to nominate someone to go into battle. More than one person at a time may be eliminated this will be announced during battle.
Each week there will be a challenge your team will compete in. The challenges I will try to make it so everyone must communicate. There will be ways to get immunity during the challenge. I will notice someone stepping up and randomly give immunity, your captain that week may message me with a recommendation for immunity, and every once in a while I will have an optional single person challenge where if you decide to take part you could win immunity but if you take part and lose you will automatically be in battle.
After a challenge you will know what place your team came in and if you read above you will know what will be expected from you.
This time the challenges will have a rubric kind of idea where time will not be the deciding factor but the faster you answer the more points you will get kind of thing you will know that ahead of time.
Twists and turns- I will not play Mr. nice host but I will feed you random lies and such and truths just to cause game drama…it may lead to advantages if you do what I ask we will see… but if the scummy person I hire gets caught they will be in trouble this will be edited as we go along…it’s a learning process for me too…
So I hope you all have fun and this is as successful as season 1 was. Edits may be made in the middle of the season if things are not working out…. Let’s get this thing started!
Last edited by Mike Eaton 12 years ago, edited 10 times in total.
NEVER CAUTIOUS

Every filly’s fantasy,
bred to go long but quick to plz

18 : 10 - 1 - 0 LTE $2,227,500
Baltimore Crown (G1)
Arcadia Classic (G1)
Seek Thrills Handicap (G1)
Arcadia Classic (G1)
Brakebills Stakes (G2)
Garden State (G2)
Mike Eaton
Hall of Fame

Re: Season 2 Official Thread

Post by Mike Eaton »

Week 1 Captains
Team 1-Rose
Team 2-Skippy
Team 3-Ashley

Week 1 challenge- Week 1 challenge is to create a name. The captains must send a message out to every team mate letting them know this season is starting, they are on such a team, and ask for a suggestion for a team name. The captain must discuss with the team an official name and submit to me that name the team has decided. That name will be the team name and you will finish in the order of most well liked by me and a guest judge.

What I want else from the captain is a message of the first 5 people who messaged them back a suggestion and what the suggestion was. Also, I would like to know who suggested the official team name. I will use this information for some crazy week 1 madness.....

I will let you know now between 2-4 people will be eliminated week 1. HARSH.

Team members that are not captains may message me concerns, I mean if you want to send me messages complaining about team mates it will entertain me and the more drama and nastiness the better...you never know when I will give you that random immunity.

Questions are also welcome, but try figuring out the answer from your team first.

So have fun and good luck!
NEVER CAUTIOUS

Every filly’s fantasy,

Baltimore Crown (G1)
Arcadia Classic (G1)
Arcadia Classic (G1)
Brakebills Stakes (G2)
Garden State (G2)
Mike Eaton
Hall of Fame

Post by Mike Eaton »

Edit so if your captain and finish last your in battle
NEVER CAUTIOUS

Every filly’s fantasy,

Baltimore Crown (G1)
Arcadia Classic (G1)
Arcadia Classic (G1)
Brakebills Stakes (G2)
Garden State (G2)
Mike Eaton
Hall of Fame

Post by Mike Eaton »

Scott ad edited his post to not playing and I did not see so he is no longer in the contest. If captains run into someone not responding for a while or they changed there mind. With so many players playing I thought the first few weeks would be a major drop in numbers because of this so it is not a big deal at all.

Thanks

Good luck!
NEVER CAUTIOUS

Every filly’s fantasy,

Baltimore Crown (G1)
Arcadia Classic (G1)
Arcadia Classic (G1)
Brakebills Stakes (G2)
Garden State (G2)
Mike Eaton
Hall of Fame

Post by Mike Eaton »

We got all names submitted and now its time for me and special judges to judge results will not take long.

Team 1 is now Zosimos

Team 2 is now The Grinches

Team 3 is now At the wire
NEVER CAUTIOUS

Every filly’s fantasy,

Baltimore Crown (G1)
Arcadia Classic (G1)
Arcadia Classic (G1)
Brakebills Stakes (G2)
Garden State (G2)
Mike Eaton
Hall of Fame

Post by Mike Eaton »

I would like you all to read Fanta's amazing article on this season. And would love if you guys on the teams could message me if you would like to throw someone under the bus and such your captains all threw at least one person under....always a plus to do so!
NEVER CAUTIOUS

Every filly’s fantasy,

Baltimore Crown (G1)
Arcadia Classic (G1)
Arcadia Classic (G1)
Brakebills Stakes (G2)
Garden State (G2)
Mike Eaton
Hall of Fame

Post by Mike Eaton »

Week 1 challenge has been fun already! I have found 2 judges that will volunteer their personal time to be permanent judges and give commentary and help me decide the winners! They are Season 1 finalist Fanta and Chani! So thank them in your free time you may get brownie points.

So here is week 1 challenge judging and results followed by what to do next

Mike said

Zosimos- Very original. Creative. Good meaning for this game. I rank it first.

The Grinches- Good for the holiday but the holiday is already over. I guess if you dig deep you can find meaning to it for simvivor, but I am not going to dig. Ranked third for me.

At The Wire- Very unoriginal. Catchy yes but I feel I heard it before. This time your not first at the wire but I will give you second for the catchy feeling to it.

Chani said

Zosimos- 2nd best name. "Zosimos, although foreign on the tongue, was an alchemist of days gone by. Perhaps this team is hoeing to teach us that although wise, they are strong and willing to fight their way to the top

The Grinches- best name. "The Grinches have come up with a very fun to say name which although in no way defines them as mean troublemakers, but perhaps mischievous with a good heart"

At the wire- Ranked last "Although horse oriented, I found the name unoriginal and suggesting that this team though highly of themselves. Overachievers? We'll find out"

Fanta said-

Zosimos is who I rank number 1. It is a unique and creative name that gives them their own identity within SIMvivor.

The Grinches, a nice play on the Holiday season. It has it's own creative flair about it, but not quite as unique as Team 1. Team 2 and 3 were very close in my judging. Ranked #3.

At the Wire, I love how original this name is and the nice little ring it has to it when you say it out load. Ranked #2.

Results in average

Team Zosimos- Average Rank: 1.333 Finish- 1st
Team The Grinches- Average Rank: 2.333 Finish- 2nd
Team At The Wire- Average Rank:2.666 Finish- 3rd

So

Zosimos you even though threw each other under the bus' the most will all be safe, but better watch your teamates scandals. Iggy and Madelene gained immunity this week but it didnt come to that. Now you have until Sunday night to nominate a captain and that captain must message me letting me know they are captain. Fail to do so by Sunday at 8pm est the whole team will be in battle next week.

The Grinches- Skippy will need to nominate who he wants to go into battle on his team by tomorrow Friday night at 8pm est. If he does not do so he will be in battle himself. Other than that your team has until Sunday at 8pm est to nominate a team captain that team captain must message me by that time or the whole team will be in battle next week.

At the Wire- You came in last. Ashley will automatically be in battle being team Captain. Brandon Cashell you did not suggest a name which was asked of you so you will automatically be in battle. Ashley you can message me a nomination for battle by 8pm tomorrow night friday, and this whole team has until friday at 8pm est time to send me a vote who they wish to go into battle if you dont vote you will be in the battle yourself. Other than all that your team has until sunday 8pm est to have a new captain message me they are captain or your whole team will be in battle next week.

If you are put into the battle you will know by Saturday when it will be announced here with the battle. 3 people will be eliminated this week. Good luck and happy new years.!
NEVER CAUTIOUS

Every filly’s fantasy,

Baltimore Crown (G1)
Arcadia Classic (G1)
Arcadia Classic (G1)
Brakebills Stakes (G2)
Garden State (G2)
Mike Eaton
Hall of Fame

Post by Mike Eaton »

The Battle- In the most creative way you can show us judges why you decided to come on the island and compete in simvivor season 2.

The battle is due by Monday at 11pm est time. You are out if you do not complete it by this time. 3 people will be eliminated. People competing are listed below.

Ashley Gibson
Emily White
Nan Lanson
Jen f
Brandon Cashell
Padme

Good luck! Half of you will be eliminated....

Remember I also need captains for next week.
NEVER CAUTIOUS

Every filly’s fantasy,

Baltimore Crown (G1)
Arcadia Classic (G1)
Arcadia Classic (G1)
Brakebills Stakes (G2)
Garden State (G2)
Mike Eaton
Hall of Fame

Post by Mike Eaton »

Team The Grinches you never gave me a captain name I will give you only 1 hour to message me a name before you all are punished
NEVER CAUTIOUS

Every filly’s fantasy,

Baltimore Crown (G1)
Arcadia Classic (G1)
Arcadia Classic (G1)
Brakebills Stakes (G2)
Garden State (G2)
Mike Eaton
Hall of Fame

Post by Mike Eaton »

Captains have been decided.

Team Zosimos captain is Iggy. - Iggy just so you know you have one person on your team who does not think you are fit as captain.
Team The Grinches you all fell asleep. Gigi will be your captain due to me forcing it. Now you all must check in on the forum by saying you are active by Tomorrow Monday at 8pm est time or you will be eliminated. Gigi and Skippy do not have to do this.
Team At The Wire- Jen F is now captain. She is however up for battle and if she is eliminated you have an extra 24/hrs to make a new captain appear.

Thanks and remember if you are in battle it is due tomorrow night.
NEVER CAUTIOUS

Every filly’s fantasy,

Baltimore Crown (G1)
Arcadia Classic (G1)
Arcadia Classic (G1)
Brakebills Stakes (G2)
Garden State (G2)
Shayna Cross
Classic Contender

Post by Shayna Cross »

Post here? Active.
"The Horse is a mirror to your soul...
and sometimes you might not like what you see in the mirror."
-Brannaman

The Studs
Jo Ferris
Hall of Fame

Post by Jo Ferris »

Active
Arabian:
Money Run Low - 7.5k
Cass Ole - 5k
Mugello - 5k
All I'll Praise - 5k
Zandvoort - 10k

Paint:
Toby Flenderson - 15k
One In The Woods - 5k
We Can Be Heros - 5k
FLD Eclipse - 3.5k
Scooter - 3.5k
Emily White
Eclipse Champion

Post by Emily White »

Battle:

This island haunts me. It sends the blood coursing through my veins, rushing about like it will never stop. Ever since my boat crash landed here, I knew that there was something that drew me to this little scrap of land in the middle of nowhere. And then I found...them. A handful of people competing for prizes and money. Ooh, money. Sweet, sweet money, with the soft papery feel on my fingertips, and the green bright in my eyes. I wanted that money. I wanted that money so badly that my bones ached and my heart beat faster and faster. I wanted the glory of being a grand prize winner. I had never won anything before in my life...so why not try again? I stepped up to the group of people, who surveyed me with hungry eyes. I said the two words that would change my life forever, echoing in the still, humid air.

"I'm in."
Ashley Gibson
Grade 1 Winner

Post by Ashley Gibson »

"I think it needs to be reiterated that Ashley Gibson is my hero.." - John Slotman (March 4, 2010 0757)

4:16 PM [John Slotman] I don't even know where to start.
4:16 PM [John Slotman] Except I heart Ashley.
Nan Lanson
Grade 3 Winner

Post by Nan Lanson »

I was down at the Duck Inn, helping my sister celebrate returning to the working world, a real forty-hour-a-week working world, too. In retrospect, I probably should have waited until after she got her first check, because it probably would have been less expensive for me. It was there that I got the call.

"HIIII!!!!!" I answered.

"Erm...hello. Is this Nan?"

"YES!!!!"

"Ahh. Hi Nan, this is Iggy. Iggy Timeczech?"

"IGGY!!! MERRY CHRISTMAS!!"

His voice got farther away, as if he were holding his phone further away from his face. I'm certain that it was just the lousy reception, though. "It's...it's December 9th....never mind that. Am I catching you at a bad time? If so, I apologize..."

"NO, MAN, THIS IS AWESOME!! WHY ARE YOU CALLING ME?"

"...Okay. Nan, I need to drum up some entrants for the next season of Survivor, and was wondering if you'd be interested..."

"SURE, SURE, NO PROBLEM. YOU CAN COUNT ON ME."

"Oh. Good?" (I swear his voice had a questioning tone to it.) He proceeded to give me the contact information. "Just tell them that Team Chani sent you."

"CHANI? OH, YEAH, SHE'S GOOD PEOPLE."

"Do you really pronounce it Ha-nee? Huh. Well...anyway..."

"I BET YOU'D FEEL REALLY SOFT."

"Beg your pardon?"

"I BET IF I WAS HUGGING YOU RIGHT NOW, YOU'D FEEL SOOOOO SOFT. I LIKE YOU A LOT."

"Oh. Thanks?"

I would have told him he was welcome, but the lousy reception disconnected us.

Later on that night I called someone else, and I think that I told them that I loved them, but I don't know much Chinese, so that may not have come across very well.

Later on that month, my bag was packed, and I was headed for the front door. "Bye, honey," I said, soberly - and therefore not in allcaps - to my husband. "I'll miss you..." I was beginning to tear up already.

"Okay!" he said.

My tears evaporated quickly in the building heat of stunned indignation. "Okay?! I'm going to leave you for who knows how long on some godforsaken island, and all you have to say is 'Okay'?!"

"Okay. Now, you're going to want to come around this corner here, but only go up halfway. We don't want to draw aggro just yet."

I wilted. "You're playing Star Wars again, aren't you?"

"You'll see the boss, there'll be a conversation, and she'll call us nerf herders. Right after that you need to hit them with your CP40 phaser."

Any further conversation was eclipsed in a heavy sigh. I opened the door. Just then, my father-in-law wandered down the hall, staring at his hands.

"Karl? Karl. KAAAAAAARLL," he warbled. How his frail voice could somehow cut through the heat of impending combat when mine couldn't still baffles me, but, well, it's good to make him a priority.

"What, Dad?" Karl asked, as his headset tumbled down around his shoulders.

"There's nothing in my hands!" the aged gentleman exclaimed.

"That's because your hands are empty. There really is nothing in your hands," Karl said, helpfully. Sometimes, his dad has trouble realizing things like this.

The elderly man stared at his palms for a moment longer, then tucked them into his pockets. "Well, I think I'll get something to eat." He shuffled through the kitchen, and toward the garage.

"Dad? Where are you going? There's nothing to eat in the garage. Dad? Dad. DAD!!!"

It occurred to me that spending a few weeks on a remote island filled with uber-competitive, back-stabbing people just might be better than babysitting an 84 year-old man with dementia. If anything, it couldn't really get worse.

And so, here I am. They did let me see my segment on the opening episode...you know that little thing they do to introduce all the players to the audience? I'm actually rather pleased with how it turned out. There are lots of sun-dappled shots of me and Karl shuffling alongside Karl's dad, bundled up against the cold, while frost glitters on the grass. And there was a beautifully-framed shot of Leonard Beagle stuffing Tonight'sagoodnite into a horse trailer, which apparently happened about ten minutes after I left. Ah well.

I hope I at least get a tan out of this.