Season 2 Official Thread

Forum rules
Do not to post anything abusive, obscene, vulgar, slanderous, hateful, threatening, or sexually-orientated.
Do not post anything negative about any player.
No advertising other games.
The management reserves the right to delete or lock threads and messages at any time.
Read the complete SIM rules and legal information.
Madelene Gilbert
Hall of Fame

Re: Season 2 Official Thread

Post by Madelene Gilbert »

Provided that I can get my first image to load, my entry is complete. Edit: Which I did, so I'm good to go.
Clinton Jacinto
Eclipse Champion

Post by Clinton Jacinto »

Task 1:
I made a collage of the simplest things but beautiful in the island I've called home for the past few months. The motto of SIMVIVOR is to "SURVIVE!"
The blue bar racing pigeon is "Zues" and the little one is a 7 day old chick by Zues. I've used Zues to transport messages out of the island to a secret cult order that plans on taking over the island MWWAAAHHHH!!!...

ETA: I am finished.
Turf Sprinter Studs
Starlight Night $5,000
Rushing Nights $15,000
Best I Bust $1,000
Turf Miler Stud
Dollar and Cents $1,000
Appaloosa Studs
Balico $15,000
Texas Ranger $5,000
Taste the Rainbow $2,500
Dangerous Montives $2,000
Xander Zone
Hall of Fame

Post by Xander Zone »

gigi no hard feeling and trust me i would have murdered you all in your sleep if i kept playing to win or maybe just wrote BALLS on your forehead or something since no mirror would have been funny to seee you spend 20 days with that on your head!!!

so i forgive you for playing the game better then me!!!
Mike Eaton
Hall of Fame

Post by Mike Eaton »

So this is it the final 2 will now be known. To be honest, this season I did not enjoy until this task. I loved all of your creativity, I smiled at least once through all of yours, and I enjoyed getting you guys to create these final products. This may be the reason I decide to do a season 3. This season has taken forever and I will just have to learn from mistakes to make it better.

The judges went through as individuals and graded each task. Then the scores were averaged to get a final number for each task. I added up all your scores and then divided by the possible points to get your %. Highest two grades will be in the finals.

Task 1- Iggy=23 Gigi= 17 Maddy=18.6 Clinton= 16
Task 2- Iggy=22.6 Gigi=22.3 Maddy=24 Clinton=25.3
Task3- Iggy=27.66 Gigi=32.6 Maddy=25.6 Clinton=26
Task 4- Iggy=13.6 Gigi=34 Maddy=34.3 Clinton=2
Task 5- Iggy=0(edited pic hurt ) Gigi=4 Maddy= 5 Clinton= 2

Final scores Iggy= 61.56% Gigi=77.94% Maddy= 76.24% Clinton = 77.02%

Finals = GIGI vs CLINTON CONGRATS!

Final challenge will be up when judges discuss.

Thank you Iggy and Maddy for participation. You did good.
NEVER CAUTIOUS

Every filly’s fantasy,
bred to go long but quick to plz

18 : 10 - 1 - 0 LTE $2,227,500
Baltimore Crown (G1)
Arcadia Classic (G1)
Seek Thrills Handicap (G1)
Arcadia Classic (G1)
Brakebills Stakes (G2)
Garden State (G2)
Clinton Jacinto
Eclipse Champion

Post by Clinton Jacinto »

just curious how did i manage to get just 2 points for task 4?
Turf Sprinter Studs
Starlight Night $5,000
Rushing Nights $15,000
Best I Bust $1,000
Turf Miler Stud
Dollar and Cents $1,000
Appaloosa Studs
Balico $15,000
Texas Ranger $5,000
Taste the Rainbow $2,500
Dangerous Montives $2,000
Iggy Timeeczech
Eclipse Champion

Post by Iggy Timeeczech »

I was quite * when I realized my link didn't work. My entire strategy was based on getting done first and getting all the bonus points associated with speed. I rushed through the process and did an okay job on a few of the tasks in co sequence. I would have done things quite differently had I known I was going to be last even though I was finished with all of the tasks a day before everyone else. My link worked on my computer as I was signed in to photobucket. Wish I had checked the link on my phone. Good luck you two! !!
Iggy Timeeczech
Eclipse Champion

Yeah, I am confused too Clinton as this is what I got for point totals

Iggy 86.82
Gigi 110.9
Maddy 108.5
Clinton 71.3

That wouldn't put you in the finals, so I am guessing you didn't get 2 points on task 4.
Iggy Timeeczech
Eclipse Champion

Wow, I read the instructions again, and I am just shaking my head at task 4, really, I gave away the task by picking a stupid thing to write about, sigh, weeks of work down the tube by inattention to details and haste.
Mike Eaton
Hall of Fame

Post by Mike Eaton »

My eyes skipped down my bad. Clinton task 4= 39.3
NEVER CAUTIOUS

Every filly’s fantasy,

Baltimore Crown (G1)
Arcadia Classic (G1)
Arcadia Classic (G1)
Brakebills Stakes (G2)
Garden State (G2)
Mike Eaton
Hall of Fame

Post by Mike Eaton »

And iggy yes that hurt you bad. Well by 15 points. Still would not have been enough so dont beat yourself up for that. You all did very well. I mean Iggy was best task 1. Clinton was best task 2 and 4. Gigi took round 3. Maddy took 5 and was very consistent throughout.

Personally.. I loved Clinton's task 4 and i think by the score so did the other judges. I loved Maddy's interview. It stunk that she got someone that played simvivor because that was a minus points but I actually really loved her questions about love life and the true reporter feel. Plus Francis was a good sport. I know Chani really liked Gigi's task 3. We all gave Iggy the best effort for almost all to. Fanta shared the love with her Paula like grades throughout.
NEVER CAUTIOUS

Every filly’s fantasy,

Baltimore Crown (G1)
Arcadia Classic (G1)
Arcadia Classic (G1)
Brakebills Stakes (G2)
Garden State (G2)
Iggy Timeeczech
Eclipse Champion

Yes, but between my two mistakes, it totalled 20 points for me, and minus 2 for everyone else (since I would have won the time bonus and pushed everyone else down a slot) which I think would have put me slightly in front of Clinton for second. I am quite annoyed at myself. Thanks Mike for a great contest, and good luck Clinton and Gigi!
Mike Eaton
Hall of Fame

Post by Mike Eaton »

Each judge created a challenge. The three tasks will be considered the final challenge. Work to your best ability and let the best simvivor take home the $.

Mike's Challenge- Create simvivor as if it was going to be yours. Rules, good look, a plan to get participates. Basically a business plan. You should research what previous contestants think, compare the seasons. Show all your work here, all interviews. I may do another season so I want to steal what you do here if I plan to do so. Winner in this group will have a final product that shows research and effort was done, clear rules, and looks like you deserve to be the champ.

Fanta's challenge- Gigi and Clinton,
Since the SIM literally has thousands of horses in its database, the two of you have to write a short story that makes some sort of sense… using SIM horse names.

Here is an example of what I mean: “Noah is Gunnar Build a Arc. There are Only Three Days of Summer Left Before it Floods”. The two sentences use the SIM horse names “Noah”, “Gunnar”, “Build a Arc”, “There”, “Only”, “Three”, “Days of Summer”, “Left”, “Before”, “Floods”.

Make sense? Also, concerning horses with “II” at the end of their names, you can just leave the “II” out and use the main part. An example would be: “Borrow the Moon II” becomes simply “Borrow the Moon”. Connector words such as it, as, and, or, but, so forth and so on are allowed.I’m not going to put a minimum on how many words the story needs to have.

This challenge is meant to test the players’ desire to win, creativity, and researching skills; as well as their ability to play on horses names.

Judging Criteria:
1-20 point scale based on originality/creativity of the story.

10 points are to be awarded if the contestant(s) pass(es) the 100 word count mark. Not a requirement, more of an incentive.

5 points are to be awarded to whoever completes their story first.

*Fanta’s Disclaimer: Hopefully this challenge won’t make you pull your hair out. Yet, I hope it is still tough enough that you’ll appreciate the reward if you win =) This IS the final challenge after all, and this is also to make up for all of the easy judging I’ve been doing. Mike, I tried to be mean: honest. I’m just too kind-hearted. Best of luck, Gigi and Clinton!*

Chani's challenge- The final jewel of the triple crown is about to run. Who do you think will win the last leg? Who do you think will trail the field? You both may pick the same horses if you want. Now for the creative component, if you could have had a horse in this race, who would it have been Now tell us why you were unable to get that horse to the track an feel free to go nuts on creativity.

10 on creativity
10 on picking winner
20 for picking last place finisher.

To be considered complete all three tasks must be done and then a final creative piece of why you should be the SIMVIVOR.

Good luck
NEVER CAUTIOUS

Every filly’s fantasy,

Baltimore Crown (G1)
Arcadia Classic (G1)
Arcadia Classic (G1)
Brakebills Stakes (G2)
Garden State (G2)
Gigi Gofaster
Hall of Fame

Post by Gigi Gofaster »

or Fanta's challenge...

LET ME SHARE A STORY, a STORY OF A GIRL, a STORY INA OASIS, with a WILD ISLAND TWIST. THAT GIRL was STRANDED on a TROPICAL ISLAND, when UNDER A FULL MOON she FELL UNDER A SPELL. It was CLINTON’S EFFECT. THAT GIRL was GIGI.

HE CHARMED ME. It’s my SECRET JOY, that he’d NOTICE ME, in my LITTLE MERMAID COSTUME, when I LOOK MY BEST. He’d SAY I was ULTRA HOT, then HE AND I WOULD SNUGGLE UNDER COVERS in a SPOT OVER THERE. We’d CONSPIRE, it WOULD BE HEAVENLY, the SIMWINNERs TOGETHER AS ONE. I’d WHISPERINTHEDARK ‘ILONGTOBECLOSETOYOU’, and CLINTON WOULD SMILE AND NOD.

“ALLIWANTTOSAY” he WHISPERED, “ is I WILL BE VICTORIOUS, but I’ll SHARE THE MONEY WITH YOU IF YOU GOT LOVE FOR ME.”

He WON the GRAND PRIZE, but THEN I SAW WHAT I SAW, him TRYING to SNEAK AWAY UNDER the COVER OF DARKNESS. I CRIED ME A RIVER, I HELD ONTO CLINTON, but NO LOVE ANYMORE.

“Not INYOURWILDESTDREAM,” he said. WHAT HAPPENED to my STORYBOOK ENDING? His LAST WORDS SPOKEN to me, as he DISAPPEARED INTO THE DARK WITHOUT LOOKING BACK, were ‘EAT IT GIGI!’ The MORAL OF THE STORY? IWONTGETFOOLEDAGAIN.
"I was afraid of Gigi, it was true." Oh yes. Be afraid. Be very afraid...
"Gigi, you continue to impress the heck out of me." - The Steward. Okay, it was 10 RL years ago, but I'm keeping it.
Chani Ruzzo
Hall of Fame

Post by Chani Ruzzo »

My challenge:

Picks must be posted 1 hour before the race so that there is no cheating or questioning of times.
Gryphon Flight Stud, Home of Stallions: What Would You Do, Heartbrake Hotel, Remembered Soldier, Courageous Angel, Cowboy Builder, Bird Jumper, Touchdown Raiders, Dubai Awesmoness, Sikorsky, Faith in the Child, and Touchdown Dancer.
Gigi Gofaster
Hall of Fame

Post by Gigi Gofaster »

Can I just check... The triple crown races have the same entry deadlines as other races right? So entries won't be final for this until midnight PST next thursday/Friday?
"I was afraid of Gigi, it was true." Oh yes. Be afraid. Be very afraid...
"Gigi, you continue to impress the heck out of me." - The Steward. Okay, it was 10 RL years ago, but I'm keeping it.