Season 2 Official Thread

Forum rules
Do not to post anything abusive, obscene, vulgar, slanderous, hateful, threatening, or sexually-orientated.
Do not post anything negative about any player.
No advertising other games.
The management reserves the right to delete or lock threads and messages at any time.
Read the complete SIM rules and legal information.
Mike Eaton
Hall of Fame

Re: Season 2 Official Thread

Post by Mike Eaton »

Lucky for your sake you picked that because now you are in. If you decided to kick clinton out he would have been out but so would have you. So Gigi gets a second chance.

Now for a bonus. If you would like to take part any 4 of you.... pick the horse who finishes 6th in the derby and automatically make the final. You must pick a different horse then other players if more than one decide to do this big risk. Now if your horse does not finish 6th you will be eliminated unless you pick the horse who finishes last.

If none decide to take part it is fine. Challenge will be up around Friday.
NEVER CAUTIOUS

Every filly’s fantasy,
bred to go long but quick to plz

18 : 10 - 1 - 0 LTE $2,227,500
Baltimore Crown (G1)
Arcadia Classic (G1)
Seek Thrills Handicap (G1)
Arcadia Classic (G1)
Brakebills Stakes (G2)
Garden State (G2)
Mike Eaton
Hall of Fame

Post by Mike Eaton »

your all wimps =) Tomorrow night...
NEVER CAUTIOUS

Every filly’s fantasy,

Baltimore Crown (G1)
Arcadia Classic (G1)
Arcadia Classic (G1)
Brakebills Stakes (G2)
Garden State (G2)
Mike Eaton
Hall of Fame

Post by Mike Eaton »

This is to make the finals.

Task 1- Creative piece- make the most creative piece illustrating things you used to make it such as sticks, water, else you would find on the island
10 points- best looking based on a glance
10 points- used creative things on the island
5 points- effort
5 points- speed done
Value= 30

Task 2- Reporter- you must each find a person to interview in the sim. The interview will have to do with simvivor. You make the questions.
5 points- creative questions ( Makes a good creative story )
5 points- The celebrity( this is for the person you find. You should try to find a person not as involved. If you find a always involved person in chat and forum you will be scored less. A person I never heard of = 5 someone who played simvivor or always active socially = 1)
5 points- for a summary of the interview (why you picked the person? Did you like the interview etc.)
5 points- How good were the answers. ( You want to get answers that will interest others)
10 points delivery ( how did you present everything on the forum )
Value= 30 points

Task 3- Good Graces- you need to find the one person that you have played simvivor with that you did something bad to if you cant find someone then in the sim itself. If your an angel then you wont do good. I did tell you be mean at the start of this. When you find this person write an apology letter.
5 points- speed
10 points- best read
10 points- juicy ( How honest were you in admitting what you did , entertaining, and I guess creative )
5 points- grammar
5 points- apology accepted?
Value= 35 points

Task 4- creative writing- Write a creative piece of either - why do you deserve to be in the finals - your simvivor expierence - your love life on the island
20 points- Which piece did you take on? 1st =5 points 2nd= 10 points 3rd= 20 points
20 points- Creativity
Value= 40 points

Task 5- Make sure all your tasks are posted and then write on the forum finished. All tasks must be on the forum when you do this.
1st done= 6 points
2nd done= 4 points
3rd done= 2 points
4th done = 0 points

The judges will all agree on scores. Give us time after the tasks to do this. There will be 2 people eliminated= no battle this week. The final will be after this. It will be less stressful and hopefully a fun one. This one is the most stressful but its only a game. Good luck to all! You will get your grades ASAP.
NEVER CAUTIOUS

Every filly’s fantasy,

Baltimore Crown (G1)
Arcadia Classic (G1)
Arcadia Classic (G1)
Brakebills Stakes (G2)
Garden State (G2)
Iggy Timeeczech
Eclipse Champion

Post by Iggy Timeeczech »

Task one
this is what I would do, if I could,
http://static.guim.co.uk/sys-images/Tra ... oo-001.jpg
since I can't

http://s1129.photobucket.com/albums/m517/Iggy0476/

Yes, that is my own hair!

Task two

http://www.xtranormal.com/watch/1313397 ... r-simvivor

I picked Bill because he rocks and has a solid stable. I enjoyed doing the the interview with him, but putting it all into a video was the hard part. Here is the text of the conversation.

1. What keeps you from participating in Simvivor? The length of time and the quick responses needed for the challenges.

2. Do you have any suggestions for how to make Simvivor better? For me it would be for it to be a shorter timeframe.

3. If you had to make up a challenge for Simvivor, what would it be? Gotta admit that creativity isn't my strong point. I would want to do SIM-based challenges. Like maybe a best named foal or yearling challenge.

4. Have you appreciated the more feisty focus this season/why/why not? I haven't. It's not in my personality and I'm not really into that aspect. I am more about camaraderie.

5. What has been your favorite challenge this year? I really liked the story about the snake race where the story was created working with teammates.

Task 3, the apology was accepted by the way

I am writing this to come clean and ask for your forgiveness. Mike talked about how he wanted this season to be feisty, so week one, I started that way. I messaged all of our team members asking them what they thought of your leadership. My personal opinion was that you hadn't done a bad job, but that it took more time than I would liked to get responses from you. I got mixed responses from the different teammates, but enough to send Mike information and throw you under the bus. I was obviously less than honest with my response to you when you asked about being thrown under the bus, you were and I was a big part of that. It was absolutely not personal, but I wanted to fit in with the spirit of what Mike was doing this year. To be clear, this is a part of a challenge to get into the finals, but I have been planning to come clean once the season was over and not just because I was asked to. All of this being said, I am sorry for how my backstabbing affected you, will you forgive me?

Task 4

Why I should be in the finals.

I have put in a lot of time and effort over the last two seasons to get to where I am. I have gone against my personality and how I like to be to have a bit of the feistiness that Mike is looking for this season. I have been shifted around to different teams and managed to roll well with the punches. I invited a lot of people to play this season and several of the competitors this year are here, in part, because I asked them to participate. I am on the verge of breaking out and having a competitive stable and this competition could be the bit that puts me over the edge. I finish the challenges quickly and get my teammates involved. I work within the rules and feel like I have followed the rules of the challenges better than other people have. I have shown that I have what it takes to do the work required to finish the game strongly.

Oh, and finished by the way, good luck all.
Last edited by Iggy Timeeczech 12 years ago, edited 2 times in total.
Mike Eaton
Hall of Fame

Post by Mike Eaton »

Not finished until I see all of them clearly on here.
NEVER CAUTIOUS

Every filly’s fantasy,

Baltimore Crown (G1)
Arcadia Classic (G1)
Arcadia Classic (G1)
Brakebills Stakes (G2)
Garden State (G2)
Gigi Gofaster
Hall of Fame

Post by Gigi Gofaster »

Task Three...

Dear Skippy,

I know this letter is long overdue, and I wouldn’t blame you if you didn’t want to read it; if you wanted to crumple it up into a ball and bat it around the house like a little kitten.

We had worked together so well in the early days of the team, way back when we first arrived on the island. I admit, when you messaged me to say my dreams had come true because you were my captain, at first I scoffed - but you were right. You were a confident, committed leader, which makes my betrayal all the worse. You even gave it your all – quite literally – when the team produced our battle song. No one else would step up to the shower like you did, and without you – and your towel – we couldn’t have done it.

It was another challenge where I let you down. It was a tough one, one that would push every team to their breaking point. I tried to help, I really did. I had every intention of pulling my weight for the team and making it work, and I started the challenge in earnest. But then, I failed. I hid behind you, hoping you would fix it all like you had done so many times before. But the challenge was too much, even for you. I got frightened that we would all be kicked out, so that’s when I did it. I messaged Mike. I told him what I had done; I made it sound like I was the only one who tried, the only one who attempted to tackle the challenge. I made it sound as if you had let us down, as if you were the reason we couldn’t complete the challenge.

So why did I do it? I don’t know. Maybe it was the need to win. I came close last year, and I guess maybe I just couldn’t bear the humiliation of losing two years in a row. Maybe it was jealousy. After all, YOU had a horse named after you by the Steward, and one in my barn! After I spent all that money, unaware of her namesake, you just had to come along and tell me she was named after you. Every day that horse stares at me, laughing, reminding me that the wise and wonderful Steward hasn’t named any horses ‘Go Go Gigi’ or anything like that. Oh no. It was okay when the filly failed in her first race. I thought, ‘So there, Skippy, that shows you!’ But as if you were mocking me through the magic of the SIM, she suddenly got fast.

It’s sooooo unfair, and secretly it hurts me every day. If she wasn’t so darn fast she’s be off to Jaysman, or if I didn’t believe the myths and stories about the ‘Stewie renaming jinx’ I’d just spend the money and rename her. I even thought about it once, but no matter how hard I tried to fill in the ‘Rename’ box with something that had nothing to do with you, I kept typing in ‘Skippy in the Shower’. That brief, fleeting image still haunts me…

To be honest, I don’t know why I did it. I got scared. I had to blame someone. I thought if I pushed you under the bus maybe Mike would let me stay in the game – and I was right. Do I regret it? Of course I do. I tried to apologize in the animation, but I couldn’t quite bring myself to do it. If I could do it all over, would I blame you again? Well, I’m hopelessly shallow and self-serving, so I probably would, but I wouldn’t feel good about it.

I hope you can find it in your heart to forgive me. Frankly, I need your forgiveness for the extra points. I really am sorry; at least right now. How much is your forgiveness worth to me? Five extra points. What’s that worth? Well, as I said I’m shamelessly shallow. Forgive me and you can have that special little filly’s first breeding.

That’s how sorry I am. And how desperate.

Forever shamed,

Gigi
"I was afraid of Gigi, it was true." Oh yes. Be afraid. Be very afraid...
"Gigi, you continue to impress the heck out of me." - The Steward. Okay, it was 10 RL years ago, but I'm keeping it.
Iggy Timeeczech
Eclipse Champion

Post by Iggy Timeeczech »

I edited my original post to include all four tasks. I think I am finished for real now.
Gigi Gofaster
Hall of Fame

Post by Gigi Gofaster »

Task Four
My Love Life on the Island…

Dear Diary…
Coming to Simvivor Island was the best thing I’ve done. Look at all this talent! This is the perfect place for me; after all, Gigi ‘Gofaster’ didn’t get her name for nothing, eh? Let’s take a look around. On my team there’s Bill, but he doesn’t look that interested in anything, so I doubt he’ll be here long. Still, that has its advantages! Skippy has some potential, but man, is he ever strutting round like he’s god’s gift or something. He’s captain this week and it’s already gone to his head. I can’t see who’s on the other teams. I heard Iggy and Clinton are back, and there are some boys in Team Three. I even heard Eiland was here, but I’ll believe that when I see it.

Dear Diary…
Well, I was right, Bill’s gone already, and someone else from team three. A bunch of girls left too, so that helps even out the odds. Not that I need to worry, after all, this is Gigi we’re talking about. Gigi ALWAYS gets her quarry.

Dear Diary…
Well, I’ve been leaving notes for Iggy, but he’s not answering, or maybe he’s not finding them. I don’t know how I could make them any more obvious. Hmph. It doesn’t matter, Skippy is close by and he’s obviously easy picking. He’ll take his kit off at the slightest provocation. We all caught him at the shower yesterday. He pretended like it was an accident, but I think he wanted to get caught. After all, he was singing so loudly, how could we miss him? I don’t know, seems too easy now. And anyway, if I want to win this thing I need to apply myself with a real rival on another team.

Dear Diary…
Vincent seems the quiet type. The type that could win this thing. A good ally, if I can get his attention. I’ll just do my hair and head off to the beach, and maybe leave a little note close to the men’s latrine over at Team 3. Skippy’s gone too, and I think that might have been my fault. I went and gave Mike the water works about the challenge, and I guess he’s a sucker for a girl in tears. Oh well, all’s fair in love and simvivor.

Dear Diary…
Well my little plan didn’t work. Vincent ran off. Maybe it was my note, maybe not. Either way, the girls at team three might have gotten a hold of my note. I sure hope not. My reputation – deserved as it is – is already in the gutter. On the other hand, if they see what lengths I’ll go to win, maybe they’ll know to stay out of my way. Can’t hurt if they’re a little scared of ol’ Gigi.

Dear Diary…
I heard a rumor today about Clinton and a prison. Could this be my dreams come true? He was scrambling around in the dark with a video camera too; he’s definitely out to win. Just right for Gigi. Maybe I’ll leave him a little note, remind him of that little deal we made last year…

Dear Diary…
Well the Clinton thing was a ruse. He’s not in prison after all. It’s like he just works there or something. Iggy’s still here though, and Maddy and Nan are always picking on him. Maybe if he sees me building one of those sandcastles he likes so much I can get his attention; if I can persuade him to stick with me maybe I can use him to get the other girls out. They’re the dangerous ones.

Dear Diary…
I can’t believe it. I’ve been kicked off the island. No way I’m leaving; I am so not done here yet! They think they got rid of me but they’ll see. I’ll be back, and then they’ll be sorry!

Dear Diary…
And I’m back! Nan’s gone. That leaves just me, Maddy, Clinton and Iggy. Maddy’s the big risk here, so I really need to work my charms on Iggy and Clinton. I know I’ve got Clinton, after all, it was Clinton who wanted me back on the island, and by showing him just a little kindness I got Mike to let me back. Iggy I’ll just have to scare off. He could have asked Mike to bring me back but he didn’t. I won’t forget that in a hurry. I think I might have seen Maddy and Iggy whispering to each other the other day. I wonder if they’re plotting together?
I’ll go collect some bananas and coconuts, make a couple margaritas, and see if I can find Clinton…
"Gigi, you continue to impress the heck out of me." - The Steward. Okay, it was 10 RL years ago, but I'm keeping it.
Clinton Jacinto
Eclipse Champion

Post by Clinton Jacinto »

Task 3:
The Devil Made Me Do It

A dark shadow beyond the bushes asked me to kill and murder Emily White. I screamed, “GO AWAY!!!” The dark shadow said, “She needs to die or you will lose this challenge. She needs to DIE!!!” The shadow disappeared without a trace. I have tried to suppress this demon in my head, but could never shake the undeniable force that was pulling me in.

One night I followed Emily. I was positive that she was hiding something from me. She went into the dark brush and disappeared. I followed her, trying not to be discovered or heard. She stopped at an opening in the middle of the dark jungle yards away from the camp. There I saw her conspiring with the dark shadow. I cannot believe it. They were planning on eliminating me tonight. She was dealing with the devil and was willing to put my head on the platter to ensure her victory.

I ran back to my small man made hut, grabbed my knife and sliced my arms until blood was flowing down them. I called upon the great shadow. I wanted him to listen to me and not Emily. The shadow appeared and knew instantly what I wanted. He proposed a deal, “Kill Emily and your wish shall be granted by the dark forces.” The dark shadow again disappeared. My intention was made. I was to kill Emily at all cost to keep my chances of winning the big prize intact.

I took my knife and shovel. I ran to where I left Emily. She was still talking to the dark shadow, probably still thinking about what to offer him. I ran quickly behind her and hit her in the head with the shovel. She quickly started bleeding profusely from the back of her head. Instantly she died. I took my knife and took her heart out. Still beating I cut it in pieces and ate it raw. There are certain tribes in South America that ate certain parts of their enemies’ bodies as a sign of apology or forgiveness for taking their lives.
From the depth of the darkness I sat covered in blood. I could no longer hold my emotions and screamed, “FORGIVE ME EMILY MY LOVE!!!...”
-Emily White’s body was never found and was automatically eliminated from SIMVIVOR. All the remaining participants of SIMVIVOR from the time of Emily’s disappearance are still currently on the suspect list of the authorities and will be interviewed after the contest is over.

NOTE: This is just a creative way to send my apology to Emily White who was probably eliminated from the game from the actions I’ve taken to preserve my own safety in the game. This fictional writing is in no way true or any contents used are based on any truth. So, please do not call the police and report me. I do not need the cops knocking on my door asking about Emily. Task 4 also would tie in into task 3, somewhat like a small suspense/drama story. I hope you all enjoy.

Task 4:

Day 1 - I would have never thought that I was going to be chosen to be one of the players in Simvivor. I guess they needed at least one Asian personality in the game so they don’t get called out for being discriminative. Man, there are some hot ladies in this bunch. I need to find someone to hook up with and build an alliance with, but whom?

Day 3 - Wow I am simply wasting away out here. My metabolism is on overdrive and there isn’t one fast food joint within two thousand miles of this freakin’ island. I did manage to persuade Gi Gi to share her coconuts with me today (Not those kinds of coconuts you gutter brain.). Gigi sure is friendly towards me all the time. I think she has a thing for me. Well, she’s hot and reminds me of Kate Upton. Gigi is one of the most gorgeous human beings on this planet well…at least in this island.

Day 10 - Gigi and I have managed to get close she keeps bringing me these margaritas made from bananas and coconuts. It’s non alcoholic but it sure does make me want to get buck wild and crazy. Last night she slept next to me for the first time. She usually sleeps with Emily White and Nan Lanson. It’s weird how they didn’t separate the teams from each other. We were all put in one spot in close proximity to each other. I guess the producers thought it would turn out to be very interesting. And boy did it ever…

Day 14 – I was caught off guard this morning while preparing some fish for breakfast. The sun was still not up and I usually wake up an hour before sun rise anyways and watch movements the other players made early in the morning looking for anything suspicious. Emily came up to me and whispered in my ears, “Meet me at the well tonight.” That night Emily revealed to me that Gigi was putting some kind of island herb in those margaritas she had been giving me.

Day 16 – After the challenge today I went out to gather fruits and hunted some crabs off the beach. I came back to the hut and found Gigi lying on my make shift mattress. She was looking seductive and irresistible. I was being drawn by her bluish/gray eyes resembling a morning fog. She continues to peer into my eye and seeing my desires. She knew she had me when I could no longer resist the urges of my primal instincts. I jumped into the mattress and processed to undress her…

Day 20 – Gigi has me wrapped around her pinky finger. I cannot resist her beauty and charming ways, but there is still one person trying to help me break out of her spell, Emily. Emily told me that she found out how to reverse the enchantment that Gigi had casted on me. She mentioned that she was going to do it in 2 days after collecting all the necessary ingredients to create the reverse potion. Soon after Emily left my side Gigi comes over and places a coconut filled margarita into my hand… (3:00 am) I am not sure what is going on, but I am starting to see a dark shadowy figure that is talking to me and telling me to kill Emily. I thought it was a dream but he is starting to come around more often now. In fact he is telling me right now to kill Emily tomorrow night.”

Day 21 (Read Task3) - Emily disappears from the island with her body unable to be located. There is now an ongoing investigation according to the authorities on Emily’s disappearance.

Day 25 – Shortly after Emily’s disappearance Gigi was casted out of the island after losing a battle. I am still seeing the shadowy figure each day that passes. I miss Emily, that cute, honest, girl next door face. She was the only person that was trying to help me. Now I am alone and haunted by something demonic.

Day 30 – Despite going crazy I managed to make it with only three players left. A stunning opportunity was given to us today. We were allowed to bring back one person. The demonic shadow insisted that I bring back Gigi. He told me that she would keep me warm at night and would serve me my wishes and urges. And so it was done…

Note: I wanted to show a little bit of a deviant side of the game. Although not true it is great to fantasize about the game in a different light or darkness shall I say. The shadowy figure by the way was Gigi's voodoo powers. She was manipulating me through her dark magic. Gigi if you look like Kate Upton or even just look remotely similar to her left butt cheek pm me in game I want to be your boy toy :) JK. I wish that everyone who read my story has managed to get some enjoyment out of it.
Turf Sprinter Studs
Starlight Night $5,000
Rushing Nights $15,000
Best I Bust $1,000
Turf Miler Stud
Dollar and Cents $1,000
Appaloosa Studs
Balico $15,000
Texas Ranger $5,000
Taste the Rainbow $2,500
Dangerous Montives $2,000
Madelene Gilbert
Hall of Fame

Post by Madelene Gilbert »

Task 1:
Well, most of my creativity happens on my computer. For example:

Since that isn't a commodity found on a tropic island, I had to turn my creative juices to a more tangible media:

Task 2:

My Interview with Francis Filart

I knew I was running out of time, so I jumped into the chat room in the hopes that I would find someone willing (or stupid) enough to interview with me. Francis was just such a person and was wonderful to talk to. In addition, I found out that he had even been a former teammate of mine. And was, in fact, not a girl. Oops...

Questions:
1) You’re relatively new to the SIM. You were relatively new to SIMvivor. And you got kicked out in Week 2. How does that make you feel?
2) Did you think you were at an advantage or disadvantage playing on the island?
3) So tell me, why did you decide to join the island in the first place?
4) And finally, you seem to be a nice young man. Any ladies happen to catch your eye while you were there, albeit briefly?

Task 3:

Dear __________,

I’ll be honest; when I started playing this game I had you targeted with a vengeance. I was the little kid that sulked in the corner because they got put on the same team as the one kid in the class they hated most. I was still miffed about the Secret Santa fiasco; only immature brats whine because they feel they deserve a present of the same or greater amount than that which they gave, even if it was twice what they initially intended. Unfortunately, you whined about two weeks early and completely ruined my Christmas Eve surprise. Then, to top it off, you completely disregarded my gift.

So when you were completely inactive the first week for the challenge, I ratted you out. I ratted you to Mike and the rest of the team and said that you weren’t fit to continue to play the game because you couldn’t be bothered to read your PMs. Somehow you managed to slip by that week, but it was still my mission to make sure you were the first off the team. Fortunately for me, you screwed up the directions for the second challenge. With this new ammunition, I begged Mike to find a way to eliminate you and pointed out the shortcoming to the rest of the team. But even then you eluded me!

Elimination ended up being your own undoing, as you failed to participate (once again) in the second week’s battle. The joy of your departure was eclipsed only by my desire to see you crash and burn personally. At least it would have been fun to see you struggle. But you bowed out with a coward’s grace and I had to let my vendetta go so I could concentrate on winning.

Several weeks later while I sit comfortably in the semi-finals, I’m willing to forgive and forget. Water under the bridge, so to speak. I will forgive you even for Secret Santa, if you are willing to forgive me for SIMvivor. So will you forgive me?

(not yet accepted, and I highly doubt will be as (s)he doesn't read the forum often)

Task 4:

Let me tell you something: I’m a girl, and a girl has needs. Unfortunately, as much as I liked working with the guys on my team… well, hooking up with them would have been awkward. Not to mention I’ve been stabbed in the back by multiple lovers before. So there was no way I was going to give any one of them such an opportunity. Same-team romance = bust.

I was able to catch a glimpse of the other team prospects by the end of the first week; I volunteered to scout for just such a purpose. Unfortunately, they made even the washed up sea-weed look like Brad Pitt in comparison. Opposing-team romance = bust.

Alright, well I figured I would be fine without any…romantic entangles for the next few weeks. After all, I needed to be on the top of my game. But the competition kept dragging on…and on… I wasn’t eliminated, but after a month I was going so crazy I was about to hump the tree I was peeing on.

And then I met Casey. Such a nice guy. A little prickly to begin with, but sweet and soft on the inside. And quiet – a girl’s most sought after trait! Well, a few days with Casey and all my cravings were satisfied. Oh, how he made me feel like a woman! He didn’t even mind when I batted him around under the giant banana leaves. He even told me not to feel self-conscious when, after a violent night of lovemaking, the group asked if anyone else had heard that horrible howling cat. Casey and I just exchanged a quick glance; I nonchalantly replied “no”. I didn’t even mention anything when the rest of the group dined on coconut milk that morning; they didn’t know it was my doing.

Unfortunately, Casey didn’t last very long after that. I had to resort to stealing one of Clinton’s piggy banks. Hammy and I get along fabulously though…

Here's the only picture of Casey I have that survived. He died shortly thereafter, but he looks happy at least...
Last edited by Madelene Gilbert 12 years ago, edited 3 times in total.
Gigi Gofaster
Hall of Fame

Post by Gigi Gofaster »

maybe Kate Upton's Mom. Sorry Clinton.
Gigi Gofaster
Hall of Fame

Post by Gigi Gofaster »

task two...Thanks Nan!!!!!

Q: Tell me about why you joined simvivor this year. Were you after fame, friendship, or was it just a shameless need for money?

A: It was more like drunken misguided loyalty. I mean, Iggy invited me! Personally! With a form letter! And the handicapping people are kinda my peeps...we all roll together and all that. So before I knew it I was on the island.

Q: I was pretty scared when I saw you were in the game. Creative types like you always do well. How much do you think your writing and artistic abilities helped you get so far in the game? Is simvivor no place for the dim and dull?

A: Your fear pleases me. Well, I think it did help, to a point. I think as long as the judges can see that you're putting effort into it, that counts. On the other hand, I got real * in my last week on the island. I thought my detail-laden account filled with words carefully picked from a thesaurus would really put me over, but instead it just stunk up the room.

Q: In your opinion – and as an artiste, we all want to hear your opinion – what was the performance of the year so far? Who really impressed you and made you think, ‘man, I wish I had done that?’

A: Your hidden footage of Maddy and me was golden. Definitely my favorite. Come to think of it, I wish I had referenced that in my story, instead, and mentioned that I have generous bosoms and a belly button ring. I'm such a tart! I definitely would have won the challenge then.

Q: You’ve suddenly found a hidden handicapping gift, winning a few contests on the sim. Did my comments about your handicapping skill inspire you to start picking winners? Or did you get good at handicapping to spite me?

A: Oh Gigi my dear, spite has nothing to do with it. I simply enjoy proving people wrong; it's just another challenge for me. In fact, it inspired me to go out and buy a horse just so I could name it in honor of the occasion:
http://www.simhorseracing.com/horse.php?HorseID=264176&
And now you have a horse named after you! Yaaaay! We both win. I just win harder, of course.

Q: It’s time to spill the beans, Nan. Dish the dirt. Did you make any shady deals behind the scenes? Offer or take any bribes (other than from me of course)?

A: Why, of course I don't know what you're talking about. I may enjoy toppling the occasional sandcastle, but I am an upstanding citizen. And if you want any more proof than that, you'd better bring a warrant.

Q: What about Mike’s bloodthirsty need for evil? Did you do the dirty on anyone? Did you want to?

A: This may be hard to believe, but I tend to enjoy just watching bloodthirsty evil instead of perpetrating it myself, so no.

Q: Simvivor brings out some unfortunate behaviors in all the players. Did you have any embarrassing moments? Anything you wish you had done differently? Anyone who needs an apology? Any ‘what was I thinking’ moments?

A: So you didn't see me running back from the lake without any underwear? Good. No, my concience is pretty clean.

Q: Let’s say Mike will let you back on the island if you take someone’s place who’s left in the game. Who would it be? Who’s really got your goat?

A: I would choose to replace Maddy. It's nothing personal, but she'd definitely do the same if it were any of us. Besides, with you against me on the island, it would be like Rachel Alexandra racing against Zenyatta! I mean, imagine how many forum threads that previous sentence just spawned!! It would be epic!!!

Q: When you were knocked out, how did it feel? Will you ever find the strength to get over it?

A: I was sad, definitely, but once I washed the sand out of my bellybutton, I got over it. Besides, it enabled me to get home in time to see Past Exchange win the Mojave Stakes. And that other race -- the one that gets televised? That was pretty good, too. In fact, I'd venture to guess that by allowing San Diego Padre to run against Past Exchange, it gave him the extra confidence he need to beat all those other horses. You're welcome, Mr. Wilson.

Q: So now you are out of simvivor, we all want to know. Just how far would you go for a million Sim bucks? Just what would you do for that kind of money?

A: I'm not absolutely sure, but I have a really bad feeling that Youtube would have something to do with it.

Q: What about next year? Have you had enough of the island, or will we see you back in next year’s challenge?

A: I think I will take the next season off, and just sit back and enjoy the shenanigans at home. If there's a season four, though, I'm there.

Q: If you did come back, who would you most want to have on your team? Who would you most want to beat?

A: Well, naturally anyone in the top five would be great, so you, Maddy, Iggy, and Clinton would definitely be on my dream team. Skippy and Ashley would be there, too. Scott Eiland intrigues me, so I'd like him to be there to see what he can do. And then I'd like to beat you all, of course!

Q: Any words for the simcowards who have been hiding in the shadows, dreaming of having the courage to join Simvivor? What advice would you give any newcomers to the island next year?

A: Don't be afraid to do it. If a dork like me can make it to the final four, anyone can do it. Just make sure you keep tabs on the thread, so you know when the challenges are coming. And bring extra shoes.
Gigi Gofaster
Hall of Fame

Post by Gigi Gofaster »

Task One...I was going to take the leaf horse down to the beach for real effect, but it was blowing a hoolie and about 40 degrees so I was concerned we both might get washed away...

And I'm done....
Gigi Gofaster
Hall of Fame

Post by Gigi Gofaster »

Whoops, no I'm not...somehow I cut the interview summary off...

So, what can I say about this interview with Nan? I picked her because she can write, she's witty, friendly, and creative, and she has a great sense of humor. She certainly lived up to her reputation as the Sim's greatest 'Inkslinger', and I think you'll agree that Nan was a great choice. She dished some dirt, told us a few little secrets about her life on the island, and promised that maybe one day she could be lured back. Not only that, but her answers are riddled with little gems of advice for both new and seasoned islanders. We miss you Nan!

NOW I'm done...
Clinton Jacinto
Eclipse Champion

Post by Clinton Jacinto »

Task 2

Clinton: I am here today to interview Ms. Juli Stettler. She resides in the concrete jungle of New Jersey. We will get some insight on how Ms. Juli will tread the dangers of Simvivor.

Clinton: What kind of tactic/strategy would you use to win the SIMVIVOR GAME?

Juli Stettler: Well I'd probably go for the 'nice' approach. I'm pathetically polite and can't be mean to anyone to save my life. I hate confrontation and all that fun stuff so I'd probably be the peacemaker with everything.

Clinton: I guess you've a good chance because Fanta won it being it so maybe you can also.

Clinton: Would you befriend guys or girls in the game? and Why?

Julie: Probably the guys, I've found I get along much better with the male gender, girls can be so catty and just hard to get along with!

Clinton: Not from my experience in the island :P They are usually nice and trying to gain my vote all the time hehehe....

Clinton: If you fell in love with a player would you lose on purpose for him to win? and Why?

Juli: Heck no! Though I'm infariably nice I still want to come out on top!

Clinton: Love stinks in the island. The girls only like me because they need me not because they love me. *sobs*

Clinton: How well are your survival skills and will you last for days with meager food supplies?

Julie: I never was part of the girl scouts but I can fend for myself and don't mind getting my hands dirty. I can ration food so I'd be just fine and dandy.

Clinton: I hope you are ready to eat some nasty stuff because banana/coconut margarita can only do so much for your hunger.

Clinton: Finally, what would you do if you came face to face with a Big Foot, Sasquach, Yetti, etc. in the game?

Julie: I'd approach it and see if it was hostile or not, and if so run like heck!

Clinton: Well Juli thanks for your time and insights. I'm sure the sasquach will run the other way if he sees you too. :P

To surmise this great interview I would like to add that Julie Stettler was a very polite and kind hearted person. I’m not sure how well she would do in the game, but I can tell you she is a scrappy lady. She may not be the conniving, evil, deceitful player that usually wins these types of contest, but her heart and determination will carry her far. Along with her nice inner kindness her outer exterior is rock solid. She is a constant and avid rock climbing lady. Actually probably more like cup cake cooking lady. Well, all good things must come to an end. Fanta Arcadia showed that good girls can win the SIMVIVOR contest and I have any doubt that Juli can achieve the same success.
Turf Sprinter Studs
Starlight Night $5,000
Rushing Nights $15,000
Best I Bust $1,000
Turf Miler Stud
Dollar and Cents $1,000
Appaloosa Studs
Balico $15,000
Texas Ranger $5,000
Taste the Rainbow $2,500
Dangerous Montives $2,000