Name My Foals - Year 33

Forum rules
Do not to post anything abusive, obscene, vulgar, slanderous, hateful, threatening, or sexually-orientated.
Do not post anything negative about any player.
No advertising other games.
The management reserves the right to delete or lock threads and messages at any time.
Read the complete SIM rules and legal information.
Nikki Everdeen
Hall of Fame

Name My Foals - Year 33

Post by Nikki Everdeen »

This popular contest is back for the fourth year running! Note that there are a few rule changes, so if you have participated before, please take a look below before submitting names.

I hate naming horses. I know some people like naming horses. If so, this contest is for you!

Naming Spreadsheet

Rules & Notes

1. Submit ALL names via in-game PM. This will prevent other players from using the names you suggest before I have a chance to look at them and consider the names.
2. Please don't take offense if I don't choose your name(s); this game is all in fun!
3. You will be paid out winnings as soon as the contest is over, after yearling gallops next year (Year 34).
4. You may still submit names without specific pedigrees in mind, but those will only pay $500 this year (see below).
5. Last year I included a great spreadsheet with dam and sibling info. Unfortunately I won't have time to put it together this year, but there will be a spreadsheet just for the purpose of calculating participant winnings.

Ways to Get Money

1. Submit a name for a specific foal, and the name is accepted by me (or I choose to use that name for a different foal) --> $1,000
2. Submit a name as part of a list of suggestions, and I use that name for one of my foals --> $500
3. A foal that you are credited with naming from Year 33 gallops "Wow" or "Stakes" in first Year 34 gallop --> $10,000*
4. A foal that you are credited with naming from Year 33 gallops "Scary" or "Special" in first Year 34 gallop --> $25,000*
5. The person who has the largest "bankroll" from this contest will "win" a bonus --> $50,000

*If for some reason gallop comments change for next season, I reserve the right to adjust these prize figures to reflect the equivalent gallop comments.
Last edited by Nikki Everdeen 11 years ago, edited 1 time in total.
Inspiration Stud
Standing quality Appaloosas, Arabians, Paints, Quarter Horses, and Thoroughbreds
Nikki Everdeen
Hall of Fame

Re: Name My Foals - Year 33

Post by Nikki Everdeen »

Just to let everyone know, I am on vacation this week so I haven't had time to review the names that were sent in. Until you see that your message has been "read", I haven't considered your submissions yet. Thanks to all who have sent in names so far, and I will get to them ASAP!
Inspiration Stud
Standing quality Appaloosas, Arabians, Paints, Quarter Horses, and Thoroughbreds
Nikki Everdeen
Hall of Fame

Post by Nikki Everdeen »

I finally had time to go through names. Many thanks to Pepper Carol for the names! Keep them coming; lots more to name!

Naming Spreadsheet
Inspiration Stud
Nikki Everdeen
Hall of Fame

Post by Nikki Everdeen »

Spreadsheet updated! Any that don't have a "named by" were either named by me or I bought/was gifted a named foal.
Inspiration Stud
Nikki Everdeen
Hall of Fame

Post by Nikki Everdeen »

Spreadsheet updated! Keep those names coming!
Inspiration Stud
Nikki Everdeen
Hall of Fame

Post by Nikki Everdeen »

Need cash from breeding all of your mares? Spend a few minutes and think up some names! At LEAST $1,000 per name that is accepted!
Inspiration Stud
Kelley Wachter
Eclipse Champion

Post by Kelley Wachter »

FINALLY, got around to sending some your way :)
Nikki Everdeen
Hall of Fame

Post by Nikki Everdeen »

And Kelley roars to the lead! She has participated every year, and regularly wins six figures from this contest. Join in the fun, and submit some names!

Note that all are now YEARLINGS when you're searching for pedigrees.
Inspiration Stud
Nikki Everdeen
Hall of Fame

Post by Nikki Everdeen »

Thanks to Kelley's post in the New Player forum, plenty of players have joined in the fun! Some absolutely fantastic names have been submitted! Spreadsheet has now been updated with standings.
Inspiration Stud
Nikki Everdeen
Hall of Fame

Post by Nikki Everdeen »

Updated again! ALL yearlings have now been galloped, and soon I'll post numbers for the named yearlings, as well as give numbers for the unnamed ones (without telling you WHO they are...it's fun to find out later you named a "wow" and get extra cash)!
Inspiration Stud
Nikki Everdeen
Hall of Fame

Post by Nikki Everdeen »

Spreadsheet updated!

Next up I'll start adding in gallop rewards for those that are named.

In the meantime, keep submitting names! If it seems overwhelming, try just naming paints, or just naming turf milers!
Inspiration Stud
Nikki Everdeen
Hall of Fame

Post by Nikki Everdeen »

I haven't had a chance to update the gallops, but Tyler just doubled his prize money! Keep sending in names, and you could earn some great prize money! You never know which yearlings have galloped "stakes"!
Inspiration Stud
Three Crowns Racing
Grade 2 Winner

Post by Three Crowns Racing »

Nikki Everdeen wrote:I haven't had a chance to update the gallops, but Tyler just doubled his prize money! Keep sending in names, and you could earn some great prize money! You never know which yearlings have galloped "stakes"!
Woohoo! Thanks for running this contest Nikki :D
Nikki Everdeen
Hall of Fame

Post by Nikki Everdeen »

Lots of unnamed still available to submit suggestions for!

Theoretically I'll have the currently named gallopers posted by the end of the weekend. I'm not too rushed, because I have doubts that everything will be named in time for the TBS auction tomorrow. I'll try to get them all up asap though!
Inspiration Stud
Nikki Everdeen
Hall of Fame

Post by Nikki Everdeen »

Just posted gallops and current prize tallies in the spreadsheet. And there are still a bunch left to name!
Inspiration Stud