Choose the baby daddy win the baby

Forum rules
Do not to post anything abusive, obscene, vulgar, slanderous, hateful, threatening, or sexually-orientated.
Do not post anything negative about any player.
No advertising other games.
The management reserves the right to delete or lock threads and messages at any time.
Read the complete SIM rules and legal information.
Tammy Stawicki
Hall of Fame

Choose the baby daddy win the baby

Post by Tammy Stawicki »

Short version - choose a stallion to breed Storm Lady to this year, I will breed the foal paying up to $50,000 of the stud fee and give it to you.

Who is elegible - players who have started on or after January 1st 2012 and have less than $500,000 in their bank (meaning I need to be able to see whats in your bank).

Deadline - Week 2 Friday results time (8:00pm game time)

What to do - choose a stallion you think would be a good fit for Storm Lady, and send me a private message telling me who that horse is and why you chose them.

What happens next - when the contest is closed I will post all the responses here. I doubt there will be one clear cut "best" answer so my plan is to take out the best ones and randomly select a winner. I will then pm the winner to tell them they won, if the stud fee is over $50,000 verify that they are willing to pay the difference, and get the winners request on gender/color. The foal will then be bred and sent over.

What I am looking for a response that shows you did some research and put some thought into it. I want to hear some pedigree talk. I could care less about nick grades and while you are more than welcome to check them they will not get you any extra "points"

Post here or pm me if you have any questions. However, please pm all entries instead of posting here, I don't want people to feel they can't enter because someone already chose their horse, and I also don't want people simply copying.

Best of luck
Turf Miler studs
Hempstead
Nonego
Omnsicience

Paint Sprinter studs
Jersey
Lecythus*

Paint Mid studs
Corona Wagon Train*
Jacinth
Komati*
Livewires Turnpike*

Discounts for stakes winners/producers
* = multidistance potential
Tammy Stawicki
Hall of Fame

Re: Choose the baby daddy win the baby

Post by Tammy Stawicki »

Just a reminder this contest will be closing in under a week. So if you want to enter please pm me your entry before then. So far I only have one entrant...
Turf Miler studs
Hempstead
Nonego
Omnsicience

Paint Sprinter studs
Jersey
Lecythus*

Paint Mid studs
Corona Wagon Train*
Jacinth
Komati*
Livewires Turnpike*

Tammy Stawicki
Hall of Fame

Post by Tammy Stawicki »

Three people got entrys into me before the contest deadline. I have pasted their responses below.

The winner is... Amanda Haderthauer

Thank you everyone who participated.

Emma Summer:
If your mare has potential for producing steeplechasers, I'd go with Broadsword, because:
His fee is only $10,000;
Cross Broadsword x My Tornado has many high earners and a stakes winner;
He has fantastic headshot! :D
I know his pedisgree isn't fantastic but I like him.

If your mare hasn't potential for producing steeples, I'd choose Tried and Tested.
He has pretty good pedigree and their foal would have A Crown Awaits inbed by 2x2. I know he's a miller, but I like him.

Amanda Haderthauer

I would breed Storm Lady to Celebrating. Her best foal so far is Thunder in July, by July. July is also the sire of Celebrating. Storm Lady is a half to Schwarze and Wild Condor. Both are multiple graded stakes winners and they are both sired by stallions who are out of Sunday Silence mares. Celebrating is out of a Deep Impact mare. He is a multiple graded stakes winner and earner of over 1 million dollars. In his first crop of only 15 horse he already has a graded stakes winner.

Jeff Wall
Been looking at a suitable sire for this year. Tattered would appear to be a good match which should produce a nice foul. Tattered had an average speed rating of 73 through his career which shows a good level of consistency, he has produced 818 fouls with only 303 racing so far with a % winners/ runners of 61%. Looking at his sire Frayed this blood line would be welcome in any stable with over half of his progeny having won.
Turf Miler studs
Hempstead
Nonego
Omnsicience

Paint Sprinter studs
Jersey
Lecythus*

Paint Mid studs
Corona Wagon Train*
Jacinth
Komati*
Livewires Turnpike*

Amanda Haderthauer
Derby Contender

Post by Amanda Haderthauer »

Tammy,

I know I already covered this in a PM but I just wanted to say thanks for having this awesome contest. I am really excited about my first foal! :D

Amanda