B & C Best Named Horse Contest Is Here!

Forum rules
Do not to post anything abusive, obscene, vulgar, slanderous, hateful, threatening, or sexually-orientated.
Do not post anything negative about any player.
No advertising other games.
The management reserves the right to delete or lock threads and messages at any time.
Read the complete SIM rules and legal information.
Jeb Clampett
Eclipse Champion

B & C Best Named Horse Contest Is Here!

Post by Jeb Clampett »

Contest is open! Time is around 12 pm on Forum page. 24 hours from now (and every 24 hours after that), there will be a random selection of 2 lucky people to win 1K GPs (may even be more over time). You can win multiple times as you will remain in the pool until entries close. After 10 days, the contest will be closed to entries and we'll go on to polls so that you can determine the "best named horse(s)".

Only one entry per person, but any horse that you own that has not won any prize in a previous Best Named Horse is eligible to enter. Please give your horse's name and names of the sire and dam and explain how you or the breeder came up with the horse's name. External links are very welcome.

If you want to change your mind, you can edit your post to nominate the new horse BUT BE SURE to send me (Jeb) a PM noting that you've done so. I'll be collecting the entries as I go and would likely miss changes otherwise.

Beagle & Clampett Best Named Horse Contest is open...!
"Luck is my middle name," said Rincewind, indistinctly.
"Mind you, my first name is Bad."

-- (Terry Pratchett, Interesting Times)
Three Crowns Racing
Grade 2 Winner

Re: B & C Best Named Horse Contest Is Here!

Post by Three Crowns Racing »

For clarification, does it have to be a horse that we own? Bred? I was wondering because the ones I was deciding between were all horses that I bred, named, and have since sold. There are also a number that I named for Nikki's yearly contest that I had assumed were not eligible for me since I neither own, nor bred the horse. Are we only able to enter a horse that we own?
Stormy Peak
Hall of Fame

Post by Stormy Peak »

I like to use sire and dam names to create foal names...but man...what to do when ya have a mare called Fertilizer?

She was one of my oldest mares, and even though her prior foals hadn't done much, I thought, 'What the heck I'll breed her one more time'.
I decided on Perfect Night for the sire.

Then I thought of a name. 8) :twisted:

Perfect Night
x Fertilizer
--------------
Pizza She Ate

*if you don't get it upon first reading...say it kind of fast out loud*

If she wins this contest..it might be the only things she will win. :wink:
But too, I think it would be great if she was a freak and the Steward had to call her name in a stretch run....lol.

Someone else, also noted that fertilizer and 'good weed' share a common name and on a perfect night with some 'good stuff' a person could get the munchies for a pizza.

Stormy
SIRES: Turf Routers - Each multiple G1 winners

Tuck Everlasting
Fee $30,500

Wolfman Jack
Fee $18,000
Tiff Severson
Classic Contender

Post by Tiff Severson »

Fact or Fantasy dkb.f.1 - 17
http://www.simhorseracing.com/horse.php?HorseID=343626

Andre x Science Fiction (Fact Not Fiction)

This is my Nursery lease filly from last year. I am a big ol Science Fiction buff. In my stable you will see quite a few references to Robert Heinlein, The Guild(webseries) Star Trek, Star Wars, Dr. Who, etc. It keeps me amused and some of my best namings have resulted in my best horses. aka Wil Wheaton and Geonosis. I took a philosophical view on the naming of this stakes galloping filly. When I saw the name "Andre" I thought of "Andre Norton" a science fiction author. Mix that thought with the mare and damsires names and out pops "Fact or Fantasy".
Now Standing:Coach CalMulti-Surface with strong AW and Turf times in yearlings. 15,001k [/u] Quitting Time AW Miler with short route lineage 11,000 k
Give Me The MoneyStandardbred Pacer $1,500
Danny Derby
Hall of Fame

Post by Danny Derby »

Attractive Cousin
http://www.simhorseracing.com/horse.php?HorseID=327006

Tattered x Hot Monkey Love (Gio Ponti)

The town of Shelbyville (borders the town of Springfield) was founded by a group of settlers who yearned for the freedom to marry their cousins. This filly is named with influence from both parents - the dam represents what a Shelbyville resident would like to do with their Attractive Cousin, and the sire represents the genetic makeup of the potential offspring.
Matilda Harry
Classic Contender

Post by Matilda Harry »

Dreamersoftheday
Hand of God x Sweet Surrender (Perfect Night)
This is actually a reference from the game Uncharted 3: Drake's Deception where at the beginning the final quote you hear before the music enters is 'for the dreamers of the day, are dangerous men for they may act their dream with open eyes to make it possible. This I did'
Start from 1:47 until 2:20 to hear the quote, it still sends chills down my back whenever I hear it.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WKOLyVD2wQY

Also, dreamers fits in with Perfect Night and Sweet Surrender as you are surrendering to the night and letting your dreams carry you away into thinking of reality, so you surrender to those sweet dreams.
Nini Panini
Eclipse Champion

Post by Nini Panini »

Heart Beats Harder

Stay Awake x Thrown A Wheel (Throne)

'Heart' as I tend to call him is a little sentimental value to me because I named him after my favorite song. I knew I couldn't just name any horse after the verse that had the lyrics 'heart beats harder...', so when I went through SO much trouble to get this guy, I knew it had to be him.

Not to mention, I was at school earlier today and fessed up to my friend that I had an unhealthy addiction to an online horse racing simulation game (she gave me a very strange look after that...) and that I was torn about which horse I would enter in this contest, so I begged for her help. She chose him immediately, and coincidentally, right when she said it, my iPod shuffle decided to take me right to the song he was named after! :D
"How do you describe perfection? Why try, let's just watch her run!"
Jeb Clampett
Eclipse Champion

Post by Jeb Clampett »

Tyler Simmons wrote:For clarification, does it have to be a horse that we own? Bred? I was wondering because the ones I was deciding between were all horses that I bred, named, and have since sold. There are also a number that I named for Nikki's yearly contest that I had assumed were not eligible for me since I neither own, nor bred the horse. Are we only able to enter a horse that we own?
Sorry, yes, it has to be a horse you currently own. Doesn't matter who named or who bred the horse, just who currently owns. The horse you own can be active, retired, young or pensioned, just cannot have previously won any prize in any previous BNH Contest.

Jeb Clampett
Eclipse Champion

Post by Jeb Clampett »

[quote="Stormy Peak"]

...Pizza She Ate

*if you don't get it upon first reading...say it kind of fast out loud*

/quote]

Said it fast out loud and haven't stopped laughing yet. :lol:

Great names everyone! Fun to read!

Emily Klein
Eclipse Champion

Post by Emily Klein »

Put Up Your Feet
Work Shoes x Relieve (Guitar)

I chose this name because it combines the sire and dam's names. Like if you just got home from work, you would want to relieve your sore feet by taking off your work shoes. Later you could "put up your feet" and relax while watching TV or playing the SIM.
Seagrass Farm
Kris Krueger
Grade 2 Winner

Post by Kris Krueger »

Name: Parkyakarkus
Devine Park/We All Dream
Jo Ferris
Hall of Fame

Post by Jo Ferris »

Supersonicfreefall
Quicker Than Light x Sonic Boomer

Supersonic free fall is just fun to say fast!! lol

anyway, i came up with the name after the whole Red Bull Strato's thing ended with Felix jumping from like 24 miles up and hitting supersonic speeds in free fall. And with a dam with the name Sonic Boomer and a sire with a name of Quicker Than Light, it just fit.
Last edited by Jo Ferris 11 years ago, edited 1 time in total.
Arabian:
Money Run Low - 7.5k
Cass Ole - 5k
Mugello - 5k
All I'll Praise - 5k
Zandvoort - 10k

Paint:
Toby Flenderson - 15k
One In The Woods - 5k
We Can Be Heros - 5k
FLD Eclipse - 3.5k
Scooter - 3.5k
Tiyoun Long
Miler

Post by Tiyoun Long »

I'll put forward my filly:

You Are The One - By Mr Right out of Sounds Special
Shayna Cross
Classic Contender

Post by Shayna Cross »

Don Knotts
Black Irish X Iseedeadpeople (Appaloosa)

Don Knotts was (In my Opinion) one of the greatest actors of all time, (I LOVED HIM!), and Hollywood shall miss him dearly. He always brought a huge smile to my face, and still does. I know him best from the Andy Griffeth Show, which I grew up watching, and for this role I named this colt. His character (Barney Fife), was a scrawny, very hotheaded, all bark and no bite Deputy Sheriff. One of my favorite episodes is about a "haunted" house that was scaring the locals, Barney (Don) decides to do something about it and stakes it out for the night. Of course, unlike Santa Claus, Ghosts aren't real. But Barney isn't convinced of that truth, so when strange, spooky things things start to happen he goes into his classic Don Knotts meltdown that will have you dying of laughter. (To end the suspense :shock: it was just a brunch of grouchy moonshiners :roll: )

When I was watching reruns of that episode recently, I decided to name one of my foals after my favorite actor. What better then to name a colt out of a mare named after something that scared my favorite of his characters the most? Not to mention this colt is pretty small!
How does Black Irish tie into this? Well, I guess he could rival the Irish on how easily he could get drunk in most of movies, usually accidentally. ;)

Hopefully he will live up to his name, he comes from a consistent Stakes/Wow throwing mare.
Last edited by Shayna Cross 11 years ago, edited 4 times in total.
"The Horse is a mirror to your soul...
and sometimes you might not like what you see in the mirror."
-Brannaman

The Studs
Three Crowns Racing
Grade 2 Winner

Post by Three Crowns Racing »

Jeb Clampett wrote:
Tyler Simmons wrote:For clarification, does it have to be a horse that we own? Bred? I was wondering because the ones I was deciding between were all horses that I bred, named, and have since sold. There are also a number that I named for Nikki's yearly contest that I had assumed were not eligible for me since I neither own, nor bred the horse. Are we only able to enter a horse that we own?
Sorry, yes, it has to be a horse you currently own. Doesn't matter who named or who bred the horse, just who currently owns. The horse you own can be active, retired, young or pensioned, just cannot have previously won any prize in any previous BNH Contest.
Well, pooey. Guess I should have had my auction a few weeks later, lol :) The two I was really considering were just sold at auction Convicted At Birth (The Birthright x Exonerated) and Do Two By Two (Go Do x L' Arc - Ark)

I have a couple of ASOIF names that I like and one of my favorite names on a foal that turned out to be a claimer (figures, lol). In the end I'll have to give the nod to:

Full Frontal (Streakin' Red x Hair Trigger - Fully Loaded)

Named in recognition of his Fully Loaded damsire and his Streakin' sire, I submit to you Full Frontal. A paint colt that is turning heads! :lol: