B & C Best Named Horse Contest Is Here!

Forum rules
Do not to post anything abusive, obscene, vulgar, slanderous, hateful, threatening, or sexually-orientated.
Do not post anything negative about any player.
No advertising other games.
The management reserves the right to delete or lock threads and messages at any time.
Read the complete SIM rules and legal information.
Leonard Beagle
Hall of Fame

Re: B & C Best Named Horse Contest Is Here!

Post by Leonard Beagle »

Lots of great entries so far!! Keep them coming.....
Carole Hanson
Hall of Fame

Post by Carole Hanson »

Capercaillie
Act Civil Act Now x Adjust Your Focus (Adjust the Lens)

Interesting story with this one. I was revising for my GCSE (General Certificate of Secondary Education) music mock exam and there is this piece called the Skye Waulking Song that we had to examine and it was by a band called Capercaillie. I was trying to focus on the study of the song whilst listening to it but it was just too good to listen to and I was just thinking 'must...do...work!' but I couldn't act upon it. Then I went to the SIM like I do when revising ( :P ) and I looked at my yearlings and the then unnamed Capercaillie and I thought, 'you know what, she's gonna be THE Capercaillie' and turns out she galloped wow, :)
Matt Feldman
Turf Router

Post by Matt Feldman »

This is the story of a horse named Vigoda

I was a junior player when Mike Eaton, knowing that Fish would be pensioned soon, had a two-day special on Fish's Stud fee. Now, when some people hear the word fish, they might think these guys:

but being more of a late 70's/early 80's child than a 90's kid, I think of this guy:

which, for those unfamiliar with 70's t.v. shows, is Phil Fish, a character on the Barney Miller show who was played by Abe Vigoda. (As an aside, Abe Vigoda, at the time of this writing, is NOT dead. If you want to check yourself, just go to http://www.abevigoda.com which I believe is updated daily with Abe's status).

Anyway, when I found out that Fish had close to 300 offspring, and not one named after Abe Vigoda, I knew I had to do something about that. The problem was that I was just a junior player with a total of one turf router mare, who while is formidable, was not a good cross with Fish - hence Vigoda has not yet hit the board in his six very low level claiming races (to date).
Act Out Multiple Grade 1 Winning Dirt Miler - $10,000

Many Names Multiple Grade 1 Winning Dirt Miler - $10,000
Emily White
Eclipse Champion

Post by Emily White »

This is my entry.

Bill Nye - Scientist x Dubacilla

Scientist needed a son named after one of the most beloved scientists of all time. I spent many mornings sitting and watching his show on TV, and many more mornings watching in on a TV in school.
Last edited by Emily White 11 years ago, edited 1 time in total.
Stormy Peak
Hall of Fame

Post by Stormy Peak »

Jeb Clampett wrote:Time for the first day's random draw........

Today's lucky winners are:
Stormy Peak
Kris Krueger

......Congratulations! Game Points are on the way.

Thank You.

-------
Stormy
SIRES: Turf Routers - Each multiple G1 winners

Tuck Everlasting
Fee $30,500

Wolfman Jack
Fee $18,000
Kelley Wachter
Eclipse Champion

Post by Kelley Wachter »

Mine Mine Mine

Mine Those Stars x Mine In Spirit

At first I just kept repeating Mine, Mine, Mine, Mine due to the sire and dam's names, then I realized *lightbulb* this little bit --which I think is the funniest part of Disney's "Finding Nemo"--- made perfect sense!

Nini Panini
Eclipse Champion

Post by Nini Panini »

[quote="Kelley Wachter"]Mine Mine Mine

Mine Those Stars x Mine In Spirit

At first I just kept repeating Mine, Mine, Mine, Mine due to the sire and dam's names, then I realized *lightbulb* this little bit --which I think is the funniest part of Disney's "Finding Nemo"--- made perfect sense!/quote]

Kelley - that made me laugh so hard! Brilliant!
"How do you describe perfection? Why try, let's just watch her run!"
Matt Feldman
Turf Router

Post by Matt Feldman »

Jennifer Francis wrote:Slipperywhenwet
Star Signs x Tricky Road
http://www.simhorseracing.com/horse.php?HorseID=349858

I thought of the name because of her dams name Tricky Road so I thought when the road gets wet it becomes slippery. but i thought of another reason too but i wont say what that reason was
Since no one else will touch this, I will! Um, because you like the Bon Jovi album? :P
Act Out Multiple Grade 1 Winning Dirt Miler - $10,000

Many Names Multiple Grade 1 Winning Dirt Miler - $10,000
Bryan Doolittle
Eclipse Champion

Post by Bryan Doolittle »

Vasily Zaytsev (As to War x Little Babushka)
http://www.simhorseracing.com/horse.php?HorseID=351388

Vasily Zaytsev was a Soviet sniper during World War II, notable particularly for his activities during the Battle of Stalingrad
Last edited by Bryan Doolittle 11 years ago, edited 1 time in total.
"The door says 'PUSH', you idiot"-My Brother
Jennifer Francis
Hall of Fame

Post by Jennifer Francis »

that and my husbands mind is always in the gutter i asked him what i should name the horse and pretty much not in lamen terms that is what he said :oops:
Got to start from the bottom to get back to the top. Just wonder how long that will take in the game and in life.
Jeb Clampett
Eclipse Champion

Post by Jeb Clampett »

Time for the second day's random draw. (I'm using a random number generator in a spread sheet to be sure to get a random selection.)

Today's lucky winners are:
Jo Ferris
Mike Springer

Congratulations! Game Points are on the way.

Same time tomorrow there will be another drawing. Everyone who is already entered is eligible (you can win multiple times) plus anybody entering in the next 24 hours.

Good luck to all!
"Luck is my middle name," said Rincewind, indistinctly.
"Mind you, my first name is Bad."

-- (Terry Pratchett, Interesting Times)
Rebecca Cass
Turf Router

Post by Rebecca Cass »

The Ramen Monster By The Smoke Monster out of Enjoy Your Meal, I thought the name was rather fitting, and it works with my ramen obsession :lol:
LA Pepper
Grade 1 Winner

Post by LA Pepper »

edited out, see below
Last edited by LA Pepper 11 years ago, edited 1 time in total.
Max Winterson
Classic Contender

Post by Max Winterson »

My entry is How to Typo (How to Success - Afraid to Lead), who is named after her mom and my incapatibility to spell correctly...
I'm not native English speaker and have problems with spellings of some words - like success. Back in when I was naming Typo's dam I don't even remember how I managed to wrote success. Probably something like "sucees", even Steward sent me pm asking me if she could correct the name ^^;; And on top of that, later I found out that the musical she is named after isn't actually wrote in that way (How to succeed in a business without really trying). I had previously decided that names of How to Success' will start with "How to" and after finding out about the misspelling with musical's name I decided name of her first foal....Now only to hope that there won't be spelling mistakes like that and that Typo won't hate me because of her name...
LA Pepper
Grade 1 Winner

Post by LA Pepper »

How about . . .
Teye Deye : Tattered x Juleye